7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not really. Dowell was very poor prior to today. Much as it's fun to see people eat humble pie think OP can be let off

I thought you were going to say "hold my beer".😉

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not really. Dowell was very poor prior to today. Much as it's fun to see people eat humble pie think OP can be let off

Nothing to do with humble pie, most of them were the usual suspects and their comments pointed towards Wagner not knowing what he was doing. Most of what was said was due to people wanting our club to fail

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Watching McLean run the entire midfield as well is making some people look even more stupid.

Why on earth did it take three years to work out McLean is the best DM we have in our squad?

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

*Everyone* was poor prior to today. The awful tactics and absence of any coherent plan made it pretty much impossible for the players to utilise their strengths. Dowell has a very specific skill set. We're witnessing what happens when players are unleashed to play their natural game rather than fit into a flawed system. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

No one and I mean no one saw this performance coming 

You are right of course but just shows what can happen when you are not reliant on stats.

23 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yeh totally disagree 

Excited to see Wagner unleashing a side shackled by an inept manager.

Fully expected the team to show Thier gratitude by battering someone.

Perhaps time for you to consider a forum hiatus? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bert said:

If dowell is the answer what is the question 

IMG_20230114_135014.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Which player is going to make Bert look stupid today?

@Bert look on the brightside.

In the annual pinkun awards you have just already taken first prize in the category for 

"Comes back to bite him in the backside"

Or 

"Daftest comment of the year" (although @littleyellowbirdie has multiple submissions so you could be out on this one)

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bert said:

This aged well!

Sometimes coaches/managers do know what they are doing, it seems…

5 hours ago, Bert said:

That went well, can you do a thread on if Idah or Sargent is the answer next week? 😂😂👍

9 hours ago, Bert said:

Just back from Preston .Wtf are you talking about? This is football …… the Championship. Nobody knows anything . Expect the unexpected .
As a Norwich fan I’m absolutely revelling in a 4-0 away win. 

OTBC 💚💛

Edited by Pockthorpe
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Bert said:

The question is: "What sort of idiot would write off a player who proved to be excellent the last time City were promoted?"

Fair play! You have indeed chosen a highly appropriate avatar. At the least you deserve your very own turnip for that.

Edited by horsefly

24 minutes ago, horsefly said:

The question is: "What sort of idiot would write off a player who proved to be excellent the last time City were promoted?"

Fair play! You have indeed chosen a highly appropriate avatar. At the least you deserve your very own turnip for that.

I don't think that works as you intended. You're implying that Dowell is that sort of idiot seeing as he's the answer to whatever question is being asked.

• Haha 1

I am literally his biggest critic and would have given him a piggy back to Portman Road before yesterday. But what a ***ing performance that was...

44 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I don't think that works as you intended. You're implying that Dowell is that sort of idiot seeing as he's the answer to whatever question is being asked.

Nope you're wrong old boy! I'm asking a different question (and indeed a genuine question). The OP's original question is very obviously rhetorical (i.e it's meant rather straightforwardly as a criticism of selecting Dowell, implying there can be no reason for selecting Dowell. It is, after all,  a standard rhetorical form used across all contexts, sporting and non-sporting). Or do you seriously believe Bert (somewhat notorious for making silly points) was genuinely asking a question?

Edited by horsefly

14 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Nope you're wrong old boy! I'm asking a different question (and indeed a genuine question). The OP's original question is very obviously rhetorical (i.e it's meant rather straightforwardly as a criticism of selecting Dowell, implying there can be no reason for selecting Dowell. It is, after all,  a standard rhetorical form used across all contexts, sporting and non-sporting). Or do you seriously believe Bert (somewhat notorious for making silly points) was genuinely asking a question?

Finally someone with a bit of nouse

Edited by Bert
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Thats a very nice way of saying he's a disingenuous shoitestirring Troll.

Finally someone with a bit of nouse

Edited 41 minutes ago by Bert

Thankyou Bert. 

14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Thats a very nice way of saying he's a disingenuous shoitestirring Troll.

Finally someone with a bit of nouse

Edited 41 minutes ago by Bert

Thankyou Bert. 

Indeed! but tbf I don't think Bert makes any great effort to disguise what he's up to.

19 hours ago, Well b back said:

14/1/2023 and we already have the winner for the most ridiculous thread of the year, no more applications needed.

(90% of the Pink Un): “hold my beer”

30 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Indeed! but tbf I don't think Bert makes any great effort to disguise what he's up to.

True, no one can accuse him of being smart about it.