TheGoogler

Todd Cantwell to Rangers

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Or maybe they are just expressing genuine frustration about a player who has failed to live up to expectation.

They've been doing it for years. Move on!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Ths saga has been going on for too long and now (if) it's done, I just feel flat about it. 

There is a feeling there of  "good riddance", but I genuinely hope he finds what he is looking for in football. Maybe one day we'll hear his side about what went wrong, but then again, at the moment, I don't really care. 

Should have been a hero for us to admire and follow in his career and all he had to do was turn up, get fit and be available to play.

yep a bit like one of those big fireworks that you keep till the end, you touch the blue paper, you get lots of sparkles..... but then it goes......... pfutt....

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's been an ongoing discussion. Nothing wrong with that.

Exactly, any player’s future rumbling on and rumours flying from media outlets will generate forum posts. People are entitled to comment on the issue and share their viewpoint. 
Mine is, ffs we have to wait another 48 hours before it’s official and we can stop debating how bad or good he is/was/may have been. I’ll not be missing his contributions, mostly because I don’t know what they’ve been outside 10-15 games 3 years ago. 

Bye Todd. All the best. Hope you prove me wrong. Not that you give one hint of a sh** 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Exactly, any player’s future rumbling on and rumours flying from media outlets will generate forum posts. People are entitled to comment on the issue and share their viewpoint. 
Mine is, ffs we have to wait another 48 hours before it’s official and we can stop debating how bad or good he is/was/may have been. I’ll not be missing his contributions, mostly because I don’t know what they’ve been outside 10-15 games 3 years ago. 

Bye Todd. All the best. Hope you prove me wrong. Not that you give one hint of a sh** 

I’ll not be missing his contributions, mostly because I don’t know what they’ve been outside 10-15 games 3 years ago. 

Me Neither. Been waiting and waiting and waiting. 

SO Tired,  tired of waiting for you  to be a normal footballer. 😴 

Edited by Mengo
  • Like 1

It has to be official now Chris Reeve is tweeting about it...

oEAs2-OG_x96.jpg

I understand that Todd Cantwell’s transfer from #NCFC to #RangersFC is now more or less a done deal. Not far away from an announcement by Rangers, post successful medical.

12 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

oEAs2-OG_x96.jpg

I understand that Todd Cantwell’s transfer from #NCFC to #RangersFC is now more or less a done deal. Not far away from an announcement by Rangers, post successful medical.

So still in doubt then if the medical stretches to hair management.

18 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

oEAs2-OG_x96.jpg

That’s good enough for me if Chris is reporting it. 

The Todd Cantwell saga is as boring and over reported as Harry and Meghan.

You reckon Rangers will have to employ a translator or send him on a rapid English course?

Jafraican doesn't really translate to English well let alone Glaswegian.

"I'm not ya family wee laddie and I'm no yer cousin"

Maybe player ot the month Kenny can give him a crash course on the correct use of : you, ye , yer.

Also how's Cantwell going to cope as this is Wee Billy Gilmour territory.

If he has one of his stroppy woopies they will quickly remind him about Billy and the rumours 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

12 hours ago, horsefly said:

Not particularly having a go at you above any of the others who seem obsessed with claiming Cantwell to be the devil's spawn. 

I'm not claiming anything against him, other than I've never been completely convinced about his ability. I have no insight to what has gone on and don't profess to or take any stock of what is claimed.

I merely pointed out that the assessment of people like Shearer and Lineker (and other pros) who watched him play two seasons in the PL are very much the opposite of those who claim he isn't up to that level. I would love to know on what criteria you have decided what his "natural level" is supposed to be.

Michael Rickets had one decent season in the Premier League but he wasn't up to that standard, beyond his purple patch. My opinion is that Cantwell had good form, but will not play much at that level in the future.

My criteria is that physically, he is very slow, he is very weak, and he is small. Technically, his control is not great; his first touch or passing range is just about adequate. He does however have quick feet and some vision, but in my opinion, that doesn't sufficiently make up for his other short comings (for Premier League level). I think he can do a job at our current level and I'd have preferred to keep him, but I strongly doubt that he will play at a better level than we will for the rest of his career. As I said, that is just my opinion, if you have a different one, good for you.

I find it a bit odd to admit that he performed very well on a number of occasions but claim "that's not his natural level". 

Someone once said "Ability and form are separate issues" and I agree with that assessment. How is it odd that I believe he was in exceptionally good form during that short period, playing better than I expect he will for the rest of his career?

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

You reckon Rangers will have to employ a translator or send him on a rapid English course?

Jafraican doesn't really translate to English well let alone Glaswegian.

"I'm not ya family wee laddie and I'm no yer cousin"

Maybe player ot the month Kenny can give him a crash course on the correct use of : you, ye , yer.

Sure is . 😡

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

It's been an ongoing discussion. Nothing wrong with that.

Unless you read the actual so-called "discussion" which has often descended into vile abuse. What's the betting that this won't be the end of the Cantwell abuse on this site, just because he has left the club. No doubt some will be trawling the Rangers fan sites and Scottish press for any hint of gossip and discord.

5 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I'm not claiming anything against him, other than I've never been completely convinced about his ability. I have no insight to what has gone on and don't profess to or take any stock of what is claimed.

Michael Rickets had one decent season in the Premier League but he wasn't up to that standard, beyond his purple patch. My opinion is that Cantwell had good form, but will not play much at that level in the future.

My criteria is that physically, he is very slow, he is very weak, and he is small. Technically, his control is not great; his first touch or passing range is just about adequate. He does however have quick feet and some vision, but in my opinion, that doesn't sufficiently make up for his other short comings (for Premier League level). I think he can do a job at our current level and I'd have preferred to keep him, but I strongly doubt that he will play at a better level than we will for the rest of his career. As I said, that is just my opinion, if you have a different one, good for you.

Someone once said "Ability and form are separate issues" and I agree with that assessment. How is it odd that I believe he was in exceptionally good form during that short period, playing better than I expect he will for the rest of his career?

Erm! Logically it's impossible for form to exceed one's ability.

22 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Unless you read the actual so-called "discussion" which has often descended into vile abuse. What's the betting that this won't be the end of the Cantwell abuse on this site, just because he has left the club. No doubt some will be trawling the Rangers fan sites and Scottish press for any hint of gossip and discord.

What you do if there is vile abuse is to highlight it for what it is and try and bring the discussion to a more civil level. That's what I try to do and it can work. Otherwise there is a continual diatribe of polar opposite views being spouted from either side.

He is no angel, that is for sure. Is he all bad? No of course not. the truth is usually somehwere in the middle. Most of us would just like a little bit more information as to why things have gone how they have gone. It's been p*ss poor from everyone's point of view and how much is down to the player himself no-one really knows, but what we do know is that he hasn't played enough - and that has not been good enough, given the abilty we know he has.

I also assume the quote attributed to Beale yesterday wasn’t true?  It would be awkward on the training ground if they did prove to be correct.

6 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I also assume the quote attributed to Beale yesterday wasn’t true?  It would be awkward on the training ground if they did prove to be correct.

i think it might also have been prove me wrong and sign then ?

i think it is the best and maybe the worst for him

he has the chance to be massive there if he gets back to form / they are so so  passionate you give you all and perform he will be a hero 

good shop window European football of some type 

Worst bit it is a Goldfish bowl and half the city hate you totally different to living in Norwich or Bournemouth 

Rangers is good for English players due to Rangers fans being patriotic singing god save the queen etc before games no problem there 

I will be Supporting him there as i am From a Rangers Family 

30 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

No mention of a fee in any of these recent reports, is there?  

I think they'll take him if we give them 500k. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

3 fried Mars Bars and a bottle of Bells. 

........and sling in a few tins of Irn Bru 😊

If he's gone, then I'll wish him the best of luck and hope he finds what he thinks he wants, and that it helps him get back to what he was.

The ongoing soap opera has been disquieting and I don't think he's looked great if truth be told, but that's mere guesswork from my end. He still played a decent part for us on the whole, but was clearly not in the picture now. It just might be that a fresh start in a weaker league with a side on the front foot may be what gets him going again.

More than anything, it might be a relief to the rest of the dressing room. Already seen at Man Utd what getting rid of some of the more problematic characters can do, regardless of reputation.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Rangers are a Scottish club. Our national anthem is "Flower of Scotland".

Anywho.

The Manchester United analogy is a good one. They god rid of Pogba and Lingard, all of a sudden there's no news leaks, there's a new found harmony and they're in the title hunt.

Yes, ten Hag has obviously played a massive part, but cutting those two pieces of cancer out really has made a difference.

The comedy version from the Corries (well, I suppose they also wrote the serious version) was bloody funny.

EDIT: Nope, wrong song. Ignore this.

Edited by TheGunnShow

34 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I think they'll take him if we give them 500k. 

Haha, pay the petrol if we drive him? 🙂

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

What you do if there is vile abuse is to highlight it for what it is and try and bring the discussion to a more civil level. That's what I try to do and it can work. Otherwise there is a continual diatribe of polar opposite views being spouted from either side.

He is no angel, that is for sure. Is he all bad? No of course not. the truth is usually somehwere in the middle. Most of us would just like a little bit more information as to why things have gone how they have gone. It's been p*ss poor from everyone's point of view and how much is down to the player himself no-one really knows, but what we do know is that he hasn't played enough - and that has not been good enough, given the abilty we know he has.

It'll probably be in his memoirs in 7 or 8 years.

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Are you sure it wasn't "Scotland the Brave"?

(The national anthem before "Flower if Scotland")

Aye, yer right. Musnae be onnit reet noo. 😉

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Rangers are a Scottish club. Our national anthem is "Flower of Scotland".

Anywho.

The Manchester United analogy is a good one. They god rid of Pogba and Lingard, all of a sudden there's no news leaks, there's a new found harmony and they're in the title hunt.

Yes, ten Hag has obviously played a massive part, but cutting those two pieces of cancer out really has made a difference.

Rangers Ibrox stadium is full of union jacks 

yes they will always be Scottish first but they are very patriotic towards the royals and the union 

they are royalists 

I do not know about save the king now but save the queen was  sung before games by fans just like penny arcade