Sign in to follow this  
John Boubepo

Someone Remind Me

Given Worthington''s total lack of credibility as a manager, add to that his two year losing streak - Can someone remind me, what did Mike Walker do to get fired so quickly?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]he won his last 2 home games 5 nil!!   But alledgedly most of the team were keen on a drink in his 2nd era.. Hence Young Mr Rioch came in to put pay to that.[/quote]

Instead now the fans are all in need of one....or many.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]he won his last 2 home games 5 nil!!   But alledgedly most of the team were keen on a drink in his 2nd era.. Hence Young Mr Rioch came in to put pay to that.[/quote]

I suppose the players drinking after games was a way of celebrating convincing victories, no worries there then Worthy?

Don''t take this as a defence of Worthy but in 1997-98, under Mike Walker, we entered April in 20th position. I would suggest that victory in our last two games was too late to repair the damage of two very poor seasons which saw us lose games to Port Vale 6-1, WBA 5-1, Wolves 5-0 and worst of all Ipswich 5-0.

It then raises the question of why he was also sacked by Colchester, Everton and some unheard of oversea''s side and why no other side has snapped him up in the last seven years.