1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Pukki out of contract in a few months puts in a Performance like that on a Today

There lies the difference 

How, pray tell, could Todd 'put in a performance' when he's not selected to play?

Just now, Petriix said:

How, pray tell, could Todd 'put in a performance' when he's not selected to play?

i was talking about how Pukki has got on with his job all season yet he is exactly the same boat as Todd out of contract

9 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Loved him 'til the end, hairct, designer clothes, Lambo etc.etc. but he'd become a major distractraction and not just  on this forum.

Possibly in the dressing room and in the manager's head

Wagner has acted quickly to dispel all this. He'd clearly stuied the story and may even have spoken to Farke.

Hope he finds the right cub   soon!

Perhaps just a.n.other half-bright youngster  who couldn't handle the money or the fame and got carriead away by his own sense of importance.

There have been many. Often married life with kids brings them back down to earth by having responsibilities.

Careful re. the bit in bold. I know single, childfree people who are far more responsible than many married people with kids. Some people conflate the idea of having responsibility with actually doing that responsibility well. 

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Presumably there's a reason for both.

Just now, Ian said:

Presumably there's a reason for both.

Exactly Pukki is out of Contract exactly the same way Todd is

one plays nearly every game the other you see for a couple of games then can not make the bench even though he clearly is a very talented player

( talking about this season not today 

13 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Exactly Pukki is out of Contract exactly the same way Todd is

one plays nearly every game the other you see for a couple of games then can not make the bench even though he clearly is a very talented player

( talking about this season not today 

Or one is given plenty of opportunity while the other is dropped for no good reason. Dowell has also had very limited opportunities yet has somehow miraculously returned to form. It's almost as if the previous manager didn't have a clue how to utilise his squad. 

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's a poor man's  Kieron Dowell

He's the Norwich Dele Alli.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Petriix said:

Or one is given plenty of opportunity while the other is dropped for no good reason. Dowell has also had very limited opportunities yet has somehow miraculously returned to form. It's almost as if the previous manager didn't have a clue how to utilise his squad. 

Yes Smith didn't help but he did say clean slate played Todd then the performances dried up 

My Rangers Family all excited thinking they are getting player valued by some at  20/25 million for nothing 

only Todd can decide that 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Deli has the better fashion sense..

CUGsVLBWcAApYEQ?format=jpg&name=small

I'm not saying I'm questioning his taste or eyesight, but I get the impression he would handle a grater and think it was the most violent book he ever read.

2 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Lad had the footballing world at his feet 3-4 year ago.

Now he's destined to turn out on a rainy Sunday for kings Lynn by the time he's 28

Let’s hope not

56 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Do players get dropped for "no good reason" ?

11 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

I don't know what was going on between Todd and NCFC, but on his day he is far better than anything we have! He will be a big loss, lm sure something could have been sorted between them over the last 2 seasons!

Also the fans have a bit to say in it, when he warmed up in front of the Snake Pit there was no singing, 'Toddy Cantwell he's one of our own' to maybe make him feel wanted. Too many of our quality young players are allowed to leave.

TODDY CANTWELL HES ONE OF OUR OWN

TODDY CANTWELL IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOU

Loved watching him play, top player at his his best.

17 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Do players get dropped for "no good reason" ?

Under Smith? Very much so. Remind me again how much Dowell featured in recent months...

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Careful re. the bit in bold. I know single, childfree people who are far more responsible than many married people with kids. Some people conflate the idea of having responsibility with actually doing that responsibility well. 

No. I was only referring to some reknown football wasters in the past who have settled down to the job once they settled down themselves with family. I wish I could think of examples

I wasn't talking society as a whole, that would make too much of a generalisation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

No. I was only referring to some reknown football wasters in the past who have settled down to the job once they settled down themselves with family. I wish I could think of examples

I wasn't talking society as a whole, that would make too much of a generalisation.

Fair enough, I don't think there are that many though. It's just one of those popular tropes with precious little to substantiate it and tbh, when applied to society as a whole it's fairly insulting to men!

Edited by TheGunnShow

Local lad, through the youth team, creative and attacking player; in theory I should love him, but in theory communism works. I can't put my finger on why, but I just think he's a bit of a pr*ck and I struggle to warm to him.

He's a decent player and fine at Championship level, but his lack of physicality (speed and strength) means you have to be special in technique to go further, and his technique is ok-ish (ropey at times). My feeling is that he thinks he's much better than that and think he is in for a rude awakening.

If he gets us a fee, good luck to him and hope he does well for the rest of his career. If he leaves on a free and we don't get anything, I hope he drops like a stone to the national leagues.

Cantwell is not physical enough and has little resolve or determination . If he goes to Rangers it will be a rude awakening as he will be kicked off the park, probably in training by his own teammates. It could have been so much better if he had made the effort to fit in here at his home club but I suspect he is now destined to slip into the steep career nose dive that we have seen in so many footballers who get too big for their boots.

Yesterday's performance has emphasised thr fact that we have moved on from Cantwell.

And moved on we have. Wagner was quick to exclude him from his plans because he was talikng to other clubs.Washed his hands of the matter, probably having been filled in with the history.

It meant that for the first time in a long time a Norwich manager has not  had to concern himself with the player and the distractions he constantly presented.

• Like 1