TheGoogler

Todd Cantwell to Rangers

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

The deal was in place, hand extended, when Webber says "Oh, There's some important things I forgot to tell you..."

"Number one, he hates bright lights.  You gotta keep him out of the sunlight.... Sunlight will kill him."

"Number two, keep him away from water.  Don't give him any water to drink, and Whatever you do, don't give him a bath.  If he asks to look at the Clyde tell him 'No!' and give him some crayons." 

"And the most important thing...   ...don't EVER let him go on social media after midnight".

he has also a 20k watch that does not keep time it is 35mins slow 

30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He wants Champions League, Rangers were probably his only chance of that.

i bet it was wages ,

he will get more in championship than Rangers 

i also think the dig from the Rangers manager seems they might of seen straight through Todd

36 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Maybe there are more interested parties than many are predicting after all but he’s treading a fine line if they don’t materialise as it looks like he’s burnt his bridges with Rangers.

How, is there fresh news?

Not sure if that is accurate. Rangers earned around £80m in 21/22. I can't think many in the Championship can match that, even with parachute payments. The question is did he refuse to sign another contract, or did we decide to wash our hands of him ?

The problem I have with this is if we have a fee, we’re probably waiting on his departure to bring any potential new signing in, free up wages and fee could be used. The longer it goes on the more we’re hindered. As above I can see Cantwell staying as I doubt this type of thing gives any potential team interested confidence in his attitudes.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

The problem I have with this is if we have a fee, we’re probably waiting on his departure to bring any potential new signing in, free up wages and fee could be used. The longer it goes on the more we’re hindered. As above I can see Cantwell staying as I doubt this type of thing gives any potential team interested confidence in his attitudes.

I think that was a given, long before this lastest nonsense.

• Like 2

I mean Norwich are probably the ultimate selling club this guy has been trying to leave for newly two and half years now.  How is he still here

"And Cantwell appears to be the very definition of a mercenary – not much different to our own Glen Kamara, attitude dumped and giving nothing to his club in favour of a big expensive shiny move to somewhere that will pay him tonnes."

Owch..

They got that right though.

1 minute ago, PockthorpePete said:

err, that was posted earlier - thats what we are discussing.

Yes I know. LDC directly asked me if there was any news about the Rangers deal so I reposted the link for him. Thats why I quoted his question asking if there was any fresh news to make that obvious .

3 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Yes I know. LDC directly asked me if there was any news about the Rangers deal so I reposted the link for him. Thats why I quoted his question asking if there was any fresh news to make that obvious .

oops, thanks 😳

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Glad you did, I’d not seen that article until this evening either. This site isn’t exactly conducive to being able to focus on the day job sometimes… 

2 minutes ago, mrdi said:

Glad you did, I’d not seen that article until this evening either. This site isn’t exactly conducive to being able to focus on the day job sometimes… 

Thats because it was not posted up until this evening 😏

2 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

How much will we get? I appreciate it’ll be “undisclosed” but what’s the sum… I’m feeling between £5 and £8 mill. 

You've got 1 zero too many there mate,  500k tops.

8 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Thats because it was not posted up until this evening 😏

So it was. And I commented on it too. 

I don’t think sobriety is helping me. 

“And Cantwell appears to be the very definition of a mercenary – not much different to our own Glen Kamara, attitude dumped and giving nothing to his club in favour of a big expensive shiny move to somewhere that will pay him tonnes.”

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So he wasn't really that serious about going to Rangers then. What a farce. He'll be lucky if anyone will take him on at this rate.

We don't know that for certain. All we know at this stage is that Beale has suggested that any deal is off. The bit about Cantwell not being happy with the position/role he would be asked to play might be the reason for his fall out with City'Beggars can't be choosers' rather springs to mind. What we can be certain of thoush, is he won't land a contract anywhere near what he is now seeing running out.And the thought is that he is not sat watching clubs upping the biiding, but his agent scrabbling around trying to find something near to what he may well have told Cantwell he would easily get.

17 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

“And Cantwell appears to be the very definition of a mercenary – not much different to our own Glen Kamara, attitude dumped and giving nothing to his club in favour of a big expensive shiny move to somewhere that will pay him tonnes.”

That went well then 🤣.        

if that is the impression he is giving people  

Maybe no other club is wiliing to put up with Cantwells dont feel like playing rubbish we have taken. Last example after he had been to Tampa. 
What a waste of a talent. 

2 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

We don't know that for certain. All we know at this stage is that Beale has suggested that any deal is off. The bit about Cantwell not being happy with the position/role he would be asked to play might be the reason for his fall out with City'Beggars can't be choosers' rather springs to mind. What we can be certain of thoush, is he won't land a contract anywhere near what he is now seeing running out.And the thought is that he is not sat watching clubs upping the biiding, but his agent scrabbling around trying to find something near to what he may well have told Cantwell he would easily get.

You would think a player 24 looking for a club 

wanting to get away from Norwich 

would just want to play 

anywhere in midfield would do 

if you are in the first team you do not tell the manager where you want to play you just get on with it 

I bet Josh didn’t want to play out wide but he got on with it and gave it 100%

8 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

You would think a player 24 looking for a club 

wanting to get away from Norwich 

would just want to play 

anywhere in midfield would do 

if you are in the first team you do not tell the manager where you want to play you just get on with it 

I bet Josh didn’t want to play out wide but he got on with it and gave it 100%

I think another City player might disagree. One Chris Sutton. Moved out of defence and told to play up front. Look how that ended ☺️☺️

There are plenty of better players than him (as of 2023) who would love to have the chance to play for a club like Norwich or Rangers regardless of his role in the team. His current level isn't good enough for a top Championship team or a giant club like Rangers even if they do play in a poor league. Someone seriously needs to have a word with him. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

I think another City player might disagree. One Chris Sutton. Moved out of defence and told to play up front. Look how that ended ☺️☺️

Anyone else remember a mid-season friendly we played against Bayern, early 1990s? We won 4-1 at CR and Sutton scored twice while wearing no.4. That was probably the moment the penny dropped for Stringer that he might be decent up top… 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

There are plenty of better players than him (as of 2023) who would love to have the chance to play for a club like Norwich or Rangers regardless of his role in the team. His current level isn't good enough for a top Championship team or a giant club like Rangers even if they do play in a poor league. Someone seriously needs to have a word with him. 

Hmmm............is it getting too late for that now? He(or his agent) seems to be making himself a "Do not touch with a bargepole" case for other clubs by the day  😔

30 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

I think another City player might disagree. One Chris Sutton. Moved out of defence and told to play up front. Look how that ended 

Todd could sign for anyone ,

agree to play LM then then manager wants to play him somewhere else what is he going to do  ? Not play because he is moved to AM 

like another poster said most players would be happy just to be in 1st team and playing 

as for Sutton wonder how far he would of went as a CB ?