Max has regressed. Not all his fault either, but Fulham look set for Premier League football next season. He has to break away from NCFC at some point and doesn't really owe us anything.

Apart from being a short-@rse, which he can't really help, Max is arguably our most consistent player.

I'd miss him. But would wish him well if he gets the chance to play in the Premier League.

For a huge fee though, obviously.

Edited by Pyro Pete

God these threads are depressing, sadly Fulham would be a good move.  They are looking to solidify themselves in the premiership.  I really do not want him to go, but like Pukki, he deserves our gratitude and best wishes.  

The main downside is we do not have any cover currently in the squad - unless Sam is fit, and Mumba isn’t a fullback, he should be replacing Onel.

20 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

God these threads are depressing, sadly Fulham would be a good move.  They are looking to solidify themselves in the premiership.  I really do not want him to go, but like Pukki, he deserves our gratitude and best wishes.  

The main downside is we do not have any cover currently in the squad - unless Sam is fit, and Mumba isn’t a fullback, he should be replacing Onel.

Indeed. Has been virtually injury free since making his debut at 'that place'. An incredible record really and will be difficult to replace. for sure. 

• Like 1

I don't see it. Even Championship clubs target Max because of his height. Not his fault and he's been magnificent for us. But that's where football is at the moment. The reason we struggle so much in the PL is because we don't have nearly enough big powerful athletes.

• Like 4

Remember he's originally a West Londoner, so it might be a double nice fit for him. I'd be gutted to see him go but wouldn't blame him. Emi and Max on the flank in THAT championship season was arguably the best right side we've had in living memory...and thats where most of Pukkis goals came from. 

I'd add Max is 1.78m (5ft 10" in old money) so not as short as you'd think. Anselin said he was 5ft 5" on the radio the other week. Bless, must be all those ciggies ruining his eyes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spencer 1970 said:

I'd add Max is 1.78m (5ft 10" in old money) so not as short as you'd think. 

I really doubt that he is 1.78m.

I can find lots of different stats for his height, the Premier League website does say 1.78m which is what Wikipedia are using as their source.

But Eurosport say 1.69m, and Transfermarkt says 1.71m which is also his height on FIFA 23.

I seriously doubt he's any taller than 5ft 8"? 

The height of Jamal Lewis is given as 5ft 10" in most places, and here they both are...

718631842_ER5VFFqWoAUpvJm(1).thumb.jpg.213dadbd3e94524ae741836a30a6e0f4.jpg

2c968842ac27fc9d4db1cb599da5a6a9.jpg.d931f5253685a22d5360d2a3b2d41bd1.jpg

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Max is happy now Smith is gone, he will probably stick around as settled.

(Try fm23 for his height, it's database is used by clubs and far reliable than FIFA games)

Edited by Nexus_Canary

Can’t blame anyone wanting to leave this club

Watched NCFC since the 40’s no ambition 

Always been a selling club

The sooner theYanks takeover the better 

Edited by daly

On 10/01/2023 at 19:25, daly said:

Can’t blame anyone wanting to leave this club

Watched NCFC since the 40’s no ambition 

Always been a selling club

The sooner theYanks takeover the better 

do you actually support the club then? And if you started watching them in 1949 to be generous and sneak you into the decade you claim, assuming you were actually old enough to ‘follow them’ we have to assume in 1949 you were around 6 or 7 (and that’s generous). That would make you 79-80 years old? So, and forgive me for assuming again, but say you live the average life expectancy of a male in the UK (80 ish) you probably don’t have to worry about being disappointed by any continued 70+ years of lack of ambition for much longer. Probably won’t see much progress from the American takeover either though sadly. Even less likely if those nasty illegal immigrants keep coming in and stealing all our jobs and hospital beds. Must be a relief for you. Thanks for bringing so much sunshine a good vibes to the forum in that time though 😂

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

do you actually support the club then? And if you started watching them in 1949 to be generous and sneak you into the decade you claim, assuming you were actually old enough to ‘follow them’ we have to assume in 1949 you were around 6 or 7 (and that’s generous). That would make you 79-80 years old? So, and forgive me for assuming again, but say you live the average life expectancy of a male in the UK (80 ish) you probably don’t have to worry about being disappointed by any continued 70+ years of lack of ambition for much longer. Probably won’t see much progress from the American takeover either though sadly. Even less likely if those nasty illegal immigrants keep coming in and stealing all our jobs and hospital beds. Must be a relief for you. Thanks for bringing so much sunshine a good vibes to the forum in that time though 😂

Relevance to the original topic and Daly's post??

15 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Relevance to the original topic and Daly's post??

He has a history of commenting randomly on threads citing immigrants in an odd and irrelevant way. Coupled with every other post also being a comment on how the club is such an awful and badly run initiative and according to this latest one has been since the 1940s, I decided to ask if he does like NCFC, people or even anything in general as it would be nice to read something other than his usual tripe. 

I will apologise for going off topic though, that’s my bad. 

My opinion on Max leaving are that it’d be not great from our perspective. I think we finally have a manager that can play him in a way that gets him showing his best attributes and thus will be great for him, but also financially I see much more potential to regain some of the lost value under Smith if we hold onto him. He can potentially have more options if he does decide to move on too. 

47 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’ll stick around a little longer if OK with you

Sure your politics feel that all the illegal immigrants are welcome

Each to his own

Didn't realise that you were Mystic Meg and can determine the life expectancy of the male species 

Enjoy the rest of your life you never know what’s round the corner

PS Way out on your dates photo at CR 1947/48 I even had my school hat on.

9F764A13-5C1E-4B80-8457-8476342A0AFD.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/01/2023 at 14:46, cambridgeshire canary said:

Don't see Max as much of a cottager. Funny thinking he was once linked to Bayern and Barca and now it's Fulham. Good luck to him to him if he does go though.

Why not, staying up easily and improving in all ways on and off the pitch. That new £80m stand  is looking nice. 

It’d be a good move for him if it means a chance at getting in the 11. They’re safely prem for next season and small enough that if he did explode he’d be able to move to a bigger club later on

2 minutes ago, daly said:

Each to his own

Didn't realise that you were Mystic Meg and can determine the life expectancy of the male species 

So you’re mid 80’s, that’s good innings. For the record I am not in any way wishing you off this mortal coil, so apologies if that’s how it’s come across. I just can’t see why you have supported something that brings you no joy. 
Life expectancy is a global statistical indicator of development that varies by country. UK make is currently 81.65. That’s an average and my post not knowing your age used this measure and your reference to the 40s to make assumptions. Tbf I said 1949 (two years out) because that meant your age would be the youngest possible starting point to make the estimate. 
Illegal immigrants contain asylum seekers fleeing conflicts and/or poverty that were potentially started by historic resource based and/or colonial conflicts originating in countries including the UK. It’s not about politics it’s about human beings. I don’t tar all people with the same brush. For example, my granddad thinks we have a responsibility as a country to support those in dire need, regardless of their country of origin and thinks sending migrants on a plane to Africa is not a solution, so I don’t think all octogenarians are xenophobes (although tbf he is in his 90’s). I genuinely wish you as long as possible, but think of how much nicer those years will be if you just look for done enjoyment from the team you follow. 

But anyway, you wouldn’t blame Max if he left. Fair enough. That’s your view. 

On 10/01/2023 at 14:46, cambridgeshire canary said:

Don't see Max as much of a cottager. Funny thinking he was once linked to Bayern and Barca and now it's Fulham. Good luck to him to him if he does go though.

I’m trusting Webber in this case. Sell Max and Todd for a combined £60m and rebuild next season. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

39 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

@SwearyCanary ever heard of the phrase "Teaching grandma to suck eggs?"  🤣.  You wally,

How am I doing that? Sorry if I don’t get it but I’m not trying to teach Daly how to be negative about NCFC or how to hold negative views about immigration. I’m literally commenting suggesting he does the opposite and be positive.  How is that expression relevant to what I’ve said? Genuinely confused 

Edited by SwearyCanary

1 hour ago, daly said:

Each to his own

Think I’ve spotted you. 😉

C611A40A-CC46-4A2E-8871-EF8449EF478B.png

5 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Think I’ve spotted you. 😉

C611A40A-CC46-4A2E-8871-EF8449EF478B.png

Wrong but very close 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Nobody is buying Cantwell for 30 million. Maybe 5.

In your dreams - it will be short of £1m unless there truly has been a bidding war developed. Any discussion of a bidding war is either agents talk or false stories leaking from the club.