Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BurwellCanary

Goodbye Fat Frank

Recommended Posts

According to William Hill 

 

Everton have reportedly made the decision to part ways with Frank Lampard... Who would be the best fit for the role? __________ #EFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only Webber had waited a couple of weeks...he could have got his man. 🤣

Apples

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be the end of his managerial career in terms of thinking he can just walk into any Prem job. 

Needs to restart lower down the leagues. 

He won't, of course. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I particularly enjoyed his quote about managers not being geniuses. While not universally so, It's definitely true in his case. Well done for identifying your own limitations there Frank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to wonder if he's just part of bigger problems at Everton.  Cause they've been abysmal considering the money spent out on players in recent seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

And some people were excited about him coming here. He'd have been worse than Dean Smith.

Exactly this. All the TNC lot could barely hide their elections when they thought we were about to sign him.

At the end of the day I dont think Lampard is that bad of a manager its just clear that the Prem is a step too far for him.

Who knew that him with his lack of managerial expertise and his personality being about the same as a wet slice of cheese might not have been the best fit for a club in crisis like Everton?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Petriix said:

I particularly enjoyed his quote about managers not being geniuses. While not universally so, It's definitely true in his case. Well done for identifying your own limitations there Frank. 

Hate to tell you this but Lampard has an IQ of over 160 which puts him in the top 0.1% of the population. Sadly it seems to have no effect on his ability to manage a football team. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Exactly this. All the TNC lot could barely hide their elections when they thought we were about to sign him.

At the end of the day I dont think Lampard is that bad of a manager its just clear that the Prem is a step too far for him.

Who knew that him with his lack of managerial expertise and his personality being about the same as a wet slice of cheese might not have been the best fit for a club in crisis like Everton?

It would only be a rigged election anyway.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Maybe they'll go and head hunt ol' Deano. His scintillating style of play should really get the Scousers excited. 

Maybe Birdyo will bu99er off and 'support' Deano there , and stop lecturing us..... im sure the scousers will listen. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Maybe Birdyo will bu99er off and 'support' Deano there , and stop lecturing us..... im sure the scousers will listen. 

Unfortunately, we aren't that lucky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

At the end of the day I dont think Lampard is that bad of a manager its just clear that the Prem is a step too far for him.

It's odd when you consider how well he done at Chelsea when they were hit with the transfer ban.  It does make you wonder if he's better in the lower leagues, because as soon as the money was available at Chelsea things turned for him, and Everton have spent a plenty too.

Not saying he would've worked here, but as we had an out of sorts Cantwell, no-one sure quite what to do with Billy - I dunno, Think he would've done better than Smith, put it that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Unfortunately, we aren't that lucky. 

Or him that brave.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Maybe they'll go and head hunt ol' Deano. His scintillating style of play should really get the Scousers excited. 

I'd be more concerned with Everton wanting to nab Webber, personally.  I'm not sure what kind of managerial structure they employ there but there seems to be some stupid decisions and no cohesiveness going on at the club - purely based on callers on five live etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Hate to tell you this but Lampard has an IQ of over 160 which puts him in the top 0.1% of the population. Sadly it seems to have no effect on his ability to manage a football team. 

as far as I'm concerned, a high IQ score is purely a reflection of being good at IQ tests. It is only important to people who score highly, so they can look down on the rest of us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

as far as I'm concerned, a high IQ score is purely a reflection of being good at IQ tests. It is only important to people who score highly, so they can look down on the rest of us.

Id expect Birdyo to have a high IQ . 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did well at Derby. And you can't blame him for jumping at the Chelsea job.

But, with the benefit of hindsight, he probably should have stayed in the Championship and built his reputation and experience.

You could probably say the same about Gerrard leaving Rangers for Villa.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

It's odd when you consider how well he done at Chelsea when they were hit with the transfer ban.  It does make you wonder if he's better in the lower leagues, because as soon as the money was available at Chelsea things turned for him, and Everton have spent a plenty too.

Not saying he would've worked here, but as we had an out of sorts Cantwell, no-one sure quite what to do with Billy - I dunno, Think he would've done better than Smith, put it that way.

Isn't this what the DoF model is all about though? Regardless of price tags of players, with the DoF model a lot of the responsibility for choosing the players is more tied up with analytics based on the strategic aims of the coach, isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Think he would've done better than Smith, put it that way.

Geoffrey Boycott 's mum would have done better than Dean Smith using a stick of rhubarb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Isn't this what the DoF model is all about though? Regardless of price tags of players, with the DoF model a lot of the responsibility for choosing the players is more tied up with analytics based on the strategic aims of the coach, isn't it?

Yeah, I just don't know how Everton are setup - but it seems a mess from that top down to me,

You have the owner doing his thing and throwing plenty of money into the pit, Kenwright is what now - chairman still?  Then they have a sporting director in the mix, and then you hear about the CEO lady, Denise, who's been getting flack recently.

As much as many of our supporters hate the grip Webber has, at least there is that single focus on who is pulling the strings.

Like I say, I don't know a great deal about Everton other than hearing it discussed on talksport and callers on five live so it could all be inaccurate information/hearsay -  But it seems that Lampard is just part of a far bigger problem to me.  A problem that someone with the ego of Webber would probably like to walk into and stake the claim of being "The man".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

as far as I'm concerned, a high IQ score is purely a reflection of being good at IQ tests. It is only important to people who score highly, so they can look down on the rest of us.

The only people who are "good" at IQ tests are those with a high IQ. It's not possible to get a "good" score, just an accurate one.

I would doubt that anyone with a high IQ would look down on someone with a lower score, unless of course they had some form of mental problem.

Evidence from the last 7 years in this country suggests that the problem is in fact quite the opposite in that people with a low IQ are actually more likely to sneer at those with a higher degree of intelligence. That was evident in the period leading up to the referendum when that problem was exploited very successfully by the Leave groups. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Id expect Birdyo to have a high IQ . 

 If you take someone with an average IQ and spend millions educating them you sometimes get a very dangerous result, Boris Johnson being the perfect example. There may of course be others..... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

the problem is in fact quite the opposite in that people with a low IQ are actually more likely to sneer at those with a higher degree of intelligence. That was evident in the period leading up to the referendum when that problem was exploited very successfully by the Leave groups. 

Take this **** to the off-topic areas you sad sap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

 If you take someone with an average IQ and spend millions educating them you sometimes get a very dangerous result, Boris Johnson being the perfect example. There may of course be others..... 

If you  take someone with a high IQ , and allow them to comment on subjects that  require common sense, you sometimes get a very dangerous result.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The only people who are "good" at IQ tests are those with a high IQ. It's not possible to get a "good" score, just an accurate one.

I would doubt that anyone with a high IQ would look down on someone with a lower score, unless of course they had some form of mental problem.

Evidence from the last 7 years in this country suggests that the problem is in fact quite the opposite in that people with a low IQ are actually more likely to sneer at those with a higher degree of intelligence. That was evident in the period leading up to the referendum when that problem was exploited very successfully by the Leave groups. 

There's some truth in that, but it's also true that the effect of meritocracy has been that the overlap in IQs between different social classes has shrunk over time, so we have got to a point where your C2DEs and your ABC1s are largely separated on intelligence, so your class divide has simply been replaced by an intellectual divide, hence snobbery is now less about wealth and more about intellect. You saw this completely in the Brexit referendum where remain largely lost the audience for remain supporters sneering at the prevalence of poor literacy among Brexit supporters online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

If you  take someone with a high IQ , and allow them to comment on subjects that  require common sense, you sometimes get a very dangerous result.

Not the place but lots of 'different' types of IQ. Its not a one size fits all. Good at some things, bad at others i.e. spatial.

As to Frank - is that before or after he headed the ball ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...