Sign in to follow this  
jaberry2

Norwich Parking

Hi all. I was hoping to draw down on all your local knowledge as ive just moved to Norfolk finally. To keep the mrs happy will be going to Norwich Saturday to take her shopping (yes im whipped). Any suggestions on parking as will take the dog and Norwich looks a bit of a nigthmare on the parking front, so any suggestions welcome. Thanks

If you are happy to pay a bit, the car park up by Travelodge on Queen Street is handy. Normally a few spaces and right on the edge of the shopping area.

How strict are they at Morrisons by the stadium?

• Like 1

Just now, Herman said:

If you are happy to pay a bit, the car park up by Travelodge on Queen Street is handy. Normally a few spaces and right on the edge of the shopping area.

You get two, maybe two and a half hours, for free. The same across the roads in the shop car parks I believe.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

If you don't mind a 15/20 minute walk there are plenty of residential streets that our outside of parking controls.

Any streets you can recommend?

8 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Just in case you don’t know the malls don’t allow dogs

Thanks, yes i tried that last time and realised pretty quickly I had to leave.

14 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Just in case you don’t know the malls don’t allow dogs

Last time I was up there they didn't seem to like shops either, sadly.

• Haha 2

Want to check out the Danomey kitchen, food looks good. I will just stroll round with the dog whilst the mrs canes my credit card in Zara.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Any streets you can recommend?

If you're coming in from the east then Wolfe Road is a 20 minute stroll, though the quickest way is via Gas Hill, so you're OK on the way in but not on the way back, though you've got the Red Lion on Bishopgate to fuel up before you climb. I haven't done it for years so they may have permitted them, but West Norwich you could park on the roads off Earlham Road; Caernarvon, Wellington and Recreation a bit further back. Another 20 minute stroll.

Or for a car park, like Herman said you get 2 hours free in Riverside retail park (not the multi-storey) or just of the inner ring road west of the city centre you can park for 2 hours free in the old Toys R Us. But if you're shopping and eating, 2 hours might be pushing it.

• Like 1

If I were you I'd get myself on Britannia road near the old prison, great view over the city with Cathedral for orientation and somewhere nearby to let the dog stretch its legs on mousehold heath. Bit of a boy racer thing going on there after dark but never given me any problems.

If you wanted to park actually in the city, St. Helen's wharf pay and display has the Adam and Eve pub and a nice walk along the river for the dog.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the recommendations. St Helens sounds a good bet. Thanks Thumb

Edited by jaberry2

5 hours ago, Herman said:

Stay a minute over at Morrisons you get a ticket as it is camera operated.

You do get longer there however on non match days, I think it’s 90 minutes on match days.

• Thanks 1

I think you can park on the Aviva staff carpark on a Saturday for £2.

Entrance is on Kings Lane off Queens Rd. Only 5-10 mins walk to city centre.