Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Chelsea contracts

Just signed Mudryk for £62 million on an EIGHT AND HALF YEAR contract., probably on at least £150,000 a week, that’s about £66 million.( I think ), no wonder Delia can’t compete.

Given Chelsea are aiming to try and be a top three if not a top two club in England so obviously I don't think that we have ever tried competing with them so bit of a wierd one to try and use to beat Delia with. I do get where you are coming from with silly wages and silly money and all though

Raid the Chelsea youth ... They will never play... Hmmm.. did not go that great last time... But I'm sure some more gold can be found .... 

7 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Raid the Chelsea youth ... They will never play... Hmmm.. did not go that great last time... But I'm sure some more gold can be found .... 

That’s Brentford’s model (or part of) - that’s why they ditched their academy.

We have such a good history of youth development. I really hope Wagner can bring more through... Or bring them in to progress them. 

We missed a trick with Air Rons to Barca. Those moves are key to helping us grow on so many levels. So let's find more gold and sell high....

6 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

We have such a good history of youth development. I really hope Wagner can bring more through... Or bring them in to progress them. 

We missed a trick with Air Rons to Barca. Those moves are key to helping us grow on so many levels. So let's find more gold and sell high....

No we didn't!!

Barca only wanted to loan him and didn't want to pay a transfer fee for him - cheeky barstewards. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

was listening to the radio earlier and they said the length of contract was to do with FFP and amortisation of assets

It's exactly this, Chelsea are signing this lad for 100million, so on a 4 year deal that's a 25 million "asset" in this seasons figured, on an 8 year one he's only a 12.5 million asset. Simon Jordan explained this on TalkSport a few months ago,  was an interesting listen.

The trouble they will have is by having many contracts such as this, in a few seasons time it may limit the sigings they should make then, if the player(s) haven't been sold on.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

It's exactly this, Chelsea are signing this lad for 100million, so on a 4 year deal that's a 25 million "asset" in this seasons figured, on an 8 year one he's only a 12.5 million asset. Simon Jordan explained this on TalkSport a few months ago,  was an interesting listen.

The trouble they will have is by having many contracts such as this, in a few seasons time it may limit the sigings they should make then, if the player(s) haven't been sold on.

What if he is rubbish or what if he is brilliant? Is he an asset or liability? Football is nuts. Spend a stupid amount of money on a footballer as if money doesn't matter then talk in terms of writing of that silly money by the length of the contract.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

What if he is rubbish or what if he is brilliant? Is he an asset or liability? Football is nuts. Spend a stupid amount of money on a footballer as if money doesn't matter then talk in terms of writing of that silly money by the length of the contract.

Totally agree,  got to say I've never heard of him (despite all my years on FM 🤣), it seems he's not done much bar a good season in Ukraine, and without being harsh that league was hardly competitive as it was before many players left the league due to the war.

Edited by Ken Hairy

50 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Just signed Mudryk for £62 million on an EIGHT AND HALF YEAR contract., probably on at least £150,000 a week, that’s about £66 million.( I think ), no wonder Delia can’t compete.

Its actually potentially a stroke of genius if he ends up good. 

With the rate of inflation £150k will be about £75k in today terms by the end of his contract. 

So by giving him one super long contract he's getting a pay cut every year, instead of being held to ransom for a pay increase every 3 years.

4 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Is it a bad time to point out that quite a lot of you that are desperate to be right about about Kenny McLean were very, very wrong about Dean Smith for a long, long time.

(for reference I’ve always said Kenny being in the team is fine but lack of competition in his position is a metaphor for our poor transfer policy and general management. Standards should be higher and we should aim to add competition/force players to improve/look to replace players with better talent and this has not happened with Kenny and the position he plays which has lead to the “why always Kenny” attitude)

When you've been waiting over half a season for a player to finally have a decent game , to be proved 'right' , it must be a very exciting moment

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

When you've been waiting over half a season for a player to finally have a decent game , to be proved 'right' , it must be a very exciting moment

Some of them still want to give Dean Smith 5 more games just to be sure

• Haha 3

Didn’t Chelsea have that Dutch player on a long contract who was frozen out by a new manager and for years he commuted daily from Holland to just do laps around the training ground for £40k per week or something?

52 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Didn’t Chelsea have that Dutch player on a long contract who was frozen out by a new manager and for years he commuted daily from Holland to just do laps around the training ground for £40k per week or something?

Winston Bogarde 

Yup I just double checked on wiki.

4 year contract 9 appearances.

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1

Funnily Shakhtar Donetsk accepted an offer of about £20m last year for Mudryk from Brentford but the player decided to hold out for a Champions League club. Oh well, can’t get them all!

17 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

No we didn't!!

Barca only wanted to loan him and didn't want to pay a transfer fee for him - cheeky barstewards. 

Yes, we did. Imagine the re-sale value of a player that Barca had on loan from us! 

Man united come calling? Extra 15mil on the price tag. 

£62 million minimum fee, 8.5 years contract, for scoring 12 goals in 37 games for Shaktar across two seasons. It’s absurd that just a solitary good season at a foreign club in a league much closer to the championship than the prem can command such a ridiculous fee / contract.

Chelsea have no assurances about how he will adapt to the PL, life in England, if he can maintain his short period of good form or if it was just a purple patch in his career. And with 8.5 years to drag everything out it seems almost certain that at some point during the contract this will look like bad business. He’s going to be 30 by the times it’s over. 

I understand the FFP get around but I could never get behind the idea of my club selling out future finances for short term gains. It’s not quite Barca levels but if it becomes a transfer policy theme then there will come a time in the future where everything catches back up with them. Where they have several players sitting on 4-6 year contracts eating into their wage bill, not featuring in the team and not willing to take a pay cut to get first team football elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Shaktar have announced  that they will donate around 23 million euros of Mudryks transfer fee to Ukraine war effort. 

Will they give a lump sum or portions  of the transfer fee as it  comes in? 

Edited by wcorkcanary

Potter has little or no input into transfers. This morning's radio interview suggests he was taken by surprise by Mudryk coming in. 

Chelsea have quite a few bits of deadwood to replace to get anywhere near the levels of Man City, Arsenal and Man Utd, so expect plenty of activity.