TheGoogler

Todd Cantwell to Rangers

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Perhaps it was a derisory offer that made Webber think  his services for the rest of the season (??) are of more value?

Unlikely.

This  could mean that the Rangers interest is more advanced than we are led to believe OR that Todd has indicated he is willing to sign another.

What would be the point of us signing him to another contract to not play? "Groin gone" one minute, "head not right" the next.

Just get rid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Thats fair enough. I hadn't seen that from DF. I know Smith said some words but I believe they were mutual agreements.

We aren't all the same. And there is no one size fits all. I have my own opinion that at the time of speculation he wanted a big money move and didn't get it. Whose fault that was is also unknown.

Just a shame that we get a local lad with talent, someone to really be proud of and it didn't last long enough.

Absolutely agree, I suspect had we let him go at the same time as Buendia left there would have mutiny amongst the fans, but since that moment Todd has not performed for us, although I caveat that with he has shown flashes.

irrespective it is a shame it has ended this way, but probably better for everyone to end it soon.

Rangers is a great opportunity for Todd, and I really hope he is a success.  I will be watching him play and cheering him on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

What would be the point of us signing him to another contract to not play? "Groin gone" one minute, "head not right" the next.

He started to play well under Smith.

You could write a book about Cantwell's last two seasons. Us posters virtually have actually,

I don't feel as harsh towards the player as you, but I fully understnd your stance,

Edited by BroadstairsR

43 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Perhaps it was a derisory offer that made Webber think  his services for the rest of the season (??) are of more value?

Unlikely.

This  could mean that the Rangers interest is more advanced than we are led to believe OR that Todd has indicated he is willing to sign another.

i doubt any bid will be much as you can sign for nothing in summer 

maybe Webber does not want a rival to buy him now but happy for him to go to a different league now ?

i think Bournemouth could of bought him for around 10 million ? in the summer

now how much a million ? 

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

Just get rid.

Agreed, how much has he trousered in the last three years for very, very little output

• Like 1

An offer was turned down, it may have been to take him early and pay his wages. We don't know was the offer was, swap deal we don't know.

9 minutes ago, tricky974 said:

An offer was turned down, it may have been to take him early and pay his wages. We don't know was the offer was, swap deal we don't know.

And it may be one of those 'offers' that is designed to push up his value or need to act quickly Rangers

To think people were saying he’s a 40 million pound player 2 seasons ago we will be lucky to get £40 pound for him now

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hucks6 said:

To think people were saying he’s a 40 million pound player 2 seasons ago we will be lucky to get £40 pound for him now

Maybe two people were saying he was worth £40m.

most people on here were saying £20m-25m-ish. Better than the players we'd sold for £11-12m, not as good as Buendia or Maddison. Last season he was valued at £11m. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chicken said:

Maybe two people were saying he was worth £40m.

most people on here were saying £20m-25m-ish. Better than the players we'd sold for £11-12m, not as good as Buendia or Maddison. Last season he was valued at £11m. 

Now worth a packet of shortbread and a can of Iron Bru

3 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

£10M? Take the money and run!

This 100 % 💰🤑

Edited by Mengo

They are only saying he is valued at that price, we will not get that, if we did would be amazed £10 million for a player who can sign pre contract agreement and go for nothing in the summer.

• Like 1

£10m ?? For a player who's hardly played in two seasons and in the last six months of his contract? 

That's pretty good, all things considered, if that is the case. 

Good luck to him, but it's is a very useful £10m that is an unexpected bonus for Wagner to spend on players.

That's not how I read it. It says his market value is £10m with potential to be a £30m player. If Rangers sign him they essentially have a £10m player but his contractual value with us is very low.

We might get a couple of million if we are lucky. He could join Rangers for free next season.

1 hour ago, Richard Richard said:

What would we realistically expect to get, joking aside? £1.5M - £2M maybe? Surely wouldn't be much more than that.

£750k?

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

£750k?

Rangers have the advantage with any bargaining. Don't want to pay what Norwich are asking? Fine, just wait until the summer and get him for free!

Would City take as low as £750k rather than getting zero for him in a few months? 

I think I'd take whatever I could get and get him off the wage bill now.

Real shame, decent player in there somewhere but far too distracted for whatever reason, time to go.

3 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

Rangers have the advantage with any bargaining. Don't want to pay what Norwich are asking? Fine, just wait until the summer and get him for free!

Would City take as low as £750k rather than getting zero for him in a few months? 

I think I'd take whatever I could get and get him off the wage bill now.

Real shame, decent player in there somewhere but far too distracted for whatever reason, time to go.

I'd give them a tenner of my own money to take him now, sick of hearing about him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I really rate Cantwell (or at least when he is ‘fit’ to play) but surely Rangers won’t be paying anywhere near £10m for a player out of contract at end of year and currently not even playing for us!?

if they are we should grab it and see how genuine their interest for McLean is if they’re throwing silly money about!

£10m??? If that's true take the money NOW bite their hands off and run! 

Wish the lad well, but he's way past his sell by date for us unfortunately. 

I guess i am resigned to the fact that he wants to go but I can't say I am overly impressed with all the statements coming out of Carrow Road about his non appearance in the team since the World Cup.My take on it is that talks have been ongoing for some time and an injury to him would have scuppered the deal.

Girls in Glasgow when Cantwell makes his moves. "You played with Billy Gilmour do you still have his number"

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

That's not how I read it. It says his market value is £10m with potential to be a £30m player. If Rangers sign him they essentially have a £10m player but his contractual value with us is very low.

We might get a couple of million if we are lucky. He could join Rangers for free next season.

Quite. Although the basic fee could be more like five million than a couple.

11 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

My guess is that it'll be closer to £10k than £10m.

Probably £100k-£250k especially since he's out of contact in the summer.

i would say 1 million tops 

If they paid 10 mil for Cantwell we should offer them Rashica and Tzolis bargain at 10 mill each 

Edited by norfolkngood

Not a chance in hell they’d pay 10 million for a player free in July! We’re lucky if we get a token sum and Cantwell off the wages.

It’s such a shame he has fallen so badly out with this club, there’s obviously an underlying issue, whatever that may be I wish the lad well in his future, he’s been a huge part of our two promotions and maybe the sale of Buendia had a big effect on Todd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Todd will be playing Champions League football next year, good luck to him.

Has he gone anywhere yet?  
Good luck to him, but isn’t actually worthy of a starting spot with us, on form alone.

This is a player who has been brought through the City ranks since he was very young, given the best at every opportunity. All at great expense. Made him the footballer he is today. Paid him enough to buy expensive cars, property and clothes.

Yet he is now able to walk for nothing.

This sort of thing has happened lots before. It sickens me that 

a person can be so devoid of conscience.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1