Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v PNE (A/L) ****

Outstanding first-half.

More players in the box = more chances to score.

Gunn should be starting the second-half. Krul is an accident waiting to happen.

0-3 flatters Preston….

Edited by unique
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, percy varco said:

We not got a 4th yet?

Wagner out

Indeed

He was definitely spotted with his hands in his pocket, and he brought a flask of tea for 1/2 time just in case Preston didn’t provide any.

Just now, unique said:

Outstanding first-half.

More players in the box = more chances to score.

Gunn should be starting the second-half. Krul is an accident waiting to happen.

For goodness sake, its just calmed down, don't start it up again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chicken said:

Some folks will never be happy sadly.

I just don't get the slagging off of players without any reason, especially after the new head coach has said this is a new start for all of them.

This is my last message on the subject, but nobody that I could see was ‘slagging’ off Gunn. Your dramatising it. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Preston are gonna get a funk king rocket in their dressing room. We'd better be ready for the inevitable fast start - focus has not always been our strength this season. Still, three goals in a half is never to be sniffed at.

7 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Best half of the season. Simples.

OTBC

Best half since I can't remember when. Quite literally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Preston are gonna get a funk king rocket in their dressing room. We'd better be ready for the inevitable fast start - focus has not always been our strength this season. Still, three goals in a half is never to be sniffed at.

Yup, remember Coventry we battered them first half them the second half was dull AF.

Then Bristol... 3-2 should have been 3-3 or even 3-4.

Lets push on see if we cant score a few more second half. 

They have made a good start to Wagner's tenure but an awful long way to go  and it won't all be plain sailing so lets get behind them.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

100%.

Need to be focused and clever. Plenty of chances to counter them. 

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Hands up here mate

I'm only teasing. I actually agree about Onel in general but I always felt if we played Dowell tucked further infield with a bit more freedom he has the ability to create and score in this division. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Best half since I can't remember when. Quite literally.

Did anyone watch the points record / Covid promotion DvD?

Bloody awefull production, no interviews just cold game - game with no soul. (not saying they were not top performances but well.. none of us where there)

As said, last top performance was what? Brentford? or even Leicester at home before Lockdown?!

Edited by Nexus_Canary

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

😅😅😅

No he's the worst. After watching Farke ball for 2 seasons he's still going on about how we shouldn't play it out from the back, even though it's the norm for football and it is what helped create two of our goals today 😅😅

He's 'going on'  about it because we've played ourselves into trouble with it a couple times, if we could play like it without giving it to a PNE player and playing into trouble, he'd never mention it I'm sure. 🤷🤷

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

This is my last message on the subject, but nobody that I could see was ‘slagging’ off Gunn. Your dramatising it. 

That's a relief.

Not over dramatising anything. I joked - took the micky, which others saw the humour in, then you went off the deep end.

Your original statement was since he had come in for Krul, our performances hadn't been good. Now, I wasn't the only one that read that as Gunn being part of the reason for those poor performances, Alex then piled in and wanted to push that point further.

I made decent points, as did others. It's only you insisting you are correct. No one is saying Krul is rubbish - he isn't. However, you are the self proclaimed "reasonable" poster - but that isn't dramatising anything. Nor is taking issue with a joke. 

They will have to try and get something but we look ready to hit them on the counter. But Kenny is looking settled in his new role and its up to Hanley and AO to just concentrate.

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Spot on.

I personally thought Krul would be the man at the moment ie experience, organising etc, but I did say Gunn will be back sometime in the future, and in no way slagged Gunn off, I just think Krul is the man for now, but of course because of who’s place he has taken he will be getting stick even when he plays well.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

They have made a good start to Wagner's tenure but an awful long way to go  and it won't all be plain sailing so lets get behind them.

Spot on.

We need to be delivering this more consistently. This could yet be a "bounce" but what we have seen is that these players are still quality when we have been questioning whether they are or not. Now they have proven that aspect they need our support to deliver more frequently and get those points on the board. 

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

We need to be delivering this more consistently.

It will come with improved fitness. 

We'd become unfit and slow under Dean Smith, hence being unable to ever find a second gear.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

He's 'going on'  about it because we've played ourselves into trouble with it a couple times, if we could play like it without giving it to a PNE player and playing into trouble, he'd never mention it I'm sure. 🤷🤷

But to be fair, with Wagner’s pressing style and quick attacks, you can’t just boot the ball down the pitch, unless under a lot of pressure, or the opposition especially away are hunting you down in numbers.

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm only teasing. I actually agree about Onel in general but I always felt if we played Dowell tucked further infield with a bit more freedom he has the ability to create and score in this division. 

Don't get me wrong love Onel, wish his end product was better.

Great save Krul 👏 

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Should be 4, very noticeable Gio especially getting forward with pace at every opportunity 

Nice to see people playing to their strengths. 

• Like 1