Petriix

Who still thinks these players aren't good enough?

33 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s far from our most stellar squad ever, and there’s plenty of squad related clouds on the horizon with contracts and whatnot, but Dean Smith is the worst Norwich manager in living memory. Absolutely horrendous. It’s showed very much today.

He was 100% the wrong appointment by Stew. Never a good fit for us. I daresay very few managers fit Norwich City, and Wagner fits. 

Give Deano a break, then wish him well at a Rotherham, Stoke, etc. He'll pick himself up from there, he may not be the best coach in the world but not the worst either, and do well at a club with a project that suits him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

What was the formation in the end today? I couldn't work it out from the team sheet.

I was there and couldn’t work it out, seemed quite fluid. I know Krul was in goal 🙂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You know I agree Mengo. I don't see the negative performances others do. He is improving but was never that bad. Him and Nunez have both done well considering the difference if intensity they found in the Championship.

Wagner will give him and Kenny more responsibility and they will thrive on that. For sure Nunez will look like his old self soon as well . Again I know its early but you can feel the players believe again. Its been so sad to see. 

Edited by Mengo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrD66M said:

He was 100% the wrong appointment by Stew. Never a good fit for us. I daresay very few managers fit Norwich City, and Wagner fits. 

Give Deano a break, then wish him well at a Rotherham, Stoke, etc. He'll pick himself up from there, he may not be the best coach in the world but not the worst either, and do well at a club with a project that suits him.

I thought the ‘Deano is a cūnt’ chant was pretty pathetic.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Seems to me that Wagner is quite an astute observer. Kieran always has had a bit of real quality about him. But I like reading comments like this from a manager. Shows (or hints strongly) how he will get that extra 10% to 20% from each player.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Seems to me that Wagner is quite an astute observer. Kieran always has had a bit of real quality about him. But I like reading comments like this from a manager. Shows (or hints strongly) how he will get that extra 10% to 20% from each player.

This is the kind of statement I want a Norwich city manager making.

first no mug, now this

I'm impressed 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

to answer more seriously, this group of players should be good enough to finish in the top six of this league this season. They clearly weren't going to under Smith, which was why his sacking was correct. Hopefully this isn't just new manager bounce and the tune that Wagner clearly got out of them today can last as long as his namesake's.

Götterdämmerung instead of Gottawatchthiscrap

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Haha 3

Just now, The Real Buh said:

first no mug, now this

I'm impressed 

Yep agree. Judging by Onel's improvement and very much you can see it in Max then it appears he is having an effect. Kenny McLean was also very assured today and Wagner has recently praised him.

He also made sure he pushed young Gibbs at the end to acknowledge the fans. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I thought the ‘Deano is a cūnt’ chant was pretty pathetic.

Whoever said that should be banned from the club.

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Yep agree. Judging by Onel's improvement and very much you can see it in Max then it appears he is having an effect. Kenny McLean was also very assured today and Wagner has recently praised him.

McLean did a great job early on covering so Max could bomb forward.

watching max unchained again was very nice!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrD66M said:

Whoever said that should be banned from the club.

Probably the same group of kids, who claim to be the ultras, that were insulting supporters supporting the club at Luton.

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

first no mug, now this

I'm impressed 

For me it’s the fact he’s not afraid to wear the entire club shop most notably the baseball cap. 

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

For me it’s the fact he’s not afraid to wear the entire club shop most notably the baseball cap. 

As long as he doesn’t wear a sweater like Deano that’s fine by me. 

Who wears a sweater? Come on now.

• Haha 1

Imagine if Wagner can polish a turd as well, we really could be on to something. The squad is nowhere near Premier League quality we all know that, but maybe we have a coach who can make them greater than the sum of their parts. The previous coach certainly couldn't.

12 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Probably the same group of kids, who claim to be the ultras, that were insulting supporters supporting the club at Luton.

Didn’t look like kids, thankfully not many joined in.

36 minutes ago, sonyc said:

If Onel had a football brain, he'd be a £40 Million winger.

Love his passion and athleticism 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Agree with all of this. He has always been a crowd favourite. Plays with all his heart and always has a smile on him. He frustrated me even under Farke but then he could produce the unexpected. I had come to be a bit bored of the super sub label he got (though understood why folk thought this was his best role) and wished he might get more starts. He is a real confidence player (I believe) - like I guess all players are - but even more with Onel.

He not only has skill to turn players but has a huge strength too. Watching the short programme about Argos last night and I almost expected him to show up in it ☺️ ...

Also impressed with our other starting South American. I felt Sara had a strong game and never gave up. I've started to see why we bought him. More to come I think.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

One of the first things Wagner did when he got here was to restore double training sessions (Which Smith had ended for reasons unknown..) and checked in on the injured players to see how they were doing and joked about getting them back on the grass soon as possible.

Fair to say Wagner is keen to try and stamp out our low energy/Lazy attitude I did feel some of our players were displaying..

• Like 2

Onel is a player who at Carrow Road lifts the whole stadium when he plays. In fact if we're not playing well he only has to warm up to lift the crowd. The connoisseurs are critical but he'll do for me.🙃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s far from our most stellar squad ever, and there’s plenty of squad related clouds on the horizon with contracts and whatnot, but Dean Smith is the worst Norwich manager in living memory. Absolutely horrendous. It’s showed very much today.

I think it's between him and Bryan Hamilton.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Imagine if our summer signings actually turned out to be quality? Sara really does have the physical attributes and decent vision - he could be a big big player if he continues to progress.

I suspect both longer term (possibly one or both by end of season) will prove to be worth the investment from what we have seen, but it’s really hard to change country, let alone continent, and hit the ground running in your first season.

Sara seems to have took a bit of time but is already showing some real quality, Nunez has faded since early promise but I’m confident he’ll get there personally from glimpses of brilliance.

I feel much more confident about our ability to pick out young players with promise and progress them than injured/out of form experienced ones.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 2

It's two games, each with 22 shots - still not enough on target, but today the ones that were went in. But it was against a Blackburn side that got roasted today by Rotherham and an abject Preston team. I'm still not sure about our quality, but there isn't much around to keep us out of the top 6. Massive improvement though.

1 hour ago, CDMullins said:

Or if he could be better finisher. He is so good in cutting in the middle and getting his foot open. Just bit of quality there and he would be scoring some big goals