1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's about time !

Photo of me with one tab refreshing the norwich twitter page every second for the last 24 hours straight and another tab open with a thread ready to copy and paste a link to the news in

522x0

• Haha 2

I said a while back that appointing Wagner would be IMO effectively acknowledging that it was wrong to sack Farke, (while appointing Steve Bruce would be acknowledging it was wrong to sack DS - very relieved on that one).

OK so Wagner's record since he took up Huddersfield and kept them up the next season is pretty mixed.  But he's had time out to recharge and I like the fact that it seems he has a very strong philosophy of how the team should play and will give the players very strong direction about how to play (unlike Dean Smith) and his approach makes sense to me both in and out of possession, whereas Farke's approach was fine for when we had the ball, but not so good when we lost possession.

So cautiously optimistic.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Cheap option rather than the right option 

When you're beaten to the punch by Nora you know the game is up...

#yesterdaystroll

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

12 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I said a while back that appointing Wagner would be IMO effectively acknowledging that it was wrong to sack Farke, (while appointing Steve Bruce would be acknowledging it was wrong to sack DS - very relieved on that one).

OK so Wagner's record since he took up Huddersfield and kept them up the next season is pretty mixed.  But he's had time out to recharge and I like the fact that it seems he has a very strong philosophy of how the team should play and will give the players very strong direction about how to play (unlike Dean Smith) and his approach makes sense to me both in and out of possession, whereas Farke's approach was fine for when we had the ball, but not so good when we lost possession.

So cautiously optimistic.

I think appointing Wagner shows that Webber's focus in terms of style of play is now pressing/organisation as opposed to possession based stuff. 

Natural successor to Farke, although it would have been better to have kept Farke on, of course...

Would have looked so much better if Farke had been allowed to carry on until the end of his contract and moved to a bigger club if he wanted to, then made the appointment.

But, in Wagner we trust - and welcome back to German efficiency, intelligence and philosophy. 

• Like 1

If nothing else, I feel more inspired by his introductionary 30-second vox pop than I did by 13 months of his predecessor. 

Let’s get it on. Welcome David & Christoph. Looking forward to Andy ‘Andrew’ Hughes clapping to the stands after every game too. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Photo of me with one tab refreshing the norwich twitter page every second for the last 24 hours straight and another tab open with a thread ready to copy and paste a link to the news in

522x0

As Ginger Pele once said on here “I spend most of my day at the keyboard with the Pink Un up” fnarr fnarr.

• Haha 1

At least the supporters know what they are getting. With anyone else (apart from Bruce) it would have been guesswork. Lets hope its a clean slate for the players and they are inspired by his signing. And he has all January to bring in players he wants.

Media boys and girls have been busy

Welcome to Norwich City DW. 

A new chapter begins and we close the last one.

• Like 1