TheGoogler

Todd Cantwell to Rangers

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

To be fair, the Rangers manager was one of those "peddaling this tosh"

Also Rangers did want Mclean but SPL wages are not that of PL clubs or that of ChampsĀ 

Rangers might be able to afford say 30k a week for a star player but most will be on 10/15/20kĀ 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

PSV said to be interested now.Ā 

Think he'd be better off in the Eredivisie to be honest. Despite the Dutch being amongst the tallest people on earth it isn't a particularly physical league. In the SPL he'll get lumps kicked out of him and be up against teams that want to play the ball in the air constantly.

Makes a lot of sense in terms of a fresh start, to go back to the country where he broke through into senior football.Ā 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 3

On 13/01/2023 at 21:06, Ulfotto said:

Think it has obvious for a long time that Todd is not going to sign a new contract at Norwich.

Suspect it will all come out in the wash when he leaves. Webber will tell us what happened and then Cantwell will post some cryptic nonsense in reply.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

If his agent gets him a gig at PSV,Ā heā€™s the best in the business.

PSV are one of those sides like a lower-level Dortmund, gambling on potential then selling high. Todd could potentially be such a player, acquired for peanuts then if he has a good season flipped to someone for 15-20m (and if not, no big loss)

The only link which makes sense so far is Blackburn. Ā I really do not see why PSV would be interested even Rangers, does that really make sense? Ā Equally what do I know.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2023 at 18:20, CANARYKING said:

Hearing Wagnerā€™s comments this morning I doubt weā€™ll ever see Todd in a City shirt again.

Possibly something to do with Cantwell turning up 35 minutes late for the players first meeting with Wagner.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Possibly something to do with Cantwell turning up 35 minutes late for the players first meeting with Wagner.

Where did you hear this Til?

On 13/01/2023 at 18:10, TeemuVanBasten said:

Here's a list of players under his agent:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/elite-project-group-limited/beraterfirma/berater/5620

Worryingly you'll see another Norwich City player in the list.

Just noticed Josh Maja as well, his exit from Sunderland was controversial also wasn't it and his career has gone backwards, booed off the pitch on loan at Stoke and sent back to France.

Interesting to see Benny Ashley-Seal on that list too, remember him? Was highly touted here, then left us on a free to move on to 'bigger and better things'. Signed for Wolves, never got a sniff there, had an unsuccessful spell in Portugal, then played over 1,000 minutes in League One without scoring a single goal. Just been let go by the Finnish club he'd been at for the last six months.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Ah, but Iā€™m sure it wasnā€™t Toddā€™s fault. šŸ˜‚

6 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

TicTok videos to upload, the club just donā€™t get it.Ā 

• Like 1

Go to Eindhoven Todd. Wonderful city, a really nice area, goodĀ food, and friendlyĀ people. PlusĀ they speak English. Or go to Glasgow...Ā 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Comment from My cousin Rangers Season ticket holderĀ 

" You need nerves of steel to play in Glasgow. There is no place to hide."

that will start well as Todd turns up 35 mins late in his Lambo first day !!

Todd got his career going in the first place over in Dutch football so it would probably be a good move for him.

Either way, in the kindest possible way, I wish heā€™d hurry up and **** off now, bored of hearing about him leaving. Itā€™s been over 2 years of it and heā€™s provided next to nothing back to the club in that time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Newtopia said:

The only link which makes sense so far is Blackburn. Ā I really do not see why PSV would be interested even Rangers, does that really make sense? Ā Equally what do I know.

It can not make sense to you but I mean, the rangers manager has literally been commenting on it confirming they're interested sooooo....Screenshot_20230115_211542_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bc5904e0f5aa6f2f34b1766a6bbf57fe.jpgĀ 

Ā 

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Either way, in the kindest possible way, I wish heā€™d hurry up and **** off now, bored of hearing about him leaving. Itā€™s been over 2 years of it and heā€™s provided next to nothing back to the club in that time.

Same.

Looking forward to the end of the saga.

Actually hope he does well, especially if he leaves in Jan and we have a decent sell on clause, but time to cut him loose and to move on.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

It was us horrible lot who dare to criticize him, he'd overheard someone talking about him not playing and had to have a meltdown in his Lambo and go for a spa before attending a silly meeting that could have been an email šŸ˜‰

Just hurry up and go now, was really hoping he'd be the new chosen one when he burst into our scene but as it is It's about time that number 14 went to someone who deserves it, todd couldn't lace up wes' boots at this point unfortunately.Ā 

Wish him well going forward but what a waste.Ā 

11 hours ago, kick it off said:

It can not make sense to you but I mean, the rangers manager has literally been commenting on it confirming they're interested sooooo....Screenshot_20230115_211542_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bc5904e0f5aa6f2f34b1766a6bbf57fe.jpgĀ 

Ā 

This is good news, letā€™s hope it turns into an actual offer, perhaps the others are true too so we might get some cash. Ā I am nervous as there is no mention of ā€˜buyingā€™him, suspect that is behind the club looking for more interest. Ā I will just be delighted when we arenā€™t talking about him or hoping he performs well in a Norwich shirt. Ā 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Assuming that is true there is no positive interpretation of that, I guess it could be traffic but that is an easy win for a new manager looking to set out a marker on what is acceptable and what is not.

11 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Assuming that is true there is no positive interpretation of that, I guess it could be traffic but that is an easy win for a new manager looking to set out a marker on what is acceptable and what is not.

He's made the journey from Dereham to Colney for God knows how many years. If anything he should have been 35 mins early for the new manager.

I guess this all means he won't be training with the first team squad again, especially if the rumours of other Championship clubs being interested are true.

I mean, the transfer window is open and clubs are hardly busting a gut to get him.

• Like 2

In an interview last year he was asked "premier league or champions league?" and he answered "champions league", which gives a good reason why he might be attracted to Scotland.Ā 

I hope he does ok wherever he goes, but as a fan who generally likes to follow our ex-players exploits, he won't be one that will be of any interest to me.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

In an interview last year he was asked "premier league or champions league?" and he answered "champions league", which gives a good reason why he might be attracted to Scotland.Ā 

I hope he does ok wherever he goes, but as a fan who generally likes to follow our ex-players exploits, he won't be one that will be of any interest to me.

Well I hope he enjoys the Europa league which is the competition where the old firm can really make their mark.

I canā€™t ever remember anyone whoā€™s been so talented losing their way for two full years and four managers have tried to get him back on track yet all failed at two different clubs.

I get the impression Todd is a genuinely nice guy but lacks the discipline and motivation to fulfil his potential, I think heā€™s made his money and laziness has set in. Iā€™m surprised anyone would seriously want to bring a player of his character into a club, it has the potential to cause a few dressing room issues.

The lad needs to listen to a few good trusting people and regain his focus and drive, he could be a hell of a player.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Indy said:

I canā€™t ever remember anyone whoā€™s been so talented losing their way for two full years and four managers have tried to get him back on track yet all failed at two different clubs.

I get the impression Todd is a genuinely nice guy but lacks the discipline and motivation to fulfil his potential, I think heā€™s made his money and laziness has set in. Iā€™m surprised anyone would seriously want to bring a player of his character into a club, it has the potential to cause a few dressing room issues.

The lad needs to listen to a few good trusting people and regain his focus and drive, he could be a hell of a player.

Deli Ali

• Like 1