There is a withdrawal clause in Bali's loan deal then.

Madness not to evoke it.

Perhpa some geinius, Webber feelsĀ  he needs more playing time. Well he should get it here considering the alternatives.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Sorry ... corrected.

Just the last few days my chomebookĀ  seems to have developd a mind of it's own. I'm forever correcting words.

• Haha 1

If Byram is out for any length of time it makes sense to bring back Mumba, he can play attacking wide right or right wing back. Cover on that side is definitely needed.

Add to that Wagners comment a few minutes ago that Sargent is best central striker we definitely need another player better than Sinani.

Of course it could be that weā€™ve also had an offer for Aaronā€™s!šŸ¤”

Edited by Indy

3 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Mumba has struggled defensively at times for Plymouth in League One. Not sure we need another full back who can't defend.

Hmmm Iā€™m not sure he canā€™t defendā€¦..but his stats are very impressive for top flying Plymouth 24 games, 4 goals and four assists! We need players who can create as well as defend, might be played wide attacking right?

Heā€™s been playing in a more attacking role, hasnā€™t he, and on the left? Ā Shows a good level of versatility.

Plymouth are at the binners this weekend, so letā€™s hope he helps them to a win, we can then recall him!

11 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Heā€™s been playing in a more attacking role, hasnā€™t he, and on the left? Ā Shows a good level of versatility.

Plymouth are at the binners this weekend, so letā€™s hope he helps them to a win, we can then recall him!

I thought it was on the right? But yes definitely more attacking position.

3 hours ago, Indy said:

I thought it was on the right? But yes definitely more attacking position.

Not sure if Iā€™m honest, I thoughtĀ I saw him on the left but have only seen them twice (once in the home game v the binners šŸ‘šŸ™‚)

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Sorry ... corrected.

Just the last few days my chomebookĀ  seems to have developd a mind of it's own. I'm forever correcting words.

No worries I fat thumb all the time šŸ˜‚

Just thought it was amusingĀ 

If he isn't going to play regularly (he certainly won't at Wingback ahead of our current 3 main options) then he should stay on loan.

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If he isn't going to play regularly (he certainly won't at Wingback ahead of our current 3 main options) then he should stay on loan.

I donā€™t disagree at all, but imagine the fuss if we get any injuriesā€¦.

Let him play against the binners, then head back here after the game. Save going all the way back down to Plymouth before heading back home.. Push him forward maybe as a winger doubling up and covering for Aarons as he flies forward.

If he's developing at Plymouth, leave him there.

We're not going to be promoted this year, anyway. He's one for the future.

• Like 2

You lose a bit of credibility in the loans market if as soon as your player does well you want to recall him.

Personally I'd rather he stays at Plymouth and makes life difficult for the scum.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not sure if Iā€™m honest, I thoughtĀ I saw him on the left but have only seen them twice (once in the home game v the binners šŸ‘šŸ™‚)

Deffo on the left the majority of the time.Ā 
image.png.855345c9ad40ed65b7a312d1fdac4f3a.png
Ā 

8 minutes ago, chicken said:

Deffo on the left the majority of the time.Ā 
image.png.855345c9ad40ed65b7a312d1fdac4f3a.png
Ā 

Ah, goodĀ stuff -Ā I believe Wagner is into inverted wingers, so maybe this will help. Ā Heā€™s done pretty well at Plymouth but itā€™s a bit of a step-up if we do bring him back. Ā Iā€™d beĀ inclined to leave him unless we get injuries in the next few games.Ā 

42 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Ah, goodĀ stuff -Ā I believe Wagner is into inverted wingers, so maybe this will help. Ā Heā€™s done pretty well at Plymouth but itā€™s a bit of a step-up if we do bring him back. Ā Iā€™d beĀ inclined to leave him unless we get injuries in the next few games.Ā 

Just glancing around at the situation as it stands including rumours.

We currently have four full backs, so unless that changes I don't see him being brought in to help there. It's possible Aarons could be on his way, but no solid rumours I have seen yet.

Wide midfield gets a bit more interesting. Currently we have: Hernandez (out of contract in the summer), Sinani (out of contract in the summer), Rowe (injured), Cantwell (out of contract in the summer and rumoured to be soldĀ to Rangers this month), Placheta (out injured and returned from Brum loan I believe) and Springett. You could add Dowell who has played there previously and of course (and out of contract in the summer), Sargent and Dowell who have also been used there.

Mumba is doing well, he's full of confidence, he's young, he has pace and he can play left or right. He can also cover full back areas if needed. I think a lot will come down to whether Wagner wants bodies in to ensure we have as much competition for places and rotation to ensure full energy for the high press, or if he thinks he has enough - or whether others are being brought in.

The scary fact of the matter is that as things stand, we go into next season with Placheta, Rowe and Springett as our only recognised wing players if Mumba is primarily seen as a full back/wing back.

As I've said before, I can see some of those out of contract being offered new contracts, but I could also see a clean sweep if money is there or generated to invest in new players.Ā 

Edit: I should have added that Rashica and Tzolis are also under contract but there are a lot of question marks right now about those two, not necessarily in their ability, but whether or not their experiences so far have been enough to want away permanently.Ā 

Edited by chicken

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

He offers a goal threat.

We currently can't score goals.

For me he gets the minutes that Sinani is currently getting, in attacking positions, and that is where his future in the game lies... as an attacking player.

Sinani is completely out of his depth, he's a League 2 player.Ā 

• Like 3

From wht I've seen of him (limited) I just don't see Mumba as a full-back, more a wing-back or even a winger.

He's had a successful half a season developmentĀ  in a lower legue. We are short of wide players, yet still have a hope of the play-offs.

I believe he would get game time at City.

Ā 

39 minutes ago, chicken said:

As I've said before, I can see some of those out of contract being offered new contracts, but I could also see a clean sweep if money is there or generated to invest in new players.Ā 

I'd honestly only want to keep Onel out of that lot, and Onel loves it here so I'm sure he'd be happy to fit into the new cloth cutting pay structure.Ā 

If Dowell had Stiepermanns stamina and determination he'd be a cracking player, but, well, he just doesn't does he so he can clear off.

Onel must stay, onel must stay, wooa wooa

Ps. We also have a 1 year option on Josh Martin, if Barnsley don't trigger the clause to make him perm.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'd honestly only want to keep Onel out of that lot, and Onel loves it here so I'm sure he'd be happy to fit into the new cloth cutting pay structure.Ā 

If Dowell had Stiepermanns stamina and determination he'd be a cracking player, but, well, he just doesn't does he so he can clear off.

Onel must stay, onel must stay, wooa wooa

Ps. You seem to have forgotten that Tsoliz and Rashica are still our players as things stand so will be back in the summer unless we sell. We also have a 1 year option on Josh Martin, if Barnsley don't trigger the clause to make him perm.

No, I edited waaaaay before your reply to say that I meant to include Tsoliz and Rashica.

Josh Martin - I you sure he has an option? Pretty sure he won't be here come next season.Ā 

Edit: Not according to this:Ā https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/josh-martin-signs-new-norwich-city-contract
The fee will be agreed compensation as he is U24 so wouldn't be available on a Bosman.Ā 

Edited by chicken

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

No, I edited waaaaay before your reply to say that I meant to include Tsoliz and Rashica.

Well I edited out the mention of Tsoliz and Rashica before you published your reply also.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well I edited out the mention of Tsoliz and Rashica before you published your reply also.

I wouldn't be surprised to se Tzolis backĀ Ā  he's very young and seems to have found some feet on loan.

Rashica was the biggest disappoitment for me, not least because of his glimmers of form, even at PL level yet disappointd in the Chumps

I'd settleĀ  for 5m anyday. Get him and his massive wagesĀ  gone

Ā 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He offers a goal threat.

We currently can't score goals.

For me he gets the minutes that Sinani is currently getting, in attacking positions, and that is where his future in the game lies... as an attacking player.

Sinani is completely out of his depth, he's a League 2 player.Ā 

Sinani's a strange one. He has some good skill, close control, difficult to knock off the ball & can score, but zero pace & he just doesn't seem that bothered. Neat & tidy but that's about it. Don't see the point of his being here if I'm honest.

7 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Sinani's a strange one. He has some good skill, close control, difficult to knock off the ball & can score, but zero pace & he just doesn't seem that bothered. Neat & tidy but that's about it. Don't see the point of his being here if I'm honest.

Based on what I've seen of him I can't think of a player who fits less into what Wagner generally likes to do- high pressing, lots of running etc. I imagine the cup game was a 'show me what you've got' to him and I don't think he showed a great deal.

The fact Webber/Wagner interview said let's forget about the past and label this a restart, I'm leaning towards a clearout.

I'd like Mumba back as he's playing well and hungry, and would add attacking threat, which we're lacking in atm (regardless of his defensive capabilities, and to be honest we can hardly argue about them in Mumba when the rest of our defense make goal gifting errors week in week out!)

Don't think Sinani or Placheta offer us anything and would like to see them shipped out. FeelĀ Cantwell and Rashica should be shipped out permanently this window as both have been missed more than they've been offered. Rash has shown no appetite to be hear and enjoys Gala, so hope they choose to deal rather than let that drift into summer. Might as well free up those wages for good asap.

Would like Onel & Tzolis to stay and hope we recall the latter to see how he gets on at EFL level under WagnerĀ 

31 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Unfortunately Luxembourg donā€™t have a great record in producing great footballers. He may be an international but the bar is set pretty low.