Pyro Pete

Sinani leaving?

2 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Coventry or similar will still be a success for him.

I don't see him as a Coventry type player if I'm honest.

From what I've seen, and it's only fits and starts, I'm not really sure he's suited to the pace of the English game tbh.

But yeah if he can get a contract at Coventry he's done relatively well for himself bearing in mind the limited impact he's had.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Hayden is still here

I'm not sure what you mean about Ramsey either- he went back due to injury and I think he was used over others because he performed better. Of all of the players we're likely to move on this window he's the one I'm most disappointed about. 

Oh! Hayden back at Newcastle just for treatment? I stand corrected. 

Agree about Ramsey's performances, he had some super moments, except that he did fade/disappear a lot towards the end of games.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Where do we get winger from? I thought he was more like a No10 at Huddersfield. He certainly plays neither position for us.

And he isn't one for us unfortunately.

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Looks to me that Wagner is having a very big say in reshaping the squad as opposed to Webber.

It doesn't look any different to normal.

We would have likely tried to move Sinani on in the summer but Smith liked him and rated him (see all the pre-season talk) so Webber wasn't going to sell him if the manager wanted him. Now it appears the new manager is less keen on him, and with only 6 months left on his contract and us clearly having not offered one, we were probably always looking to move him on this window if he didn't kick on.

Bought for basically nothing, will likely have made some money out of loan fee's and the nominal fee this month for him. Decent move from Webber again.

• Like 1

It only makes sense to let Sinani leave if we can bring in a replacement. Behind Dowell he's our only other right sided option unless you play Sargent out of position again.  

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It doesn't look any different to normal.

We would have likely tried to move Sinani on in the summer but Smith liked him and rated him (see all the pre-season talk) so Webber wasn't going to sell him if the manager wanted him. Now it appears the new manager is less keen on him, and with only 6 months left on his contract and us clearly having not offered one, we were probably always looking to move him on this window if he didn't kick on.

Bought for basically nothing, will likely have made some money out of loan fee's and the nominal fee this month for him. Decent move from Webber again.

There has been more movement certainly outwards in the squad this window than in recent January windows which was the point i was making.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

There has been more movement certainly outwards in the squad this window than in recent January windows which was the point i was making.

I'd suggest that may be because we've got more players out of contract than most seasons- all the players moving on have had 6 months left on their deals so we're clearly looking to grab some cash if we can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

True but I think that was inevitable this year due to the amount of players in last 6 months of their contracts.

EDIT: sorry, king already answered

Edited by hogesar
king already answered - boooo kingcanary booo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Shortage of wingers.. Lets sell the only ones we have!

Webber the genius at it again

Winger?? Genius with these kind of comments... Have you ever watched him play? 

We've got Placheta coming back so we're hardly short.

11 minutes ago, crab man said:

We've got Placheta coming back so we're hardly short.

If the answer is Placheta then promotion is gone. He isn't up to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

We are allowed to bring players in you know, plus it looks like Rowe can’t be that far off. 

Placheta is still on the books, but his injury seems to be a mystery

Are we actually playing with wingers? From what I’ve seen it’s pretty much a fluid three behind Pukki. I’m not sure Placheta is ever going to fit in this system.

• Like 1

Maybe we are just clearing space for all the top loanees that are on the way from Wagner's best mate Klopp.

Well as Placheta has returned to us, you would assume its a medium/long term injury. Plus we really shouldnt be relying on these type of players to push us on, as he hasnt pulled up any trees since his arrival, nor on loan, albeit his last loan seemed to be going well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us not bring someone in but it's really a guessing game without knowing what the club think of all the wingers we have on the books, and what the plans are with them going forward.

Onel: :Last year of his contract, he's said he wants to stay but it doesn't seem like we've offered him a deal.

Rashica: Out on loan and seemingly wanting out, can get some money for him. 

Tzolis: Also out on loan, still very young but do they club intend to keep or are we looking to cash out.

Placheta: Back from loan due to injury, is he viewed as a genuine option now?

Rowe: Was there hope he would've made an impact this season if not for injury?

Not technically gifted enough to warrant being as slow as he is for this system I would imagine. 

I can't see Placheta really making the grade either but if he was fit he'd probably be ahead in the pecking order on pue athleticism. 

I'd be surprised if that freed up loan spot wasn't used on a winger even with Rowe back soon.

Arent we leaving ourselves a little threadbare if nobody is coming in?

All very well letting players go whilst we have a relatively fit squad..but with 19 ? games to go plus hopefully playoffs ,it wouldnt take many injurues to be struggling to fill the bench?

Although Sinani is good enough for the Championship I think it would be better to sell him whilst we can still get some money for him as I can only see him being offered a new contract if we fail to get promoted, as he’s nowhere near good enough for the PL

I don’t think we’re short of options - Hernandez, Dowell, Idah, and I think even Sara can play there, plus Rowe’s on his way back from injury 

5 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Cantwell hasn’t been an option all season. You can’t be short of an option you never had 😂

Well apart from the nine appearances and nine substitute appearances he made, some of which early season were pretty impressive.

Sinani has been in the books for a while, must be on healthy wages unless there are targets written into it. If we can get some / any money from his sale, it's a good idea.

6 hours ago, AJ said:

It only makes sense to let Sinani leave if we can bring in a replacement. Behind Dowell he's our only other right sided option unless you play Sargent out of position again.  

Idah would my second choice

Genuinely think he would be useful for Coventry, he sort of plays a range of roles which is useful if you have a small squad, I suspect we would let him go

I think people are overplaying the idea we'd be threadbare without him.

It seems to me Wagner isn't that interested in playing classic wingers. So without Sinani I wouldn't be shocked to see players like Nunez used in a wider attacking midfield role, or even Sara who I've heard mentioned played this sort of role in Brazil. 

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think people are overplaying the idea we'd be threadbare without him.

It seems to me Wagner isn't that interested in playing classic wingers. So without Sinani I wouldn't be shocked to see players like Nunez used in a wider attacking midfield role, or even Sara who I've heard mentioned played this sort of role in Brazil. 

I also wouldn't be surprised based on his comments if he didn't think a young player, perhaps Rowe coming back, offers as much as Sinani anyway.

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I still haven't given up on Placheta. Seen signs of a player in there (albeit in deep cover).

At Championship level, he should be a real threat given the pace he has, not sure he is much use with the ball though!

4 minutes ago, Satriales said:

At Championship level, he should be a real threat given the pace he has, not sure he is much use with the ball though!

I've seen him show some terrific ball skills. About twice. He makes Onel look cool, calm & collected. But there's something there; I wonder if Wagner could be the man to unlock it? Must be worth a try I'd have thought 😀

2 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I've seen him show some terrific ball skills. About twice. He makes Onel look cool, calm & collected. But there's something there; I wonder if Wagner could be the man to unlock it? Must be worth a try I'd have thought 😀

Absoltely, if Wagner can improve him then that would be a win, like a new signing almost.