TheGoogler

Todd Cantwell to Rangers

2 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

But there are also most of the club supporters whom have seen his petulance, his no shows

I don't know if you go to matches or not, but he used to get a **** load of abuse from home fans some games.  Purely for his looks.  And it would continue online too.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2

Has there been any indication of when he will go, assuming he is off to Rangers.  I am assuming it would be at the end of the season for free, but if he is not playing currently is there any reason he would not go earlier?  I assume Rangers have no reason to pay to get him earlier.

BTW - it is a great opportunity for him if it happens, I just hope he is ready for the challenge.

Edited by Newtopia

8 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

I don't think there are many doubting his ability. But there are also most of the club supporters who have seen his petulance and his no shows. So there is nothing for him to ram down supporters throats. The problems have been of his own making, as a loan at Bournemouth demonstrated. He was away from NCFC and still the 'awkwardness' continued.

What proof do you have that he was petulant and if he was, was he any more than other players?

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

What proof do you have that he was petulant and if he was, was he any more than other players?

His behaviour, the unexplained no shows. I have nothing against him as a person and wanted him to succeed, but you need mental strength to stay at the top. He has shown he lacks that, time and time again. And where was he Sunday ?

31 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

I wonder how the medical goes? He has been injured a lot over the past season and a half 😉

Depends if it involves key stage one.

If he does go really hope it rekindles his career and he goes on to reach his full potential. Have enjoyed watching him play on many occasions, the sort of player that can single handedly change a game .Good luck 👍

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I have to say I love Todd, and it is rare to get anyone from the club openly talking negatively about players, but DF said “Sadly I have to say with Todd the last couple of months, I can’t remember one full training week when he was available for the full week. He has missed too many sessions for personal reasons, or problems with his Achilles and ankle.

Again nothing really negative was said, but before the Swansea game, Todd asked DS to be left out as he did not feel ready.  It is tricky as you have to read between the lines, but if I was Dean or Daniel, this would not be great.

10 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

His behaviour, the unexplained no shows. I have nothing against him as a person and wanted him to succeed, but you need mental strength to stay at the top. He has shown he lacks that, time and time again. And where was he Sunday ?

I've seen nothing of the sort. He's been dropped, nothing else. The 'petulance' has been nothing other than a refusal to sign a deal for lower wages than he was willing to accept. If anything it's Webber's petulance that's kept him out of the team. If he'd been offered a decent wage which reflected his value to the team then things would have been very different. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I've seen nothing of the sort. He's been dropped, nothing else. The 'petulance' has been nothing other than a refusal to sign a deal for lower wages than he was willing to accept. If anything it's Webber's petulance that's kept him out of the team. If he'd been offered a decent wage which reflected his value to the team then things would have been very different. 

Many players will be out of contract at the end of season but have not downed tools 

If this is true Todd signed a contract till end of season not to play until he receives a new offer that he things is good enough 

he should be playing now and in the past because he was contracted to 

10 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Many players will be out of contract at the end of season but have not downed tools 

If this is true Todd signed a contract till end of season not to play until he receives a new offer that he things is good enough 

he should be playing now and in the past because he was contracted to 

I'm not the one saying he's 'downed tools'. I just think he hurt Webber's ego so he's been frozen out. 

Good luck if he goes. I couldn’t care less in respect to what he had provided us over the last 3 seasons. He is not the kind of player that can inject creativity without a truly creative player alongside him doing the majority of the work. He shined alongside Buendia, because Buendia dominated midfields and was the real threat other championship teams tried to stop. This invariably gave Cantwell time and space he just hadn’t had since. He has looked more ‘interested’ with his cameo role this season but being busy and running about is not the remit of a creative midfielder. Goals and assists are key and he hasn’t provided a single one of either for two years, for us or Bournemouth. Hope he does make something of himself up there as otherwise he will have to try and keep dining out on half a season (6 games to be honest) of overhype. 

Not bothered at all.

It will be sad to see him go. Good luck to the lad. It's a brutal league but there's a chance he will win a trophy and play European football, something he'll never do if he stays here.

Never mind we've still got Sinani...

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It will be sad to see him go. Good luck to the lad. It's a brutal league but there's a chance he will win a trophy and play European football, something he'll never do if he stays here.

Never mind we've still got Sinani...

No Sinani, no poonani

Sinani is ****e. Cantwell? I always wanted him to do well. But much like Do-well he hasn’t for a long time. It’s a shame, the club clearly invested in him for years; he was “best in club” throughout is academy career, broke the first team and was - in some quarters - talked about in the same conversations as the likes of Grealish and Mount.

I think he had that in his locker, perhaps not £100m footballer, well, definitely not, but he is a very talented player. Yet he finds a way to grind the gears of everyone he plays for. Bournemouth loved him for about ten minutes. Every manager drops him out. Much like every manager always went back to Wes, back to Tettey, back to the bloody Doc back in the day.

Im not sure what the issue is, I wish he’d been everything he could have been here. But it hasn’t happened and if Rangers is the destination, well, let’s see how he deals with that cauldron! They farmed us a bit, back in the day, but if Todd struggles with being the local hero, I’ll be interested to see how he handles that particular Glaswegian bear pit.

You’re winners or **** all there. No prisoners. Ooooh we came second but 17 points behind Celtic… yeah, good luck Todd!

When all said and done though, he’s a terrifically talented footballer and we produced him. I hope he tears it up, scores 836649 goals against whoever and does us proud.

If he signs for the Binners I take it all back and he can **** ***. 

• Like 3

If Todd can not impress Farke, Dean Smith or grab his chance at Bournemouth, I see little evidence he will succeed in the mad house that is Glaswegian football. 

Failed miserably to become the main man when Buendià left at his "beloved Norwich".

Best he goes.

Lamb to the slaughter?

Ok. Other youngsters have gained from a spell in Scotland, but more will be expected from one who singles himself out the way  Todd does.

13 hours ago, Newtopia said:

I have to say I love Todd, and it is rare to get anyone from the club openly talking negatively about players, but DF said “Sadly I have to say with Todd the last couple of months, I can’t remember one full training week when he was available for the full week. He has missed too many sessions for personal reasons, or problems with his Achilles and ankle.

Again nothing really negative was said, but before the Swansea game, Todd asked DS to be left out as he did not feel ready.  It is tricky as you have to read between the lines, but if I was Dean or Daniel, this would not be great.

Thats fair enough. I hadn't seen that from DF. I know Smith said some words but I believe they were mutual agreements.

We aren't all the same. And there is no one size fits all. I have my own opinion that at the time of speculation he wanted a big money move and didn't get it. Whose fault that was is also unknown.

Just a shame that we get a local lad with talent, someone to really be proud of and it didn't last long enough.

12 hours ago, Petriix said:

I'm not the one saying he's 'downed tools'. I just think he hurt Webber's ego so he's been frozen out. 

it is strange i think it might be about contract but runs much deeper 

Webber has not stopped others or frozen others who are out of contract in summer playing 

others were not sent on loan 

others did not stop playing under Farke then Smith then Parker 

something is up i hope he gets it sorted out 

Chris Woods  ,Kevin Drinkell ,Dale Gordon.....Todd Cantwell

Used to anger me that we would lose players to Rangers in no small part due to the ban on English clubs in Europe

..at least we got Robert Fleck in return

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Thats fair enough. I hadn't seen that from DF. I know Smith said some words but I believe they were mutual agreements.

We aren't all the same. And there is no one size fits all. I have my own opinion that at the time of speculation he wanted a big money move and didn't get it. Whose fault that was is also unknown.

Just a shame that we get a local lad with talent, someone to really be proud of and it didn't last long enough.

distant Family member / also a player who is in the in the youth / reserves set up at the same club as Farke says he can not do enough phones him up once a week etc 

says Farke is such a nice bloke so he would not have said that lightly 

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

..at least we got Robert Fleck in return

Don't forget Whittaker!  I remember the new (post liquidation) owners having a meltdown about him leaving to join us, and saying how they'll be in Europe way before us!  (How right they were lol).

Todd's in demand! This should cheer him up...

"Norwich City have turned down an offer from a Championship rival for Todd Cantwell, according to a report. Sky Sports claim the Canaries hierarchy have rejected an offer from an unnamed second-tier side amid suggestions Scottish giants Rangers are also keen on the 24-year-old."

From the Pink'un ..

I can't believe we're turning down actual money for him at this stage of his contract, unless we're setting up a bidding war!

Anyway he's just put this picture on his Insta. Maybe he's going to PSG

Screenshot_20230110_115330_Instagram.jpg

I like Todd and I have defended him on here when people have made snide comments about his hair and his masculinity/sexuality.

I hope he is ok as a person first and foremost, and if he is also able to resurrect his career, either here or elsewhere, that’s a bonus.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Todd's in demand! This should cheer him up...

"Norwich City have turned down an offer from a Championship rival for Todd Cantwell, according to a report. Sky Sports claim the Canaries hierarchy have rejected an offer from an unnamed second-tier side amid suggestions Scottish giants Rangers are also keen on the 24-year-old."

From the Pink'un ..

Perhaps it was a derisory offer that made Webber think  his services for the rest of the season (??) are of more value?

Unlikely.

This  could mean that the Rangers interest is more advanced than we are led to believe OR that Todd has indicated he is willing to sign another.