Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

Gareth Bale

His goal against us is shown among his best Premier League goals on BBC website.  Lots of nasty monkey chanting from The Snake Pit I recall.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

His goal against us is shown among his best Premier League goals on BBC website.  Lots of nasty monkey chanting from The Snake Pit I recall.

Indeed there was and he not only took the goal well he took the banter so well! No issues for him and he was a superb player…

• Like 2

But that golfing celebration.  😞
Smug chimp faced bar steward. Hes one if i dont know if i want to admire or hate.
His whole "Wales, Golf, Madrid in that order" should have got him fired. 
Yeh dunno how to feel about Bale.

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Smug chimp faced bar steward. Hes one if i dont know if i want to admire or hate.

Agree it was a real blot in his copy book.

What a player and an all round talent …he shouldn’t have done that banner tho.  Especially because he’d achieved so much for Real Madrid if he’d just been the bigger man … as my dear old mum says 

‘less said, easier mended ‘

32 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

In his defence, the official line is that he didn't notice the flag had those words written on it. I'd be inclined to believe him, because I can't believe he'd ever be stupid enough to pose with it deliberately.

Quality player but as arrogant as they come. If he'd been a city player (haha) and had said "Wales, Golf, City" he'd be as hated here as much as he ended up being in Spain.

For me, he's also one of the worst "I'll support anyone but England" merchants.

C**k.

Great player.

Not sure the stick he got from the Barclay was enough to specifically bring up, but each to their own.

On 10/01/2023 at 20:05, Myra Hawtree said:

It's funny because the exact same chant was directed at Martin Keown a lot more often than it was Bale - and nobody ever seemed to have an issue with people chanting it at Keown.

I remember a newspaper match report of the game where Bale scored those 2 goals against us slating our fans for the chant at Bale. Funnily enough journalists never seemed to have an issue with opposition fans regularly chanting "You fat b**tard" at Grant Holt. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

It's funny because the exact same chant was directed at Martin Keown a lot more often than it was Bale - and nobody ever seemed to have an issue with people chanting it at Keown.

I remember a newspaper match report of the game where Bale scored those 2 goals against us slating our fans for the chant at Bale. Funnily enough journalists never seemed to have an issue with opposition fans regularly chanting "You fat b**tard" at Grant Holt.