Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Pukki offered new contract last summer

43 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Just as a reference point, Danny Ings (age 30) has moved to West Ham for an initial £12million.

This is why it's a shame we couldnt get him to sign a contract extension last year. 

If he wasnt available for free this summer I think we could have got a tidy sum for him in this window from a desperate club like West Ham or Everton. I'd have been sad to see him go but probably would've risked cashing in on him with the expectation Sargent would do enough to get us a play off place.

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

This is why it's a shame we couldnt get him to sign a contract extension last year. 

If he wasnt available for free this summer I think we could have got a tidy sum for him in this window from a desperate club like West Ham or Everton. I'd have been sad to see him go but probably would've risked cashing in on him with the expectation Sargent would do enough to get us a play off place.

While this is true, this is exactly why he wouldn't agree a contract extension.  We can't complain that he wanted to keep his options open so he has scope to move at the end of the season with no transfer fee if he wants, he's been amazing for us and at his age I wouldn't begrudge that at all.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2023 at 17:46, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seems what I predicted may be true

We get promoted he stays. We don't he goes.

I suspect Teemu could be convinced to stay, Prem or not, but is keen to see if the planks who’ve overseen recruitment in recent seasons are relieved of their recruitment responsibilities, so that we’re competitive. 

I dont think anyone could blame him. The leadership has been a farce until last weekend.

Presume he will basically assess his other options and if nothing better comes up like champs league in a smaller top flight or something (like PSV, Genk etc.) then he’ll sign up again. Would be nice if he could sign off next season with a Norwich side that actually survives in the prem but hugely wishful thinking.