Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Harder Cuthbert

Good grief, I've looked at the origins of this, a match against West Ham and see it has caused a backlash. The Sun originally reported it and caused upset with women's groups. But it is genuinely funny......on a par with "The batman's Holding the bowler's Willie" from cricket a few years ago. Just funny, not s€xist or any other "ist".  

Would it be as funny if the names were male footballers names, probably not, but so what? It may not be PC in some quarters, but that doesn't take away from the fact that is genuinely funny. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Good grief, I've looked at the origins of this, a match against West Ham and see it has caused a backlash. The Sun originally reported it and caused upset with women's groups. But it is genuinely funny......on a par with "The batman's Holding the bowler's Willie" from cricket a few years ago. Just funny, not s€xist or any other "ist".  

Would it be as funny if the names were male footballers names, probably not, but so what? It may not be PC in some quarters, but that doesn't take away from the fact that is genuinely funny. 

Well said. Funny is funny, it really is that simple. We should be able to laugh at everything. In fact it's about all we have at the moment! 

PS Dean Smith wasn't funny 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

It's funny because of the names and the order, whether it was a woman's match or a men's match it would be funny either way. It isn't sexist whatsoever.

We're going to follow this week's Chelsea game hoping for Harder to, er, score again aren't we?

Edited by FenwayFrank

If we aren't allowed to laugh at this, we may as well all just go and sit in silence in caves, scared to open our mouths or communicate in any way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I had a look too, in all honesty, it'd have been funnier if that was the actual order in which the goals were scored... seems a bit meh now that I know they weren't. 

38 minutes ago, chicken said:

I had a look too, in all honesty, it'd have been funnier if that was the actual order in which the goals were scored... seems a bit meh now that I know they weren't. 

Now you have gone and spoilt it............although at least the Chelsea goals were scored in the order stated.........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Indeed, it’s just all too much does my head in, it’s funny and should be seen as such! Humour is subjective and this isn’t offensive language.

PS I don’t want be pedantic but Batman wasn’t playing! 😂😉👍 it was the batsman’s.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Despite the cheers after, you know some in the audience still didn't get the joke! 😀

BTW, PJ is a brilliant artist!

She can't get her usual power singing such low notes which makes it a bit difficult to hear the lyrics. Utterly filthy though. I love it!😜

18 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Better than the prank someone pulled on Lineker live on telly, because this was not a prank and every time something naturally happens like this it makes me chuckle 🤣