hogesar

Preston Presser

Everyone at the Presser came away feeling positive, judging by tweets from those there!

- Week isn't enough, but everyone is on board with how he wants to play football, him and the players are excited.

- Double session this week + 3 training days

- Sargent is back. Cantwell is talking with other clubs. Wagner confirmed.

- Really positive about the fans.

- He's not a big fan of stats, "Who cares at the end of the day" (BOO WAGNER OUT - Hogesar first to turn 😉 )

- Gibson back in training next week

- Byram out for a while

- Hayden might only make last few games of season, loan cannot be terminated.

- Suggestions Wagner wants to play with a front two.

- Praise from Wagner for Sinani and bench players vs Blackburn (Yes thought it was the best Sinani looked for a while but still don't rate him personally).

- Doesn't want a huge squad and with the quality of academy doesn't think he needs to.

Edited by hogesar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Thanks Herman, Bailey's view on Hayden's return is pretty damning. I truly hope we are not paying for his non-availability. 

• Like 2

You'd have to imagine Byram's career here is essentially over. He just can't stay fit and I'd imagine his wages aren't tiny.

Re Hayden- shame about not being able to send him back. Never fit, taking up a loan spot and didn't even look that good when he played. Can't believe Webber completely failed to address our biggest weakness for the second season running. 

Front two will be interesting- Idah seems to be in vogue at the moment. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm warming to him already.......

No stats and more fitness. What's not to like??👍

• Like 4

Is now the right time for me to shove in his quote on Mclean?

Pinkun Massive: "h0w h4s KENNY trick3d ANUVA m4n4GER!!!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Er, didn’t people only recently bang on about Brentford and how they use data (aka stats) as being really great?  Is there a degree of ‘emperor’s new clothes’ going on?

I’d have thought extra fitness is a given, but presumably the rest of it will be there somewhere (I’m not talking about xg, and never have).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, king canary said:

You'd have to imagine Byram's career here is essentially over. He just can't stay fit and I'd imagine his wages aren't tiny.

Re Hayden- shame about not being able to send him back. Never fit, taking up a loan spot and didn't even look that good when he played. Can't believe Webber completely failed to address our biggest weakness for the second season running. 

Agree but something just tells me he's the sort of player who'll then go and play a solid whole season somewhere else. For us, not really worth the commitment vs risk.

Re Hayden - seems like we made a bad deal. I know the knee injury wasn't a repeated problem but seems we took a big gamble and it didn't pay off. To be fair to Webber, this signing was trying to address it but perhaps its a position we can't afford to take such calculated gambles on.

On the flipside, I don't have the medical data / reports to hand. Maybe from a medical / physical point of view it didn't look like much of a risk and we just got unlucky?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I did think of you when I saw that.😂

• Haha 1

Just now, hogesar said:

Agree but something just tells me he's the sort of player who'll then go and play a solid whole season somewhere else. For us, not really worth the commitment vs risk.

Re Hayden - seems like we made a bad deal. I know the knee injury wasn't a repeated problem but seems we took a big gamble and it didn't pay off. To be fair to Webber, this signing was trying to address it but perhaps its a position we can't afford to take such calculated gambles on.

On the flipside, I don't have the medical data / reports to hand. Maybe from a medical / physical point of view it didn't look like much of a risk and we just got unlucky?

I was thinking the very same only this morning about Sam.  We all know there’s a solid defender in there, it’s almost inevitable with how things go that he’d get binned by us, end up at a random Championship team and do perfectly well for them, and who knows, play in the PL before we do. But for the here and now you’d have to say it’s not worth the risk.

Hayden is just unlucky, but on the back of other ‘unlucky’ transfer like Normann et al, it does look a bit pants.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Herman said:

I did think of you when I saw that.😂

"That hogesar is going to be even more unbearable than usual...." 😉

image.jpeg.f9e2e3e00e665a5cfd1e67d12c94ffad.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I didn't go much for his praise for Sinani, athough the player did turn it on a bit in the game.

A bit and that's it.

I don't think a team with Sinani starting is a top six team ... despite his varied succes at Huddersfield.

We have become used to better,

47 minutes ago, Herman said:

🤐

How the f*ck has Webber allowed that to happen?

When we signed him he hadn't played since 2021 due to injury.

Sorry, but that's just pure incompetence.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I assume it's something we had to agree on to get the loan deal done. But on the other hand we should have run away with a stipulation like that.

Hugill and Idah top two against tired legs please

Seriously though the double training and talk of players being tired or lazy is good to hear. Seems things got a little slack and lackluster in that department under Smith..

31 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Hayden is just unlucky, but on the back of other ‘unlucky’ transfer like Normann et al, it does look a bit pants.

It is unlucky for him (although him being a fan of Andrew Tate has somewhat limited my sympathy for him).

It isn't unlucky for us or Webber though. Ramsey getting injured and having his loan terminated is. A player coming back off a serious knee injury who hadn't kicked a ball in 6 months having follow up issues is entirely predictable and we put all our eggs in that basket for a key position. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Yet another Webber masterclass. Really is being exposed as a bit of a fraud.

Much as on paper Hayden does sound like exactly what we need.. How the hell did he pass a medical?

• Like 2

Only got to see how many late goals we concede ...very often winners...to see how unfit the team is (when it used to be us who would invariably score the late goals under Farke)

Glad Wagner has them in for evening training. Shows hows badly coached we were under Smith and Shakespeare

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, king canary said:

It is unlucky for him (although him being a fan of Andrew Tate has somewhat limited my sympathy for him).

It isn't unlucky for us or Webber though. Ramsey getting injured and having his loan terminated is. A player coming back off a serious knee injury who hadn't kicked a ball in 6 months having follow up issues is entirely predictable and we put all our eggs in that basket for a key position. 

Andrew Tate has sod all to do with anything - there’s many people who follow a-holes, mostly through ignorance/stupidity.

I will continue to call the Hayden situation  unlucky - there’s obviously a decent player in there. It didn’t work out for this season, but could easily have done and you’d have then lauded it as a successful gamble. I suppose the wider financial point is that we have to make such gambles at all, but all transfers are inherently a gamble of sorts.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

It's really, really 😕 annoying that we had no get out clause in place. WTF is all that about.  I'm raging , I feel sorry for Hayden but from our side this as you say is the ultimate   incompetence.

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I will continue to call the Hayden situation  unlucky - there’s obviously a decent player in there. It didn’t work out for this season, but could easily have done and you’d have then lauded it as a successful gamble. I suppose the wider financial point is that we have to make such gambles at all, but all transfers are inherently a gamble of sorts.

I find this type of argument so asinine. Yes, shockingly, if it had been successful I'd be calling it successful. But it hasn't been and if you're the person paid significant money to get things like this right then you take the blame for when it goes wrong.

Yes all transfers are a gamble. But not all gambles are equal- if you buy a house that has no structural issues and it collapses then you're unlucky. If you buy one with clear structural issues you can't complain about bad luck when it falls down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

High praise for Kenny. I can see you becoming a future manager of Norwich City. 😉👍

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Everyone at the Presser came away feeling positive, judging by tweets from those there!

- Week isn't enough, but everyone is on board with how he wants to play football, him and the players are excited.

- Double session this week + 3 training days

- Sargent is back. Cantwell is talking with other clubs. Wagner confirmed.

- Really positive about the fans.

- He's not a big fan of stats, "Who cares at the end of the day" (BOO WAGNER OUT - Hogesar first to turn 😉 )

- Gibson back in training next week

- Byram out for a while

- Hayden might only make last few games of season, loan cannot be terminated.

- Suggestions Wagner wants to play with a front two.

- Praise from Wagner for Sinani and bench players vs Blackburn (Yes thought it was the best Sinani looked for a while but still don't rate him personally).

- Doesn't want a huge squad and with the quality of academy doesn't think he needs to.

Imagine , not being a fan of Stats (Hoggy), what kind of manager/ coach have we hired FFS.👏😉.

OK Hoggy , R.I.P Xg , this talk can only now be discussed on the non - football platform.  Hip-Hip Hooray 🙃

2 hours ago, king canary said:

TBF to Webber Hayden was fit when he arrived. Had he stayed fit there was every reason to believe that Webber had indeed addressed our biggest weakness (especially given the Newcastle's fans' view of Hayden's performances). He got unlucky with another injury. If there is any blame to be apportioned it would have to be directed at the medical department, but that would only be fair if there is evidence that they missed something that suggested a second injury was likely to happen.

• Like 2