Jump to content
cambridgeshire canary

Rowe- UK's next top bodybuilder?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

How exactly is someone overeating relevant to this?

Jesus Christ! When did you undergo your humour bypass? Hope you went private and didn't use up NHS resources. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Funny as that is, it does show what I'm talking about.  Horsefly can get all indignant about my original comment, but over building of muscle in an unchecked way can lead to that kind of ridiculous muscle bound condition where movement is so restricted.    

 

Hahahahaha! Yeah that looks exactly like Rowe doesn't it! How many times does it need to be mentioned that every single player at NCFC has their training and fitness schedule designed and monitored to the nth degree. The club have hardly been shy in posting videos showing the attention to detail they pursue in establishing peak fitness for the players. Perhaps you should look a few of them up, it might just calm your fears that the coaching staff and medical team lack your profound expertise on these issues.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Hahahahaha! Yeah that looks exactly like Rowe doesn't it! How many times does it need to be mentioned that every single player at NCFC has their training and fitness schedule designed and monitored to the nth degree. The club have hardly been shy in posting videos showing the attention to detail they pursue in establishing peak fitness for the players. Perhaps you should look a few of them up, it might just calm your fears that the coaching staff and medical team lack your profound expertise on these issues.

You've missed the point I've been trying to make so many times, it is getting boring. The original photo is showing men showing off and exagerating the size of their muscles. I'd have been far more impressed with a normal picture of his upper body just in a natural pose. And yes, taken too far, bodybuilding can be an issue....but I never said Rowe had taken it too far, I never said the club wouldn't have been monitoring him, but you insist on pushing that line. Why is that I wonder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

You've missed the point I've been trying to make so many times, it is getting boring. The original photo is showing men showing off and exagerating the size of their muscles. I'd have been far more impressed with a normal picture of his upper body just in a natural pose. And yes, taken too far, bodybuilding can be an issue....but I never said Rowe had taken it too far, I never said the club wouldn't have been monitoring him, but you insist on pushing that line. Why is that I wonder?

And you ignore the fact that I have repeated time and again that the entirety of your original response to Rowe's picture was this:

"Not impressed. For a footballer, too much muscle means less flexibility."

This literally can only be taken as a criticism of his body building. There is no other remotely plausible interpretation available for a sane user of the English language. You make no mention of vanity or any other of the guff you later used to try and dissemble from your original claim. What is bloody boring is that you don't show the humility simply to say you withdraw the criticism of that original post and just admit that your real problem is that you don't like players posting what you consider to be vain pictures. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, horsefly said:

And you ignore the fact that I have repeated time and again that the entirety of your original response to Rowe's picture was this:

"Not impressed. For a footballer, too much muscle means less flexibility."

This literally can only be taken as a criticism of his body building. There is no other remotely plausible interpretation available for a sane user of the English language. You make no mention of vanity or any other of the guff you later used to try and dissemble from your original claim. What is bloody boring is that you don't show the humility simply to say you withdraw the criticism of that original post and just admit that your real problem is that you don't like players posting what you consider to be vain pictures. 

Wow. Still at it. Up to you, it's a free country.......it's the last time I write a short post saying what I think and then having to spend ridiculous amounts of time explaining it. 

I could have written -

"I'm not impressed by people showing off, pushing up muscles in an exagerated way. Therefore displaying this photo doesn't impress me. Too much body building done wrongly can lead to imbalance in fitness requirements for football. That's not to say Rowe has been doing it badly, or the club failing to monitor him, but on it's own, building big muscles is nothing to show off about." 

But I didn't. I just wrote a quick post with an instant reaction to it.

I can only assume you're baiting me, just trying to keep me going in this. Enjoying your fun?

Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

it's the last time I write a short post saying what I think and then having to spend ridiculous amounts of time explaining it. 

How do you mean?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Wow. Still at it. Up to you, it's a free country.......it's the last time I write a short post saying what I think and then having to spend ridiculous amounts of time explaining it. 

I could have written -

"I'm not impressed by people showing off, pushing up muscles in an exagerated way. Therefore displaying this photo doesn't impress me. Too much body building done wrongly can lead to imbalance in fitness requirements for football. That's not to say Rowe has been doing it badly, or the club failing to monitor him, but on it's own, building big muscles is nothing to show off about." 

But I didn't. I just wrote a quick post with an instant reaction to it.

I can only assume you're baiting me, just trying to keep me going in this. Enjoying your fun?

Sad.

Exactly! YOU DIDN'T. Ffs! Are we all supposed to guess what you might say, but didn't, instead of responding to what you actually did say. Utterly ludicrous! Stop being so stubbornly idiotic. 

Edited by horsefly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Exactly! YOU DIDN'T. Ffs! Are we all supposed to guess what you might say, but didn't, instead of responding to what you actually did say. Utterly ludicrous! Stop being so stubbornly idiotic. 

But then people complain when my posts are too long........

#can't win either way

🙃

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

But then people complain when my posts are too long........

#can't win either way

🙃

 

Not against Horsefly you wont.... fully qualified nit picking  argument generator.  Reminds me of someone ....hmmm. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Not against Horsefly you wont.... fully qualified nit picking  argument generator.  Reminds me of someone ....hmmm. 

Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, horsefly said:
2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Not against Horsefly you wont.... fully qualified nit picking  argument generator. 

Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated.

So you enjoy being annoying. I get it now. I'll steer clear next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lake district canary said:

So you enjoy being annoying. I get it now. I'll steer clear next time.

FFS! Can't you just shut up like you promised 4 times. Or do you really want me to point out how moronic it is to claim that:

"Not impressed. For a footballer, too much muscle means less flexibility."

Should really have been understood to mean:

"I'm not impressed by people showing off, pushing up muscles in an exagerated way. Therefore displaying this photo doesn't impress me. Too much body building done wrongly can lead to imbalance in fitness requirements for football. That's not to say Rowe has been doing it badly, or the club failing to monitor him, but on it's own, building big muscles is nothing to show off about." 

Oops! I appear to have just pointed it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, horsefly said:

FFS! Can't you just shut up like you promised 4 times. Or do you really want me to point out how moronic it is to claim that:

"Not impressed. For a footballer, too much muscle means less flexibility."

Should really have been understood to mean:

"I'm not impressed by people showing off, pushing up muscles in an exagerated way. Therefore displaying this photo doesn't impress me. Too much body building done wrongly can lead to imbalance in fitness requirements for football. That's not to say Rowe has been doing it badly, or the club failing to monitor him, but on it's own, building big muscles is nothing to show off about." 

Oops! I appear to have just pointed it out.

Seems like you're the one that can't stop. I've tried discussing things reasonably with you, but it doesn't wash. Like I said, I'll know better another time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Where do they get the time?

I'm off work at the moment, recuparating from a small op. Have been enjoying the last week or so discussing football matters with people.....well some people, anyway. This thread was maybe one too many.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lake district canary said:

Seems like you're the one that can't stop. I've tried discussing things reasonably with you, but it doesn't wash. Like I said, I'll know better another time.

Hahahahahaha!!! Truly hilarious coming from the man who has promised it would be his last word four times but carried on trying to defend the indefensible with increasingly ludicrous excuses. Unintended irony at its very best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a tremendous effort by Horesfly and LCD to keep this thread going. Would both gentlemen please take a well deserved bow. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Hahahahahaha!!! Truly hilarious coming from the man who has promised it would be his last word four times but carried on trying to defend the indefensible with increasingly ludicrous excuses. Unintended irony at its very best.

 

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm off work at the moment, recuparating from a small op. Have been enjoying the last week or so discussing football matters with people.....well some people, anyway. This thread was maybe one too many.......

No offence guys but this is getting boring now. Just stop, or take it to DMs, get a room etc. Or shake hands and move on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Hahahahahaha!!! Truly hilarious coming from the man who has promised it would be his last word four times but carried on trying to defend the indefensible with increasingly ludicrous excuses. Unintended irony at its very best.

I'd maybe stop if you showed a bit more understanding, the lack of which I am now sure is totally intentional on your part.  I've been totally clear throughout this thread as to my thoughts, but you have just been beligerent thoughout. @wcorkcanary was right about you, but "nit picking" was a polite way of putting it.

Edited by lake district canary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What a tremendous effort by Horesfly and LCD to keep this thread going. Would both gentlemen please take a well deserved bow. 

I've given him the opportunity to be reasonable several times, at which point I would stop, but he just wants to continue the argument. So be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Where do they get the time?

To waffle on for countless pages, I haven’t got a clue! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What a tremendous effort by Horesfly and LCD to keep this thread going. Would both gentlemen please take a well deserved bow. 

Both gentleman should take a well deserved break from this forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...