17 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

He has a history of commenting randomly on threads citing immigrants in an odd and irrelevant way. Coupled with every other post also being a comment on how the club is such an awful and badly run initiative and according to this latest one has been since the 1940s, I decided to ask if he does like NCFC, people or even anything in general as it would be nice to read something other than his usual tripe. 

I will apologise for going off topic though, that’s my bad. 

My opinion on Max leaving are that it’d be not great from our perspective. I think we finally have a manager that can play him in a way that gets him showing his best attributes and thus will be great for him, but also financially I see much more potential to regain some of the lost value under Smith if we hold onto him. He can potentially have more options if he does decide to move on too. 

Fair play.

On 10/01/2023 at 19:02, Capt. Pants said:

His height isn't such an issue for a team playing 5 at the back.

Trippier is only 1.73m according to Transfermarkt.

There's no way Aarons is 5'10" and this is a good point re: 5 at the back. That's what I'd try first if I was just taking over this squad.

18 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

That would make you 79-80 years old? So, and forgive me for assuming again, but say you live the average life expectancy of a male in the UK (80 ish) you probably don’t have to worry about being disappointed by any continued 70+ years of lack of ambition for much longer.

There are quite a few posters aged 75+ on here mate, so as much as Daly is a tw*t, don't think the rest of them need to be reminded of their lack of immortality. 

And all you need to do stand a very good chance of substantially exceeding life expectancy is to never get fat. You don't see many fat 80 year olds. See lots of fat 40 year olds (like me), those people bring the average down. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Nobody is buying Cantwell for 30 million. Maybe 5.

If we strap 4 mil to his back in cash and post him, maybe.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m trusting Webber in this case. Sell Max and Todd for a combined £60m and rebuild next season. 

You mean 60 million pence don't you? Surely?

17 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You mean 60 million pence don't you? Surely?

We could get upwards of £15m for Max. Good pros are always in demand.

Looks increasingly likely that we'll get zero for Cantwell as  he drives up North in his Lambo

If Max is given the sort of license Wagner clearly gave him vs Blackburn then he could certainly find his form again and his value could be significantly more than it is now, at the end of the season.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Nobody is buying Cantwell for 30 million. Maybe 5.

£5 mil for a player with 6 months left on his contact who isn’t playing, and can already sign a pre-agreement with clubs to join for free once his contract expires… Who is going to pay that!? 

Cantwell is virtually wortless now UNLESS there are a few club keen and one might be keen enough and be prepared to pay a bit in order to steal  a thunder over the others,

It won't be much though £1m max.

Edited by BroadstairsR