Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Gabriel Sara

Thought that was probably his best game so far for us today.

Excellent on the ball, fantastic work rate and now getting to grips with the physicality of the English game. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Excellent on the ball, fantastic work rate and now getting to grips with the physicality of the English game. 

I concur. Been a bit hit and miss at times but starting to look the real deal (fingers crossed). Needs to work on his shooting mind.

OTBC

Gorgeous pass with the outside of the boot to put pukki in on the third. 

Get the feeling Smith was trying to overcomplicate and overcoach

MOTM for me. Just needs to take more care when shooting. Probably the weakest area of his game.

Glimpses that Nunez is coming good too.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Canario said:

Gorgeous pass with the outside of the boot to put pukki in on the third. 

Get the feeling Smith was trying to overcomplicate and overcoach

Yes, that pass was Buendia-esque. 🙂

Smith was playing him on the right hand side of the diamond midfield for the last few games which always had a square peg in a round hole look to it. 

Good game today, excellent work rate.

Thinking that as a Brazilian, he should be all attacking and flair but maybe he’s better suited to a deeper midfield role?

Was at the game and very impressed with him today.

was one point where Krul mad a mess of a kick (were far too many if them) and Sara had a right go at him. I thought that was great as demonstrated an increased level of confidence of his position in the team.

He has got better and better all season. Obviously takes a while to get used to the pace and physicality of this league. 

He was very vocal and was everywhere demanding the ball, but can I just say Sargent what a fantastic performance, his link up and passing today was superb, his energy levels are just daft, he doesn’t stop running till he’s taken off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

MOTM for me. Just needs to take more care when shooting. Probably the weakest area of his game.

Glimpses that Nunez is coming good too.

Exactly this. When he's at his best his passing can be sublime.. But anytime he got near the box I was just praying he would not shoot as it was clear it would not be on target

Yes. It's obviously helped him having passing options from the rest of the teams movement also being so much better.

But equally his own positioning has been so much better, him and McLean have a really good understanding of creating angles for one another to progress the ball too - subtle I guess but compared to previous games incredibly obvious!

He was improving under Smith too to be fair, but he looks much better being genuinely central.

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Agree, don’t know how he didn’t get the man of the match 

Wagner certainly seems able to get the best out of the players Sara looked up for it. All too often he's looked rather lost. Hernandez has been re-born.  I stated that he was a one trick pony, no end product. No now. Dowell previously hiding in the shadows , looks like we have a new 'wonder' signing. Took his goal well. Again today we were sharper and quicker on the ball (soccerbot ?). We've now a fortnight 'off'. Wonder if the squad will go abroad to some trainng camp.  Best thing going out of the cup. This fortnight is priceless as far as working with the players.