Dean Coneys boots

Big summer clear out

42 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

I didn't say anything to the contrary. You are arguing with yourself.

yes sorry read your post again ha ! 

Dowell, Sinani and Hernandez have basically 6 mths to save their City careers. 

Dowell has to learn how to run, Onel how to cross the ball and Sinani, well not sure really.

Could go either way really but they have to make more of their opportunities and hopefully Wagner's coaching will bring out the best in them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sadly biggest issues I see is that even if we sell a lot of deadwood players we still won't raise enough money to buy even one good player nevermind two or more.

yes end of this season it would be nice to have to Bigger money to go and rebuild buying a few players to bolt on to youngsters 

but as others said hopefully get some frees that you might not of got a few years ago as more players are running contracts down 

54 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

yes end of this season it would be nice to have to Bigger money to go and rebuild buying a few players to bolt on to youngsters 

but as others said hopefully get some frees that you might not of got a few years ago as more players are running contracts down 

Or loans - that's what Burnley have done.

I would say frees, Loans possibly from either his mate Klopp or someone who we could get in who has played his system from one of his previous teams, there may also be the opportunity to grab a player from a club that is struggling financially.  

On 10/01/2023 at 20:36, Dean Coneys boots said:

And. You know what? I find myself strangely happy about it. I think Krul, Pukki wt al have had their day and we need the new stars to emerge. Let’s hope board room gets a shake up too - as that is what inflicts the ceiling we can’t break

I can't get excited by it.

Yes we need a rebuild.

But Webber has blown sh*t loads of cash and left us with no transfer budget. 

He's embarked on a rebuild before but that was with Pritchard, Murphy, Howson and Maddison to flog to fund it.

Who is there left to flog for big money? I could possibly see somebody making a move for Sargent if he can hit a good run of form again between now and the summer, but he's the Pukki replacement so he's not one we can afford to lose.

And even if we did manage to flog players to fund a rebuild, are you trusting Webber with the recruitment again after his last two summer windows? He's blown a f*cking fortune. 

Agree on Krul though, think he's a decent keeper but Gunn will do, at the moment he's an incredibly expensive number 2. Could probably find a decent number 2 on the freebie list in the summer on a quarter of his likely wages. Gunn one of Webber's few recent decent signings. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Dowell, Sinani and Hernandez have basically 6 mths to save their City careers. 

Sinani will never be good enough.

And I doubt Dowell will ever have the stamina or work rate to work in a high pressing team.

I think we should keep Onel as long as his wage demands are modest. Don't think he needs to earn that, he gives 100% every time he pulls on a shirt, great attitude, keep him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

The likes of Brentford and Burnley may simply be making better business decisions than NCFC.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sadly biggest issues I see is that even if we sell a lot of deadwood players we still won't raise enough money to buy even one good player nevermind two or more.

And yet you laugh when I suggest a good free agent.

Paid £0 for Pukki or Krul. Clearly we're going to have to play that market again.

We won't have much to spend on transfer fees but we'll have a lot coming off the wage bill. 

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

The likes of Brentford and Burnley may simply be making better business decisions than NCFC.

Yes.

And have a stronger recruitment team.

The recruitment team that we had when we signed the likes of Buendia, Pukki and Krul have long since left the club. That's the reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Okay - "non-football"! The word was in quotes so was tongue in cheek.

Football is a unique business with its own rules. Totally unsustainable but nobody cares. If Attanasio buys the club I won't care if he goes bust for my insatiable greed to be Citeh. I've learnt my lesson.

Get yer wallet out Mark you selfish Yank...

😯😯😯😲😲😲😲😲

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes.

And have a stronger recruitment team.

The recruitment team that we had when we signed the likes of Buendia, Pukki and Krul have long since left the club. That's the reality.

Don't forget that Brentford also have the "london pull" which means that they even if they were in the same divison as us many players would choose to play for them rather than us if they had to pick.

6 hours ago, essex canary said:

Another possibility is that there are some that are truly successful professional gamblers and others who would like to think that they are albeit that they are not.

I think 🤔 I get what you are trying to say Essex. Sometimes in life their are truly wonderful honest successful proffesionals at there chosen subject. On the other hand ️ there are numerous false, chancers , charlatans, who get away  with murder and usually put the company in big trouble they work for. These sort of people are normally out and out con men. Usually people below them loose their jobs . It's just a pity there are so many gullible people who fall into the trap of believing and trusting in these false being's. 

Edited by Mengo

56 minutes ago, Mengo said:

I think 🤔 I get what you are trying to say Essex. Sometimes in life their are truly wonderful honest successful proffesionals at there chosen subject. On the other hand ️ there are numerous false, chancers , charlatans, who get away  with murder and usually put the company in big trouble they work for. These sort of people are normally out and out con men. Usually people below them loose their jobs . It's just a pity there are so many gullible people who fall into the trap of believing and trusting in these false being's. 

Indeed and perhaps some people in prominent positions  who belong to grey areas in between which complicates the issues further.

• Like 1

Most of the Championship operates on free transfers and loans now so we won't be at a huge disadvantage if we can't pay huge fees.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mengo said:

It does seem that Delia, Michael and Marky Mark trust chancers and charlatans. It's a worry...

Just read that Wagner likes them too.

We're going to hell in a hand cart 🛒🔥

Edited by nutty nigel

43 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It does seem that Delia, Michael and Marky Mark trust chancers and charlatans. It's a worry...

Just read that Wagner likes them too.

We're going to hell in a hand cart 🛒🔥

I'm sure they've come across quite a few in their time , it's all about how you manage them. So not so much of a worry if Murky Mark , sorry Marky Mark keeps a keen eye 😉 on proceedings and progress , which we will get with Wagner having his say.

Hold the hand cart for now and proceed with optimism and Unity within the ranks.👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mengo said:

I'm sure they've come across quite a few in their time , it's all about how you manage them. So not so much of a worry if Murky Mark , sorry Marky Mark keeps a keen eye 😉 on proceedings and progress , which we will get with Wagner having his say.

Hold the hand cart for now and proceed with optimism and Unity within the ranks.👍

I know, it's just weird that Marky Mark gets so much trust when we hardly know him.....

Some might say blind faith 🤔

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I know, it's just weird that Marky Mark gets so much trust when we hardly know him.....

🤣🤣🤣🤣💯.I know , he's possibility one of the biggest crooks going at this moment in time 😉😂. Hang on to yer hats 👒 we're on a 🎢 rollacoaster. Little old Norwich  , lost forever.

Two video interviews and he's sold it.

🙃

Edited by Mengo
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Trust me ,I'm a double glazing  salesman.  ( Everest triple glazing).

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

It's a bit early too tell - over the years there have been many clubs that we have said that about, but they have all fallen as well. 

It is very easy to find many more examples of clubs that have made worse business decisions than City!

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Most of the Championship operates on free transfers and loans now so we won't be at a huge disadvantage if we can't pay huge fees.

We will have an advantage over most clubs as our revenue is higher than the majority of championship clubs, even without parachute payments. We might reasonably expect us to have some advantage through the Cat 1 academy as well.

7 minutes ago, Badger said:

It's a bit early too tell - over the years there have been many clubs that we have said that about, but they have all fallen as well. 

It is very easy to find many more examples of clubs that have made worse business decisions than City!

Wish we were " " only works short term or swap Swansea for Brentford and hope no one notices...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

But Webber has blown sh*t loads of cash and left us with no transfer budget. 

Not only Webber, the managers have their input too, they help identify the players they want in different positions, we know this to be fact. Then Webber does the leg work of bringing them in...

Other wise this fuels that odd concept some have, not you, that Webber turns up at Colney in a blacked out SUV and outsteps a new player no one knows anything about. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, essex canary said:

Like stupidly generous perks for their shareholders? Or telling all and sundry exactly what’s going on internally and what their plans are? Because that’s generally what you seem to be asking for NCFC to do.