Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Angus Gunn no longer number one- Huge call from Wagner

Unless the boy Gun is carrying some sort of injury, I think this is a crazy call from Wagner. A Gunn has done little if anything to warrant demotion. 

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

Unless the boy Gun is carrying some sort of injury

I did wonder about this but Angus is on the bench. I guess it might be a 'he could play if he absolutely had to' situation

I don’t see why this is a contentious issue. We can still bring Angus on if we need fresh legs late on. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Didn’t take long for the pitchforks to come out did it ?

Hardly pitchforks questioning why one of our better, consistent performers this season has been dropped without any apparent reason.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

eane.jpg

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Hardly pitchforks questioning why one of our better, consistent performers this season has been dropped without any apparent reason.

Really ?

• Like 1

Really ?

Yes really if you choose to use cambridge as a benchmark for the general view of fans on here.

Gunn can play outfield as well. Good call to have him on the bench. Creative thinking to get an extra player.

In Wagner we trust 😎

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yes really if you choose to use cambridge as a benchmark for the general view of fans on here.

Oh I see, your point is based purely on a selection of posts that you choose...

• Like 1

Oh I see, your point is based purely on a selection of posts that you choose...

Your point was based purely on the one post from our resident self appointed comedian.

Edited by TIL 1010

I'm glad to see Krul back - we need to try something different, our form since Gunn has been in the team has been dreadful, so time to get some experience between the sticks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Your point was based purerly on the one post from our resident self appointed comedian.

I only had to quote one post to make your point invalid 😉😜😁

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

I only had to quote one post to make your point invalid 😉😜😁

Maybe you could make a list of those brandishing the pitchforks apart from a poor attempt at humour which obviously passed you by from cambridge?

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Maybe you could make a list of those brandishing the pitchforks apart from a poor attempt at humour which obviously passed you by from cambridge?

Oh I see, now , on cambridges behalf, you’re saying it’s a joke and he doesn’t mean it...

Playing Wagner style football, you can’t just boot the ball down the pitch. No surprise to me, but Krul will need to play well to keep his place.

Oh I see, now , on cambridges behalf, you’re saying it’s a joke and he doesn’t mean it...

Well IF he did mean it that makes one pitchfork and you said pitchforks plural.

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Playing Wagner style football, you can’t just boot the ball down the pitch. No surprise to me, but Krul will need to play well to keep his place.

Gunn is better with his feet than Krul IMO.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well IF he did mean it that makes one pitchfork and you said pitchforks plural.

30 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Unless the boy Gun is carrying some sort of injury, I think this is a crazy call from Wagner. A Gunn has done little if anything to warrant demotion. 

Yeah, you’re dead right 

46 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Gunn is better with his feet than Krul IMO.

Look at that without green tinted glasses, our defence and midfield don’t go back to him in tight situations. Krul also organises and leads, something required in our current situation.

Gunn will get his chance again sooner or later, but no surprise to me at the moment.

Edited by Well b back
  • Like 1

Krul much better keeper in my opinion, Gunn does that stupid thing where he falls down instead of making a save, and just doesn't command as Krul does - there's a **** ton of experience there.   

Gunn has looked much better this season getting a run of games, however.

And that's more the problem for me, Gunn needs games and Krul needs phasing out - but hey, we're hunting playoffs so can't judge this as any great longterm plan - he's picking a team that he believes will get a result.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Yeah, you’re dead right 

Krul replacing Gunn today has raised eyebrows quite understandably and the decision came in for comment but you see it as the pitchforks being brandished. I disagree.

Last word on it is yours.

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Krul replacing Gunn today has raised eyebrows quite understandably and the decision came in for comment but you see it as the pitchforks being brandished. I disagree.

Last word on it is yours.

We’re winning 3-0, let’s forget about it ( smiley face )

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Krul much better keeper in my opinion, Gunn does that stupid thing where he falls down instead of making a save, and just doesn't command as Krul does - there's a **** ton of experience there.   

Gunn has looked much better this season getting a run of games, however.

And that's more the problem for me, Gunn needs games and Krul needs phasing out - but hey, we're hunting playoffs so can't judge this as any great longterm plan - he's picking a team that he believes will get a result.

Give Angus a break, he probs falls over because from the age of around 3 his dad showed him the video of "THAT" goal. 
And was like "Angus.... always get ya body behind the wee ball laddie"