cambridgeshire canary

Rowe- UK's next top bodybuilder?

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So have they signed for AEW or WWE?

Whats the tag team name?
Braids N Beef???

They going to be billed from Nor-which England like Saraya / Paige or Gorles-town like Kip Sabien???
Will Anthony O get a partner to face these boys?

Love it...

OH sh1t, football forum sorry, throught this was Wrastlin.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

They going to be billed from Nor-which England like Saraya / Paige or Gorles-town like Kip Sabien???

Get Jimmy Ocean in there, he can sell some Ice Creams on the side too! 🙂

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not impressed. For a footballer, too much muscle means less flexibility.

Maradona was not flexible then?

Surely the club docs and fitness coaches would have warned him if this was counter productive? Must admit when I saw pix of him after the preseason I wondered whether all this upper body weight contributed to his injuries…….

I am sure the club watch this sort of thing like a hawk. Let’s hope so and that he is back soon since he is potentially a terrific talent.

50 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Whats the tag team name?
Braids N Beef???

Love it...

Street profits are on their way with 'the smoke' as we speak 

• Haha 1

Always remember when Justin Fashanu was at school (c. 14 yo) was told to do no exercise at all for a few months as he was at risk of pulled muscles etc as he'd over-developed parts of his body.

I'm sure Rowe is being well advised but ...

I understand for someone under 23 it is a risk building too much muscle in some parts of your body, wait until you have definitely stopped growing. Never did Akinbiyi any harm waiting ... 😆

7 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Street profits are on their way with 'the smoke' as we speak 

One of those dudes drowned saving his child 😞  sad times

• Sad 1

Depends what sort of winger he wants to be. Onel has a large upper body. Adama Traore even more so.

Not a problem if that's the direction he wants to go in as a footballer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I understand for someone under 23 it is a risk building too much muscle in some parts of your body, wait until you have definitely stopped growing.

Genetics plays a big part too, don't forget.  From what I remember of him during the pre-season footage in Germany he was pretty big then, also. 

This isn't as though he's building on a base of being Mr Bean, either.  And if the club are happy, and this is keeping him mentally strong then all good, surely?

Edited by Google Bot

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Whats the tag team name?
Braids N Beef???

Love it...

You’re forgetting our very own wrestling hero-Grant Holt!

• Haha 1

I think it's worth noting that the pair of them are tensing as much as they can and have deliberately chosen the right lighting. I think a lot of footballers would look just as muscular if they tried, not that it's a bad thing for a winger to build such a physique with fast-twitch muscle fibres.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

That was cryme tyme, different tag team

FFS yeh sorry of course it was, sorry thats verging on awkward.  Met them once in South Carolina 😄

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Not impressed. For a footballer, too much muscle means less flexibility.

Is it definitely an either or?  

5 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Is it definitely an either or?  

There is a balance to be had somewhere, and extremely bulging biceps does not contribute greatly to a footballer's ideal bodyshape.  They need to be strong in the arms and shoulders, of course - and there is nothing wrong with strength training and building muscles - but there is no need to have such massive biceps and triceps as these pictures apparently show. For show, yes, for football, not in my opinion.

41 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

There is a balance to be had somewhere, and extremely bulging biceps does not contribute greatly to a footballer's ideal bodyshape.  They need to be strong in the arms and shoulders, of course - and there is nothing wrong with strength training and building muscles - but there is no need to have such massive biceps and triceps as these pictures apparently show. For show, yes, for football, not in my opinion.

I know what you, mean I wondered if there some actual facts or a well held belief, I was thinking about Adama Toare, and St Maximan, they are both bulky, athletic, and very good wingers.

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I always get the impression that very muscled players pick up more injuries than the likes of Messi or Iniesta, but I've no idea if this is true. Does anyone know if research has been done on this?

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

What an absolute nonsense. Being a fan of a football club doesn't give us the right to dictate what a person does with their body. There is no such thing as an ideal shape either. It's just not how it works. 

I think he looks great and all power to him for the work and effort that must have gone into getting into such shape, especially during a rehabilitation from a serious injury. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YellaYellowYella said:

What an absolute nonsense. Being a fan of a football club doesn't give us the right to dictate what a person does with their body. There is no such thing as an ideal shape either. It's just not how it works. 

I think he looks great and all power to him for the work and effort that must have gone into getting into such shape, especially during a rehabilitation from a serious injury. 

Who's dictating anything? I'm just giving a considered opinion - and getting the balance right in terms of body strength, flexibility and speed is important for any sportsman.  Maybe I'm being a bit harsh in terms of the fact he is injured and has been working hard to keep as fit as possible, which is creditable, but imo, once he's running around and fit, he will need to ease off the weight training.