TheGoogler

Todd Cantwell to Rangers

21 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I can not see young Todd going around castle milk or Easter house handing out presents from his Lamborghini 

He’s 24 now, at some point we are going to have to stop referring to him as “young Todd” . Always been a big fan but sadly coming round to the idea that’s this is going to be a wasted talent, I wonder what a manager like Brian Clough would have been able to do with him.

36 minutes ago, Van wink said:

He’s 24 now, at some point we are going to have to stop referring to him as “young Todd” . Always been a big fan but sadly coming round to the idea that’s this is going to be a wasted talent, I wonder what a manager like Brian Clough would have been able to do with him.

Sadly i think Farke Smith Parker maybe some retired pros around the club ? Hucks Eadie ?  have spoken to him 

means nothing got to come from todd 

i am Sure NCFC have given him as much help in any area he needs he was worth a lot of money it was in the clubs interest to get him right 

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

I can not see young Todd going around castle milk or Easter house handing out presents from his Lamborghini 

I can, but i cant see him coming back with the Lamborghini.  

• Haha 4

I for one will be sorry to see him go. Rangers games are always on the TV so will be tuning in to see how he does, assuming he does actually go there.

Apart from when they play Celtic, he should be MOM every week up there as long as Rangers play someone who can protect him. I am reminded of Dale Gordon doing a similar thing at the same age. 

Question for all the "he'll be playing for Kings Lynn next season" lot: do you think Rangers is a step up or down from us, or do you think you might have underestimated his ability at all? 

Good luck to him. Prob similar to a certain C.Martin in needing to get out of his Norfolk bubble. 

If he's willing to get out-of his comfort zine then good in him. 

2 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Question for all the "he'll be playing for Kings Lynn next season" lot: do you think Rangers is a step up or down from us, or do you think you might have underestimated his ability at all? 

Rangers will suit him. 

But let’s remember, moving to Rangers and the SPL will be like playing for a top Championship side in League One every week. Which is his level, IMO.

Rangers is a step up in terms of club prestige and probably wages, plus the prospect of European football, but very much a step down in terms of the quality he’ll face. 

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

From a club status angle Rangers is a significant step up but............his decision-making(or his agent's) hasn't been of the best over the past 2 or 3 seasons,has it? 

Only time will tell but as others have observed ....time is now running away for him to make a decent fist of his career.

2 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

From a club status angle Rangers is a significant step up but............his decision-making(or his agent's) hasn't been of the best over the past 2 or 3 seasons,has it? 

Only time will tell but as others have observed ....time is now running away for him to make a decent fist of his career.

Do you really think it's all down to him?

Maybe the way his position was entirely removed from our system had a tiny bit to do with it? 

• Like 1

Have said for years he is a waste of space have once again been proven right. Christ it is hard being right all the time 

Hopefully he drops that dreadful jafraican accent hrs somehow managed to pick up as well.

If he was from London fine... But he's from Dereham and sounds a right twa-t

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

Do you really think it's all down to him?

Maybe the way his position was entirely removed from our system had a tiny bit to do with it? 

Petrix,I'm sure that there are numerous factors at play not least that which you point out re his position.Nevertheless,genuinely good players should find ways to adapt .............or move on.

21 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Rangers will suit him. 

But let’s remember, moving to Rangers and the SPL will be like playing for a top Championship side in League One every week. Which is his level, IMO.

Rangers is a step up in terms of club prestige and probably wages, plus the prospect of European football, but very much a step down in terms of the quality he’ll face. 

In this year's Championship?!

I think it’s a real shame. Clearly a talent, clearly also incredibly unreliable/fragile.

What has caused the fractured nature of his career over the last two seasons Id love to know from his perspective, regardless it never looked like ever being repaired so probably best thing for all parties.

I'm sure the Glasgow Rangers support will be gentle with him if he has a downturn in form....They're very forgiving and will take him under their wing....

• Haha 1

Why an earth would they pay for him when they could wait a few months?  I guess the fear is that he could go to a Championship/Prem side for more money once available on a free perhaps?

If we get money for him, it's a bonus.  Cause let's face it, he's a **** tease when it comes to us and the manager... Says all the right things, posts about how he loves the club, does things around the community, and then just goes missing on match day and we haven't a clue why.

Really like the guy as well, so overall will be quite gutted that he rotted here for so long before going.  Big part of why this season and last has been ****e, he was supposed to be the one that took some slack of Emi leaving.

• Like 1

This is Another chance for him and a good one maybe even his last 

if he plays like we all know he can he will be a Hero up there 

massive passionate support 

Its a big disappointment for me. He did show us how good a player he was and he thrived with Emi and Teemu. Just maybe the club has let him down.

If he does go, I hope he rams it back down the doubters throats.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Why an earth would they pay for him when they could wait a few months?  I guess the fear is that he could go to a Championship/Prem side for more money once available on a free perhaps?

If we get money for him, it's a bonus.  Cause let's face it, he's a **** tease when it comes to us and the manager... Says all the right things, posts about how he loves the club, does things around the community, and then just goes missing on match day and we haven't a clue why.

Really like the guy as well, so overall will be quite gutted that he rotted here for so long before going.  Big part of why this season and last has been ****e, he was supposed to be the one that took some slack of Emi leaving.

Maybe Rangers will pay a small fee to get him in the door and settled ready for next season 

like you say do not want to leave it till Summer unless he can sign tomorrow a pre contract and then come back here ?

16 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its a big disappointment for me. He did show us how good a player he was and he thrived with Emi and Teemu. Just maybe the club has let him down.

If he does go, I hope he rams it back down the doubters throats.

I don't think there are many doubting his ability. But there are also most of the club supporters who have seen his petulance and his no shows. So there is nothing for him to ram down supporters throats. The problems have been of his own making, as a loan at Bournemouth demonstrated. He was away from NCFC and still the 'awkwardness' continued.

Edited by PockthorpePete
  • Like 1