Pyro Pete

Sinani leaving?

14 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

After doing well for Huddersfield last season, I hoped he might kick on here.

But it hasn't happened.

Blew hot and cold for Huddersfield. Dont think he's anywhere good enough to be a player for us.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

He has been a bit of an underwhelming signing in my opinion.

Now Cantwell has gone we may be a bit short of options if Dowell is injured.

He was always a very cheap punt that people put some high expectations on. It is easy to forget he was playing in an amateur league before he joined us and even Championship football was a massive step up vs his usual fare. The fact he's been able to contribute and we likely got a few quid in from his loan deals means it is basically a success both for him and us. 

• Like 13

53 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

After doing well for Huddersfield last season

On their forum at the end of the season none of them seem bothered about keeping hold of him, so I don't think he did all that well.

People just see the goals column, however he often played as a second striker for them rather than as a wide player, and well... second strikers are expected to chip in with goals aren't they? 7 goals a strong contribution from a winger, but he was played as a second striker as much as he was a wide player.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I hope if Sinani goes this means a new contract for Onel.

Yup, he's the best of a pretty poor bunch on the wing. So itd make sense to keep him, same as kenny for me really...as in we replace the worst first . 

I think we need to be slightly careful. Webber is on a rolling contract, Wagner a similarly short contract. If we don’t go up this season and then start preparing for a world post parachute payments giving away players like Sinani may be an error.

Yes Sinani is not a world beater or someone who currently looks capable of doing damage in Premier league. Though I always think it’s worth remembering that he’s had two seasons as a professional. One of which was during the worst of covid. So maybe there is more to come.

Cantwell, Hugill, Omotoye, Springett and arguably Tomkinson leaving doesn't massively affect our 'first choice' 20 or so playing squad. Very few minutes between them, albeit a little light on the backup backups.

Sinani would be the first player with any serious minutes to leave, to which I would expect at least a loan signing to cover the departures.

18 minutes ago, tricky974 said:

Makes sense to trim down the squad with the players that are surplus to requirements, save money and free up space.

The wages bill seems to be diminishing by the week, and that can't be a bad thing

Cantwell, Hugill, Hayden, Ramsey and now Sinani, (and perhaps a few youngsters.)

Did any of the above justify what they must have been getting, since we are said to have no cash.

Cantwell could have done, but we don't need to go into that.

Hugill's moments will never justify the total cost.

Hayden ended up a disaster through no fault of club or player, imo.

Ramsey, clearly a decent little player, but too much a Smith favourite, and occasionally used at the expense of others it seems.

Sinani, didn't do much for me, although a trier capable of the goal or two, but not complete enough to furnish a side chasing promotion to the PL and a million miles from PL standard in any case.

Economy seems to be the order of the day at last and if we do get any new boys in I trust Wagner's judgement that they will be the right fit, and perhaps Webber's to ensure the right package, although he's made too many ****-ups in the last two years to have sufficient faith this time around.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Hayden ended up a disaster through no fault of club or player, imo.

Ramsey, clearly a decent little player, but too much a Smith favourite, and occasionally used at the expense of others it seems.

Hayden is still here

I'm not sure what you mean about Ramsey either- he went back due to injury and I think he was used over others because he performed better. Of all of the players we're likely to move on this window he's the one I'm most disappointed about. 

• Like 1

Just now, king canary said:

Hayden is still here

I'm not sure what you mean about Ramsey either- he went back due to injury and I think he was used over others because he performed better. Of all of the players we're likely to move on this window he's the one I'm most disappointed about. 

I agree, I thought the other day it would be interesting to see Ramsey under Wagner as he was one of the few to look like a goal threat under Smith 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Shortage of wingers.. Lets sell the only ones we have!

Webber the genius at it again

We are allowed to bring players in you know, plus it looks like Rowe can’t be that far off. 

6 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

We are allowed to bring players in you know, plus it looks like Rowe can’t be that far off. 

Not after paying off Smith and bringing in Wagner we can't. Our bank account is closed. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not after paying off Smith and bringing in Wagner we can't. Our bank account is closed. 

No

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not even a loan or a free transfer? 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

On their forum at the end of the season none of them seem bothered about keeping hold of him, so I don't think he did all that well.

People just see the goals column, however he often played as a second striker for them rather than as a wide player, and well... second strikers are expected to chip in with goals aren't they? 7 goals a strong contribution from a winger, but he was played as a second striker as much as he was a wide player.

My reading of their comments was that if they got promoted he wouldn't have been good enough, but, if they didn't they would like to keep him but couldn't afford to...

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Shortage of wingers.. Lets sell the only ones we have!

Webber the genius at it again

Woah. Why this fixation on wingers? Wagner doesn't necessarily set his sides up with them, his wide players are usually the attacking full backs. There we have width aplenty at the club. Sure, wingers are nice to have, but not necessarily needed under Wagner. Better to have a creative attacking midfielder who can pass between the lines and set Pukki up! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Now Cantwell has gone we may be a bit short of options if Dowell is injured.

Cantwell hasn’t been an option all season. You can’t be short of an option you never had 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Cantwell hasn’t been an option all season. You can’t be short of an option you never had 😂

I was going to say that.

I suspect if Sinani leaves we'll be bringing in a wide player or attacking midfielder of some description, on loan at least?

We do have Placheta back and lets be honest he's no worse than Sinani, that's not saying much though.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1