TheGoogler

Todd Cantwell to Rangers

23 minutes ago, mrdi said:

I always think you have to be a particular type of (sports)person to choose No.13. The first one who springs to mind is Pastor Maldonado. 

I still find it weird an outfield player wearing 13. Always associate it with the sub keeper. 

44 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

The Sun (I know?!) are saying "in the region of £1.5m...still better than zip in 5 months.

Considering he'd be free in the summer it'll be nowhere near that.  Couple of hundred grand at most.

Glad to see the back of him, there was clearly an issue which a number of managers couldn't sort out. It's a massive shame we neither cashed in at a decent level or got the full potential out of him performance wise. I can't bring myself to wish him well, he gave us a couple of good seasons then went missing to the teams detriment. Rangers may be a big club, but there's not many players that would see a move to Scotland as a step up.

For all the talk of people saying they want to move on, you know that some of them won’t. They’ll be waiting for the first chance they can to stick the boot in again 🙁(Sad face emoji)

Edited by Mr Angry
Emoji

Bit surreal for me now he is just a stones throw away.

Edited by KiwiScot

I wish him well. Too many times with our club, the moaners pick on a home grown player and expect him to put in more than others. No slack for them even though they cost little.

So he is built like a couple of pipe cleaners. So he does get knocked around. Never mind his skill or his ability to play well with better players such as Emi instead of last season's appalling midfield.

Good luck Todd.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, OnDaBall said:

Glad to see the back of him, there was clearly an issue which a number of managers couldn't sort out. It's a massive shame we neither cashed in at a decent level or got the full potential out of him performance wise. I can't bring myself to wish him well, he gave us a couple of good seasons then went missing to the teams detriment. Rangers may be a big club, but there's not many players that would see a move to Scotland as a step up.

He went missing because we sold our better players and obviously promised him the earth to stay. We missed out for us and him.

Aaron's is a part of a the same team, and didn't behave like Cantwell, yes both him and the team are probably at fault, but when Max eventually moves, I would wish him well for the future.

"talent like Gilmour" 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

BREATHE ....

TALENT..... GILMOUR!!! 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA 

oh damn I think I wet myself. 

Screenshot_20230123-194208~2.png

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Haha 1

Everything’s been covered in this thread but have to say I’m gutted that he has left. Probably for the best for him and the club but I certainly wish him all the best and hope he knuckles down at rangers and eventually really fulfils his potential.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rock bus said:

Everything’s been covered in this thread but have to say I’m gutted that he has left. Probably for the best for him and the club but I certainly wish him all the best and hope he knuckles down at rangers and eventually really fulfils his potential.

Just how I feel. He had to go but I’m sorry how it’s turned out for him and the club. 
I hope he’s a success there.

19 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

"talent like Gilmour" 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

BREATHE ....

TALENT..... GILMOUR!!! 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA 

oh damn I think I wet myself. 

Screenshot_20230123-194208~2.png

Wow. Where do you start?!

Gilmour is a nothing player who wasn't good enough for a low Premier League side. He might be alright in the Championship.

Most Norwich fans I know DO rate Cantwell - when he's actually playing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, kenfoggo said:

That’s got rid of him at last. We all wish him well. However , he will get kicked off the park up there. 

We all loved Todd once upon a time but his head got turned by Leeds and his ego took over and it seemed he couldn't be arsed anymore. There is nothing to suggest he will be a huge success for Rangers apart from there are only two good teams in the Scottish PL and the rest are English league 1 standard. I think the Scottish PL is a poor standard generally which will make him look good without too much effort on his part.

• Like 2

Billy is a talented player, just that talent level last year was not very high, and he seemed to be living off his reputed potential which was also not very apparent in the time at Carrow rd.  perhaps not as much as Cantwell, I do wish him all the best for the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrdi said:

I always think you have to be a particular type of (sports)person to choose No.13. The first one who springs to mind is Pastor Maldonado. 

What does this have you do with Todd-has he ever had the number 13 shirt?

13 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

What does this have you do with Todd-has he ever had the number 13 shirt?

Pay attention, dear boy. 

7A3366F5-5416-4D18-A669-E3D1AD9D477E.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

FnLYJk4WQAAX2n-?format=jpg&name=900x900

Trying to fit in by channelling his inner Billy Connolly. Couldn't even get that right as in the wrong shirt!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Canary said:

Just how I feel. He had to go but I’m sorry how it’s turned out for him and the club. 
I hope he’s a success there.

Ditto, clearly a player with talent who for whatever reason has lost way with Norwich, but, I do believe he actually cares about the club. Hopefully getting out of here on a permanent will get his head sorted in a way that the Bournemouth loan didn't and he goes on to be the player we thought he was going to be (and we have a juicy sell on clause in there as well)...

• Like 2

This will be interesting, if nothing else. He is now one of the people, and the people aren't known for their indulgence/patience/tolerance. 😳

Is the Lambo coming with him...🔑🪓🪛🏹🤣

Apples

Real shame it didn't work out longer term for us with Todd and he is with doubt a real talent, when on song. However, we have moved on so good luck to him up there.

If he performs like we know he can, then they have got a real gem of a player, for probably very little.

Genuinely, I’ve never rated him. Decent championship player in the right side. Despite his mini goal spree in the EPL.. he never looked capable at that level and those 6 goals masked it. 

Might do ok at Rangers, but who doesn’t? He’s basically playing for a side the equivalent of Man City in the championship. He’ll never do anything at Rangers to change my opinion on him. Not that he’ll lose sleep over that, mind 🤣

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 1