cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread skyblues v canaries*

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Gianoullis losing the ball multiple times at the worst times, just as we've progressed shape for attack.

In the attacking third we look a completely different animal

As is McLean, but people get a bit funny if you highlight that.

• Like 4

Christ on a bike, what have I just been watching? Looked like we were were going to get double figures, then it all went rat sh!t.

Krul is giving me the runs. I'm not saying it's all down to him, but knowing tour keeper's going to gift a goal at any moment can't help your confidence a lot.

I enjoyed that. Agree about the poor defending and giving the ball away in dangerous areas. Sloppy at the back but exciting on the attack.

Got to give credit to Coventry for their high press.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Christ on a bike, what have I just been watching? Looked like we were were going to get double figures, then it all went rat sh!t.

Krul is giving me the runs. I'm not saying it's all down to him, but knowing tour keeper's going to gift a goal at any moment can't help your confidence a lot.

I know he had the sun in his eyes but he's really proving why he should be a backup and not a starter. Yes he has a geat persoality and and hes a good leader on and off the pitch but just never feel confident with him in goal anymore. He's clealy past his best.

How-to-Properly-Guide-a-Visually-Impaire

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

Wagner's one misstep for me, dropping Gunn.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Too much going on to type. 

Hope DF can sort out our passion for giving the ball away in our own half at half time. That may involve replacing Dimi who is having a mare.

But as an entertaining, attacking side, then this is what we have been waiting for. Worth the Sky rental to see that start.

I think as far as DF sorting out our passion for giving the ball away that ship has sailed ( wink )

I'm gonna chalk the poorer aspects of that performance down to us struggling with the low winter sun. Pretty much every mistake occurred in the sunlit areas of the pitch and for me it's no co-incidence that Coventry kept hitting us with high floated balls into our box. I expect to see an improvement defensively and playing out from the back in the second half. Attacking wise though we were fantastic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Wagner's one misstep for me, dropping Gunn.

Agreed. Krul is not good enough with the ball at his feet for me. I still have a lot of time for Krul, good leader, nice guy, been brilliant for us, but unfortunately, I think Gunn is better. I'm not sure why Wagner prefers Krul.

• Like 1

Giannopoulis proves how poor a defender he is, perhaps another scapegoat

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'm gonna chalk the poorer aspects of that performance down to us struggling with the low winter sun. Pretty much every mistake occurred in the sunlit areas of the pitch and for me it's no co-incidence that Coventry kept hitting us with high floated balls into our box. I expect to see an improvement defensively and playing out from the back in the second half. Attacking wise though we were fantastic. 

Let's pray that now we are at the other end we seem the same sun blinding coventrys keeper and defenders..

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Let's pray that now we are at the other end we seem the same sun blinding coventrys keeper and defenders..

No, they move the sun round at half time.

• Haha 3

Tbf, if Preston had scored one of their two chances after HT, the scoreline and pattern of play would have been similar. 

Got to work our socks off this half and counter well.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

By the looks of the pitch right now I'd say we'll have 10 mins tops to take advantage of it, the shade has already crept into the penalty box

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Wagner's defensive notes:

- Giannoulis can't defend.

- Krul can't kick.

- McLean isn't a defensive midfielder.

Indeed Pyro. There was a reason we got Hayden in the summer; a few seemed to forget that after the Preston game.

Not Kenny's fault mind; it's not his natural position. He'll always give 100%.

OTBC

3 minutes ago, pete said:

Giannopoulis proves how poor a defender he is, perhaps another scapegoat

like Norwich though. The first 15 minutes were probably the best I'd see from Giannoulis this season. His darting runs were epic so let's not jump on him too quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Satriales said:

Pleased we are winning, but feeling a bit underwhelmed given we were 3 up in 20 minutes.

Any result possible. If we aren't better this could drift away.

A up dull scoreless 2nd half will do to get our top 26 ambition.  Sam Mc replaces Dimi

Saxon left Earley felt he couldn't get in ahead of Dimi or Sam.  He really could we'll never know now.

It’s just so great to see Pukki enjoying football again. Anyone considering signing Dean Smith as a manager should have a word with Teemu before they consider it.

4 minutes ago, pete said:

A up dull scoreless 2nd half will do to get our top 26 ambition.  Sam Mc replaces Dimi

Are we allowed dull periods again now we've had a managerial change?