Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Drum Back Tomorrow

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Apparently the main player is on holiday, anyone on here who can belt out a good tune? 

It was a previous game he was on holiday for. They tweeted to confirm the drum will be in attendance tomorrow.

• Like 1

Should be a great atmosphere with 2700 fans attending, if the team play well it will be a fantastic day out for everyone.

11 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

I’ve only just realised it’s on Sky - why is this info not on the Pinkun App fixtures page - I’m sure it used to be !

It did, but for some bizarre reason the Pink’un fixture list no longer includes that information.

1 hour ago, bringbackchippy said:

PLEASE NO, its more embarrassing than singing OTBC 20 times a match!

Yes, I agree.

I don't think it adds anything other than nuisance value.

Each to their own but to me its just trying to manufacture an atmosphere and when the game is dull it seems a bit pathetic.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yes, I agree.

I don't think it adds anything other than nuisance value.

Each to their own but to me its just trying to manufacture an atmosphere and when the game is dull it seems a bit pathetic.

It's not just about the drum though. That City Elite group sing pretty much the entire game. Its not for everyone, myself included, but I do think it helps the atmosphere. Pretty sure it gives the players a boost.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deptford Yellow said:

I’ve only just realised it’s on Sky - why is this info not on the Pinkun App fixtures page - I’m sure it used to be !

Sign up to Capital Canaries. They always send out reminder emails when TV games are on as they show them in the Red Lion

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

It's not just about the drum though. That City Elite group sing pretty much the entire game. Its not for everyone, myself included, but I do think it helps the atmosphere. Pretty sure it gives the players a boost.

Its a hard one. I am not a drum fan but it was actually pretty decent at the Reading game in regard to the guy hitting it can obviously hold a rhythem... although there was a different feeling / rhythm to the songs that game. 
It felt forced and very manufactured. Like, just indulgent noise making for the sake of it like false atmosphere. Like @ricardosaid in  dull game its quite pathetic and a bit cringe. 

City Elite seems more like a y00t beer drinking club/ hark back to the old firms  to me than any form of movement to build atmosphere. For me that side of football is better off in the 1980's. I dunno ive never been a fan of that side of "football culture"

• Like 1

Whether you're in favour of the drum or it drives you to distraction, the one thing we can probably all agree on is that it's devisive. Because it's devisive it should be stopped. I really can't see the point of annoying a proportion of the supporters for little or no benefit. 

I'll probably put up with it but a couple of people who sit near me have already decided to cancel their season tickets. Is it really worth it? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Satriales said:

COME ON LADS! MAYBE IF WE SCORE THEY'LL STOP BANGING THAT ******* THING!

13 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Its a hard one. I am not a drum fan but it was actually pretty decent at the Reading game in regard to the guy hitting it can obviously hold a rhythem... although there was a different feeling / rhythm to the songs that game. 
It felt forced and very manufactured. Like, just indulgent noise making for the sake of it like false atmosphere. Like @ricardosaid in  dull game its quite pathetic and a bit cringe. 

City Elite seems more like a y00t beer drinking club/ hark back to the old firms  to me than any form of movement to build atmosphere. For me that side of football is better off in the 1980's. I dunno ive never been a fan of that side of "football culture"

I looked at the ‘city elite ‘ twitter and it seems a bit odd that their pinned post is from some hardcore firm in blue and white, marching like an orange boys procession in Ulster.

At least make it obvious you’re Norwich fans lads …

16 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Screenshot_20230121_111649_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d6cfec8c82952f30a8595933e281d70c.jpg

Wasn't that the game where the club installed that bloke onto a podium next to the Barclay, quite bizarre. They saw sense after that and allowed City Elite into the Barclay.

58 minutes ago, CardiffCanary said:

I looked at the ‘city elite ‘ twitter and it seems a bit odd that their pinned post is from some hardcore firm in blue and white, marching like an orange boys procession in Ulster.

At least make it obvious you’re Norwich fans lads …

Exactly, yoot beer drinking club. 

Lol blue and white as well..... The irony 

Update: having actually looked at said thread it seems they have been utterly rinsed by Binners. Pretty humiliating honestly. 😕 

Edited by Nexus_Canary