TheGoogler

Todd Cantwell to Rangers

28 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Thank goodness. The quicker we can get this over the finish line the better for all parties and we can finally draw a line on Todd. It's been going on longer than EastendersĀ šŸ¤£

Any money we get is a bonus!Ā 

Lets hope his agent doesn't mess it up for him.

As it looks like he's on his way, I suspect I'll make this my final say on the matter.

The day Todd leaves the club should be quite a sad one.

He is without a doubt one of the most talented young players to have ever come out of Norfolk. After returning from loan, I saw a player who struggled to do what was being asked of him in the limited cameos he got under Farke, usually as Buendia's understudy. But that close season after our first promotion something happened. Todd returned looking faster, stronger, better and was the bright spark in an otherwise poor season. He probably eclipsed Buendia in those early weeks, looking like an absolute mega star in the making.

I don't know the full story of what has happened since. I think fans have been hard on him and we have to share some responsibility for that. But I also think Todd's own attitude has been a hinderence too. He could have been the best, written into Norwich City folklore and playing now at the top of the Premier League. Instead, he seems to be off to Rangers in disgrace having failed to live up to the promsie that early Premier League campaign revealed. He reminds me in a way of Paul Pogba. Daniel Farke, Scott Parker, Dean Smith and David Wagner have all given up on him, an indictment on him given what we have seen for ourselves as being within his capabilities.

I really do hope he finds his way and his next move is a successful one. But I do think it's right to draw a line under his Norwich City career now. Let's hope the money this brings in can be reinvested to give Wagner the very best chance of capitalising on the early promise he's shown.

Edited by YellaYellowYella
  • Like 1

Good luck to Todd! I've never rated him as highly as others have, or seemingly as much as he does himself, but I think we should all wish him the best.

Ā 

I will say that I'm of the opinion that Rangers/SPL is a very poor fit. I predict it does not go well for him up North but I'll eat crow if proven wrong!

Good luck to Todd, certainly needs a fresh start but also needs to drop the media self image bull and focus on football. Thereā€™s going to be plenty of time for that once his footy career is over in a matter of a decade. Hope he has family and friends who can guide him to focus on football because he has the potential to rival the best in the UK, I have my doubts he has the motivation or the focusā€™s. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, PockthorpePete said:

The thought is both Cantwell and Hugill are on their way out of Carrow Road. The photos suggest it willĀ  be together.

You tinker Pete!

58 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Thank goodness. The quicker we can get this over the finish line the better for all parties and we can finally draw a line on Todd. It's been going on longer than EastendersĀ šŸ¤£

Any money we get is a bonus!Ā 

the question is do we buy a striker for the long term Li/L2 or loan in a PLĀ  striker. 4-0 might suggest that is no longer a priority, but given an injury to Pukki or Sargeant and we are down to the bare bones, as we have Ramsey, Pole, Rowe, Rashica, Tzolis, Cantwell all unavailable for varied reasons. I hav to agree whatever we get is a bonus as he could have left for nowt in the summer.

1 hour ago, PockthorpePete said:

The thought is both Cantwell and Hugill are on their way out of Carrow Road. The photos suggest it willĀ  be together.

Knew someone was going to make that link when I saw the initial post! Thanks for beating me to it! šŸ˜„

• Haha 1

It will be sad to see him go. He was great for us once, but has been distracted for so long, whereas seasoned professionals like Pukki, still keep putting in the effort, and still look good.

As said, if he goes for free in summer, anything now is a bonus. I do hope we attempt to bring in an attacking replacement as this will see Todd go for good, and we've lost Ramsey. With Placheta permanently injured, and Rash & Tzol not in a position to be recalled, we are very thinĀ 

This is good news for everybody concerned but let's face it Cantwell has been as much use to us as a lifeguard at the Olympic swimming pool for far too long now.

7 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Ā 

As said, if he goes for free in summer, anything now is a bonus. I do hope we attempt to bring in an attacking replacement as this will see Todd go for good, and we've lost Ramsey. With Placheta permanently injured, and Rash & Tzol not in a position to be recalled, we are very thinĀ 

I wish I had said that šŸ˜‰

Think this is increasingly appearing to be a classic case of an agent being an a-hole/bad influence on their client. So we might have to watch out with Omobamidele as he's with the same one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Think this is increasingly appearing to be a classic case of an agent being an a-hole/bad influence on their client. So we might have to watch out with Omobamidele as he's with the same one.

From comments made by Beale, Cantwell is defintely leaving City, but it now looks like it could be elsewhere. Not Rangers. Maybe as said earlier there is not the 'money on the table', as might once have been thought

Make more sense for Cantwell to try and latch onto a Premier League club on a free in the summer than go to Scotland.

How much will we get? I appreciate itā€™ll be ā€œundisclosedā€ but whatā€™s the sumā€¦ Iā€™m feeling between Ā£5 and Ā£8 mill.Ā 

Just now, Danke bitte said:

How much will we get? I appreciate itā€™ll be ā€œundisclosedā€ but whatā€™s the sumā€¦ Iā€™m feeling between Ā£5 and Ā£8 mill.Ā 

Nowhere near that. We might be able to push 1.5 - 2m if we're lucky.Ā 

Probably end up with 750k + add-ons on games played/champions league games etc.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Less than six months left on his contract, no chance.

11 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Make more sense for Cantwell to try and latch onto a Premier League club on a free in the summer than go to Scotland.

He wants Champions League, Rangers were probably his only chance of that.

23 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

The longer this goes on, his ability to trade on increasingly former glories decreases. Iā€™m not convinced thereā€™d be many (if any) current EPL clubs whoā€™d take on someone whoā€™s spent two seasons losing their way. At best, maybeĀ someone like Sheff Utd or at a stretch, Burnley - Iā€™m fairly sure Bellars could mentor a tune out of him.Ā 

Maybe there are more interested parties than many are predicting after all but heā€™s treading a fine line if they donā€™t materialise as it looks like heā€™s burnt his bridges with Rangers.

For Godā€™s sake, canā€™t he just go somewhere? Anywhere? Just get thisĀ disruptive and expensive admin burdenĀ away from NCFC. Ā 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The deal was in place,Ā hand extended, when Webber says "Oh, There's some important things I forgot to tell you..."

"Number one, he hates bright lights.Ā  You gotta keep him out of the sunlight.... Sunlight will kill him."

"Number two, keep him away from water.Ā Ā Don't give him any water to drink, and Whatever you do, don't give him a bath.Ā  If he asks to look at the Clyde tell him 'No!' and give him some crayons."Ā 

"And the most important thing...Ā  Ā ...don't EVER let him go on social media after midnight".

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

The deal was in place,Ā hand extended, when Webber says "Oh, There's some important things I forgot to tell you..."

"Number one, he hates bright lights.Ā  You gotta keep him out of the sunlight.... Sunlight will kill him."

"Number two, keep him away from water.Ā Ā Don't give him any water to drink, and Whatever you do, don't give him a bath.Ā  If he asks to look at the Clyde tell him 'No!' and give him some crayons."Ā 

"And the most important thing...Ā  Ā ...don't EVER let him go on social media after midnight".

Gremlins