cambridgeshire canary

Watching streams? The police are on their way to you.

Cocaine found in the houses of parliment? Nothing done. You just got robbed or had your house broken into? Sorry, police are too busy to help you. But you watching a 3PM kickoff? Sorry but your doors being kicked in 😉

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/police-premier-league-illegal-streaming-28911133

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

They're very hot on torrent downloads over here in France. I've had warnings on it. At some point I'm going to add a VPN router.

If you use a firestick, then ExpressVPN, Nord VPN, and PrivateInternetAccess all seem to perform very well and have apps on the Amazon store to set them up on the device.

9 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

They're very hot on torrent downloads over here in France. I've had warnings on it. At some point I'm going to add a VPN router.

If you use a firestick, then ExpressVPN, Nord VPN, and PrivateInternetAccess all seem to perform very well and have apps on the Amazon store to set them up on the device.

Nooo you're stealing money from companys worth billions won't somebody think of the multi millionaire CEO's who run the companys you're stopping them from buyng a 4th Bentley 😔

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Nooo you're stealing money from companys worth billions won't somebody think of the multi millionaire CEO's who run the companys you're stopping them from buyng a 4th Bentley 😔

Someone else connected to our wifi... 😇

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Haha 2

It is depressing, the at what point will they put fans first, have the games on a Saturday afternoon so people who play or take part in grassroots football can go to watch, and make the games available cheaply to those who can’t afford watch in person.  In this country we have lost sight of what football is about and why it exists.  The more money in centralised in big huge clubs, the less relevant the rest of the structure becomes,

Edited by Newtopia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you look up the names used as examples, they were operating an illegal streaming service not 'watching' streams, which is very misleading.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

If you look up the names used as examples, they were operating an illegal streaming service not 'watching' streams, which is very misleading.

Yep, it's the uploaders that they are targeting.

Edit. Just actually read the article. Looks like they are after fire stick users etc. I'll wrap some tin foil round mine, should be fine...

Edited by The Bristol Nest

13 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Edit. Just actually read the article. Looks like they are after fire stick users etc. I'll wrap some tin foil round mine, should be fine...

UK-Police-Officer-with-Sepura-SC20-Radio

"Yeah think he's using a firestick. Send in two dog units, one helecopter and five armed officers please"

• Haha 6

They are targeting people who pay for an illegal service because that's ultimately against the law. As far as I can tell it's not illegal in any way to simply watch a stream as long as you're not personally responsible for uploading or replicating it and you're not paying anyone else to do so. It's probably a grey area when it comes to sharing links so I wouldn't do that publicly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Foiled...

Just wondering if all the bar-steward spammers you get on the Norwich City FB page would be caught with such a push.

• Like 1

Ive got my VPN set to Tillos house.😇 😇

Edited by wcorkcanary
Get out clause emoji attached 😜
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

UK-Police-Officer-with-Sepura-SC20-Radio

I think it is 2-1, hard to see on this stream

"Good afternoon, sir. We have reason to believe you are watching an illegal stream. Would you mind if we came in, sir.  Just to watch, my constable here is an avid Arsenal fan"

• Haha 2

In some ways it's best to crack down on the users as it will reduce demand for illegal streaming services. 

I'll admit to using such services but at the end of the day you are (probably) forcing up the price of Sky or BT subscriptions and ticket prices for real live games. Someone has to pay for player's wages.

39 minutes ago, Petriix said:

They are targeting people who pay for an illegal service because that's ultimately against the law. As far as I can tell it's not illegal in any way to simply watch a stream as long as you're not personally responsible for uploading or replicating it and you're not paying anyone else to do so. It's probably a grey area when it comes to sharing links so I wouldn't do that publicly.

I have argued this many times on here. The European Court ruled that by merely typing in a link that affords you access to watching a game is in itself not illegal. You are merely intercepting what is already out there. Those supplying that link and uploading are committing an illegal act. And the current upsurge in people selling firesticks with everything loaded on them or charging a yearly subscription, is causing the problem.

We were discussing it several months ago up the Golf Club. It was amazing how many were in the bar who were paying a subscription. Yet in most cases, all had SKY etc.

I pay for SKY and Prime each month. And of course, NCFC are on SKY quite often. But when not, I use a stream via a VPN but pay no money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

In some ways it's best to crack down on the users as it will reduce demand for illegal streaming services. 

I'll admit to using such services but at the end of the day you are (probably) forcing up the price of Sky or BT subscriptions and ticket prices for real live games. Someone has to pay for player's wages.

Or there should be a meeting of minds where a compromise is reached. Whereby those of us not able to get to Carrow Road (is there still a waiting list for season tickets?) or any away games could watch the matches. The current system of Ifollow is not fit for purpose or more than the £5 it was originally.

And those in the game such as clubs and players should not be so greedy. The latest Ronaldo farce is the perfect illustration of greed.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not so. If it was that easy to raise prices they would have already done so. Prices will only rise to what the market will bear, hence the £10 FA cup prices. What will happen is that any reduction in revenue will see a lowering of the fees bid for TV rights. No bad thing in the long term. However with the current economic climate many will be questioning why they are paying for some thing that is free and relatively easy to access.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Or there should be a meeting of minds where a compromise is reached. Whereby those of us not able to get to Carrow Road (is there still a waiting list for season tickets?) or any away games could watch the matches. The current system of Ifollow is not fit for purpose or more than the £5 it was originally.

And those in the game such as clubs and players should not be so greedy. The latest Ronaldo farce is the perfect illustration of greed.

I don't think it is greed. Tell me anyone who does not want to be paid more.  And when offered why should they turn it down. Older folk will still cough up, but I suspect more tech savvy younger (under 50s) fans will not. Not when it is free.There is also the thought those will then begrudge paying for any TV deal were it to be sorted, when it will undoubtedly still be free elsewhere.

Where I am now (SE Asia) my two usual sports streaming services have been  blocked.

I  won't mention their names to avoid adding  fuel to the  fire.

Have any  suddenly been blocked in the UK?

If this is a local thing, how come?

Edited by BroadstairsR

Let’s face it, everybody’s doing it, the police investigating it are doing it.

cry me a river, or a stream as it would appear.

The delivery method needs to be modernised, music did a great job in the end after a great amount of kicking and screaming in the early days but you modernise or die basically.

I can't be bothered with Premier League games any more. I even find listening on the radio annoys me.

Clearly our last two seasons of failure in the top flight have put me right off.

Pity they can’t stop all the illegal immigrants streaming into the UK

• Like 2

Rupert Murdoch basically stole the people's game and sold it back to us. I'm not going to lose any sleep over people watching dodgy streams.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Where I am now (SE Asia) my two usual sports streaming services have been  blocked.

I  won't mention their names to avoid adding  fuel to the  fire.

Have any  suddenly been blocked in the UK?

If this is a local thing, how come?

Yes. One has an FBI badge as its homepage.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Yes. One has an FBI badge as its homepage.

Think you'll find it's been taken by the American Homeland Security Investigations, aka ICE. They were made to protect the United States from the cross-border crime such as drug dealing and illegal immigration that threaten national security and public safety.. So obviously they must use their time, money and resources to stop people in Europe from watching Bolton V Forest Green.

• Like 1