TheGoogler

Todd Cantwell to Rangers

Is it possible that there's very little fee and instead we've got a sell-on clause tucked away instead?  I mean, we only really lose 'if' he does gain form and then kicks off and progresses to be that 20m+ player again.   So that'd make sense to me.

22 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I do feel that if wed supported him more, got behind him more, hed have outperformed anyone ,anywhere , and if we'd have appreciated the quality of Dean  and  let him improve Todd , like he did  the rest of the squad, hed be goung to PSG for 55million, but we didn't cheer enough.....

@TeemuVanBasten @nutty nigel

€50 being transferrred in a mo.😇👌

1740. Done.... not sure how long it'll  take Nuttyo but ive had confirmation  of transfer. 👌

The Euros arrived this morning. Thanks so much Corkio. I've updated the totals...

1107183285_Signaturetotals-24Jan23.jpg.00b444430a3f6c6b696f525ec923173d.jpg

You can see that half the money we raise comes from pledges and donations which is why I always say Pink Un Pickers / Pink Un Posters we are all PUPs. 

@wcorkcanary

@TeemuVanBasten

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spencer 1970 said:

Oh so paper that broke the story that he was going there a few weeks ago have got the fee so badly wrong and should have checked with you? Dont you think that his fee could have been something like they've mentioned as a) already a snip, and b) wanted to make sure they got him over another club? I've no idea and would be so bold to guess and state it like a fact. 

Wasn't it the Sun that 'broke' that fee? They say a lot of things. I'll wait for a Michael Bailey or somebody to comment.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Is it possible that there's very little fee and instead we've got a sell-on clause tucked away instead?  I mean, we only really lose 'if' he does gain form and then kicks off and progresses to be that 20m+ player again.   So that'd make sense to me.

I think this is likely. 

On 08/01/2023 at 13:45, Petriix said:

He's still vastly better than Hernandez, Sinani, Sara and Nunez. It's nothing to do with his attitude, he's been frozen out because Webber doesn't like him and he refused to sign a new contract. I've got a feeling he's going to make a lot of people look pretty stupid after he finally gets his move.

We should have been building the team around him after Buendia left. Instead we removed his position from our formation. He's the perfect demonstration of what's gone wrong at the club. 

The club's sporting director Stuart Webber said: “It is always a poignant day when one of our own leaves the football club. Todd has been a terrific servant to both the club and our wider community and has shared some incredible highs with the football club.

“We all wish him well in this next step and have no doubt he will have a successful career. Todd and his family will forever be a part of Norwich City and will be welcome back anytime.”

All at Norwich City wish Todd the very best with his future career.

So many people just lie like flat fish

🤔🙃

If the rumours about Cashin are right and we are shelling out £1.1m for him, then this does kind of underpin we received £1.5m for Todd, based on Richens' previous assertion that any incomings this January window had to be financed by outgoings. 

But this is all guessing...

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

Wasn't it the Sun that 'broke' that fee? They say a lot of things. I'll wait for a Michael Bailey or somebody to comment.

I think this is likely. 

I'd rather wait for Good News Gordon to confirm it .................or someone at ASDA 

6 hours ago, shefcanary said:
  •  
  • isolated comments at Carrow Road from the crowd affected him, he feels the Norwich crowd was not as supportive as it could be, individual comments weren't drowned out by the general hubbub which he feels could be a benefit of playing at Ibrox

LYB is Todd Cantwell and I claim my £10 

• Haha 1

"Hubbub" would be a great name for @cambridgeshire canary's Copy and Paste intelligence centre.  He'd have a swingy chair planted dead-centre of the room, and super high tech terminals all blinking away in unison as his hawk like eyes picks out the wheat from the chaff.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Google Bot said:

"Hubbub" would be a great name for @cambridgeshire canary's Copy and Paste intelligence centre.  He'd have a swingy chair planted dead-centre of the room, and super high tech terminals all blinking away in unison as his hawk like eyes picks out the wheat from the chaff.

The trouble is he then posts the chaff…

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

LYB is Todd Cantwell and I claim my £10 

LYB is like one of those women who starts a relationship with a death row inmate.

Any sane human would know what they are doing  is futile.  

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

The frustration for me is as well as losing a very good player, all we've done is move him off the wage bill. We should have been looking at additional £m's to add to the transfer pot. Instead they just fell off the side of the conveyor belt.

Yes, it is a pity we haven’t gained some extra money from this move but he was free in the first place.

Unlike some of those waste-of-spaces like Naismith, Drmic, Rashica, etc, etc

IMG-4116.jpg

Been looking at what the excited Rangers fans have been posting and they made a thread about his shoes. Best comments

"Brothel Creepers"

"Dereham is the Paris of the United Kingdom when it comes to fashion. Todd was wearing Alice bands whilst Jack Grealish was still kicking around in the Under 12s.This summer you are going to see kids in £645 trainers with long blonde hair held out of their eyes with an alice band."

"Red Foot of Ulster"

Edited by KiwiScot

Can we forget about Cantwell now?

It seems some on here (or the parallel Cantwell thread) are fixated on him - like a jilted lover unable to move on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiwiScot said:

IMG-4116.jpg

Been looking at what the excited Rangers fans have been posting and they made a thread about his shoes. Best comments

"Brothel Creepers"

"Dereham is the Paris of the United Kingdom when it comes to fashion. Todd was wearing Alice bands whilst Jack Grealish was still kicking around in the Under 12s.This summer you are going to see kids in £645 trainers with long blonde hair held out of their eyes with an alice band."

"Red Foot of Ulster"

They are not impressed by his Fashion 

Did he have a Spiderman outfit on underneath his clothes?

Does he have verrucas?

Cancel the contract ffs

Hope to fck he can play if he insists on dressing like that

My dad would have slapped me about if I turned up to sign for Rangers in a pair of joggies never mind what he has on his feet.

With these belters, the Alice band, & the Tik Tok dancing I can't take much more tomfoolery...

i hope he plays well up there if not he will be known more about his fashion than his football 

He has Talent and i hope he makes it up in Glasgow but that is one goldfish bowl of a place with half the city hating you for a start  

Not Todd's fault he's been photoshopped of course.................(unless he spent his last week at Norwich in the gym with John Rowe 🙂 ).

Celtic on Cantwell.PNG

Edited by Thirsty Lizard
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

IMG-4116.jpg

"Brothel Creepers"

"Red Foot of Ulster"

And Cantwell says that he thinks the Norwich crowd didn't support him enough and less than 24 hours in to his new club and rangers fans are already mocking him and teasing him.

This won't end well..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

IMG-4116.jpg

"Brothel Creepers"

"Red Foot of Ulster"

Which Rangers site are those beauties from? 

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Celtic fans are going to love him. 

There was a clip on the rangers forum of us playing Celtic and Todd beating 2 men. Of course we lost that game.

21 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I've just read a very nice message from Jordan Hugill.

Did Todd have anything nice to say about us in parting?

He posted a 1m30s video of his time at Norwich. No words, but assume that was his thanks to the club.

Local welcome wagon and her dungeon has been wheeled out for Todd.

FnQMbqlWIAAfU1N.jpg.db5e39e65dd4e61a9f11dc8f95f79101.jpg

Edited by KiwiScot

Todd has the fresh start he wants, his best answer to any fan issues, is to let his football do the talking. That has always been the case, but he is at a level of football and situation that should suit him - in a strong team, often playing matches against weaker opponents with a smattering of bigger matches - and the opportunity to play in Europe too. Just needs to get out there and play as he knows and we know he can.

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Todd has the fresh start he wants, his best answer to any fan issues, is to let his football do the talking. That has always been the case, but he is at a level of football and situation that should suit him - in a strong team, often playing matches against weaker opponents with a smattering of bigger matches - and the opportunity to play in Europe too. Just needs to get out there and play as he knows and we know he can.

i agree Lakey

just seems Todd brings that Attention to himself 

Some people like that but i think Todd is to fragile to deal with the Negative stuff 

people can look and dress how they want it is part of the person and if they want to dress like that fair enough 

but i think Todd would not get as much Attention or comments if he say shaved his hair and had a smart clothes on say a Jacket and shoes on 

what he wears has Nothing to do with how he plays or what talent he has at all 

but it leads to people having a opinion of him and is he a flash harry is he more worried about image than his football before he even kicks a ball 

Rangers is totally different his red shoes have had comments about the red in the Ulster flag ( thats crazy ) on the Rangers forum thats how careful you have to be there about upseting the fanbase it is a crazy passionate place and you will be under the microscope 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

what he wears has Nothing to do with how he plays or what talent he has at all 

but it leads to people having a opinion of him and is he a flash harry is he more worried about image than his football before he even kicks a ball 

Yes, it can be seen like that. At the start of the the match against West Ham where we were relegated, watching the players as they came out of the tunnel, they were all looking serious, all looked like they meant business - and there was Todd with a fancy new braided hairstyle. My reaction was annoyance at him apparently spending so much time and thought on his appearance, when all that should have been on his mind was the football. It was an incongruous image.

I understood a bit more afterwards, when it was explained that maybe it was such an important match that he went to a special effort to get ready with a new hairstyle.....but then that is at odds with a lot of us perhaps 40s and over men, who maybe can't really relate to that. Then there was that image at the end.......sitting in the centre circle all on his own.....because he was distraught he said.....but that again was an image difficult to forget. Most of us understand it - he is young, trend setting, sees himself as having many follwowers, but with that comes the opposite - those that will see him as someone they can't relate to. 

So is it image or substance....or both?

In football and at Rangers he will get away with his image only if he is good on the pitch.

Edited by lake district canary

32 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So is it image or substance....or both?

In football and at Rangers he will get away with his image only if he is good on the pitch.

That was the point 

Todd has to be good because of his image 

that putting pressure on himself ( maybe he needs it ) before he even starts playing football ,

you get players who  blend in and ones that stand out for image ,

Todd is one of those instead of a Hanley , Gunn , Aarons ,Pukki or most of our squad to be honest ,

Nothing wrong with having a stand out Image but like you said you have to be very good 

• Like 1

It's a sad indictment of football supporters (and society in general) that any kind of individualism, particularly in appearance, is considered fair game for scrutiny and, therefore, abuse. What you call 'standing out' is simply not doing the thing that everyone else does and shaving your hair off. Discriminating against someone for their hair is not particularly different to focusing on other physical features like skin colour (although it's important to acknowledge that hairism hasn't led to such a significant amount of oppression and violence).

Ultimately people are getting far too fixated on image and their perception of how a footballer is supposed to look. It's a highly destructive attitude. The majority of us did not have to grow up under anywhere near the level of scrutiny that today's young people experience. What you might call attention seeking is actually just the normal expectation on someone of that generation: to regularly publish images of themselves on social media. It's incredibly hard for them to navigate, especially if they have any deviation from neurotypical.

This whole Cantwell saga has been turned into a circus by people who love seeing drama. I imagine it's actually far more innocuous than people think. Just a young player getting a bit of bad advice, not knowing how to fit into a changed system which no longer suited [his] strengths and losing confidence. Add in a falling out with the boss, some mental health struggles and a generally negative environment around the club and it's totally understandable that he wanted to move on.

It's pretty abhorrent that people are still scrutinising his appearance after he's left, some outwardly willing fans at his new club to pick up the bullying where we left off. Those doing so need to have a long think about the sort of world they're creating. Do you really want everyone to look and act the same for fear of going against the grain?

Cantwell was an excellent player for Norwich. We probably didn't see the best of him and things probably could have been handled better from all sides. I hope that he finds success and fulfillment at his new club.

Edited by Petriix
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Petriix said:

It's a sad indictment of football supporters (and society in general) that any kind of individualism, particularly in appearance, is considered fair game for scrutiny and, therefore, abuse. What you call 'standing out' is simply not doing the thing that everyone else does and shaving your hair off. Discriminating against someone for their hair is not particularly different to focusing on other physical features like skin colour (although it's important to acknowledge that hairism hasn't led to such a significant amount of oppression and violence).

Ultimately people are getting far too fixated on image and their perception of how a footballer is supposed to look. It's a highly destructive attitude. The majority of us did not have to grow up under anywhere near the level of scrutiny that today's young people experience. What you might call attention seeking is actually just the normal expectation on someone of that generation: to regularly publish images of themselves on social media. It's incredibly hard for them to navigate, especially if they have any deviation from neurotypical.

This whole Cantwell saga has been turned into a circus by people who love seeing drama. I imagine it's actually far more innocuous than people think. Just a young player getting a bit of bad advice, not knowing how to fit into a changed system which no longer suited hs strengths and losing confidence. Add in a falling out with the boss, some mental health struggles and a generally negative environment around the club and it's totally understandable that he wanted to move on.

It's pretty abhorrent that people are still scrutinising his appearance after he's left, some outwardly willing fans at his new club to pick up the bullying where we left off. Those doing so need to have a long think about the sort of world they're creating. Do you really want everyone to look and act the same for fear of going against the grain?

Cantwell was an excellent player for Norwich. We probably didn't see the best of him and things probably could have been handled better from all sides. I hope that he finds success and fulfillment at his new club.

Really well said

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Petriix said:

This whole Cantwell saga has been turned into a circus by people who love seeing drama. I imagine it's actually far more innocuous than people think. Just a young player getting a bit of bad advice, not knowing how to fit into a changed system which no longer suited hs strengths and losing confidence. Add in a falling out with the boss, some mental health struggles and a generally negative environment around the club and it's totally understandable that he wanted to move on.

See Jacob and Josh Murphy too. I think one of them mentioned in the press they were fed up with the BS they received whilst at Norwich who contributed to them leaving. Can’t remember which twin said it. But yes, you’re quite right, people love to chastise and berate and drama seek. Probably because they’re unsatisfied in their own lives. 

• Like 1