Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Is The Snakepit a thing anymore?

Was having a look at tickets for the FA Cup game and notice hardly any have been sold in there. I know it's not exactly an exciting prospect watching Blackburn who we lost to recently but with cheap tickets I'm still surprised. Thought The Snakepit were the hardcore fans who enjoyed a bit of 'banter' with The Barclay. Got me wondering if the original occupants have gradually stopped attending over the past few years.

Edited by Satriales

I was thinking this the other day.

Snake pit just seem to hassle the ref and any player daring not to take a corner from within the marker.

That Barclay area next to the away fans was bouncing.

Ive been critical of the drummer and city elite. Still think it's a bit of a yoot beer drinking club but I can't deny they really enhanced the lower Barclay against Watford specifically 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

To be fair the option of watching us get done again by Blackburn or getting their sausage fingers on some new Stone Island get up is a tough one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Satriales said:

Was having a look at tickets for the FA Cup game and notice hardly any have been sold in there. I know it's not exactly an exciting prospect watching Blackburn who we lost to recently but with cheap tickets I'm still surprised. Thought The Snakepit were the hardcore fans who enjoyed a bit of 'banter' with The Barclay. Got me wondering if the original occupants have gradually stopped attending over the past few years.

I’m in the Snakepit. There’s 4 of us. Ours, and a lot of the seats in the Snakepit are restricted view because of that bloody pillar .So come early Cup games people often get tickets elsewhere. We’re in the City Stand near dugouts for Blackburn. 

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Snakepit barely made any noise last two games, was all us in the lower barclay..

Actually that’s interesting. The Snakepit was pretty noisy the last two games. Oh and by the way we’re not all cavemen . I looked over a lot and saw lower Barclay obviously really animated and making noise . However we could hardly heard a thing . I really think Carrow Road nowadays has appalling accoustics for home fans to make an atmosphere, no idea how that works .
Nothing like the old Barclay !!
OTBC. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Satriales said:

Years ago the Barclay would start us off with on the ball it would then spread to south stand and into river end and even into the pillow throwing main stand sadly does not happen now , building a hotel in the ground did not help 

15 hours ago, hogesar said:

Snakepit barely made any noise last two games, was all us in the lower barclay..

Nor would the Barclay had it not been for the drum being allowed in. Barclay has been poor all season hence away fans singing ' is this a library' at numerous games.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Do the NHS frequent in the Snake Pit or Barclay? 

i think they are on strike at the moment 

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Nor would the Barclay had it not been for the drum being allowed in. Barclay has been poor all season hence away fans singing ' is this a library' at numerous games.

Yes, the entire stadium atmopshere has been dreadful all season until recently, but the Snakepit moreso than the Barclay

There's only Hard-case Norfolk Ultras in the Lower Barclay....FACT!....Don't mess wi' 'em....theyz iz well ard!.... 

• Haha 1

P ussies the lot of 'em 🙀🙀🙀

They'll never take The Blankets 💪

Edited by nutty nigel

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

They'll never take The Blankets 💪

Wish they would 'take' the upper river end.

Sponsored silence in there by 70% each game

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Wish they would 'take' the upper river end.

Sponsored silence in there by 70% each game

It’s called The Library End and should certainly be reserved for the thermos & blanket brigade 😉 

3 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

Years ago the Barclay would start us off with on the ball it would then spread to south stand and into river end and even into the pillow throwing main stand sadly does not happen now , building a hotel in the ground did not help 

surely the hotel would have an almost endless supply of pillows to throw?! 

Duvets, complimentary tea / coffee and some UHT milk too! id guess. 

19 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I was thinking this the other day.

Snake pit just seem to hassle the ref and any player daring not to take a corner from within the marker.

That Barclay area next to the away fans was bouncing.

Ive been critical of the drummer and city elite. Still think it's a bit of a yoot beer drinking club but I can't deny they really enhanced the lower Barclay against Watford specifically 

Mainly because most fans don’t understand the rules now that a ball only has to over hang the quadrant and not be in it exactly. 

Edited by By Hook or Ian crook

Talking of pillows/cushions, can anyone remember what game and date it was when the main stand demonstrated by throwing lots of their cushions onto the pitch?

This was very funny to see for the well behaved kids watching their elders throw, not a few but loads onto the pitch, near or at the end of a match, sometime in the late 60’s early 70’s?

13 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Mainly because most fans don’t understand the rules now that a ball only has to over hang the quadrant and not be in it exactly. 

I thought they do it just to put the player off a bit. It does work every now and then. No so great if a goal is scored though!

5 minutes ago, Sheva said:

Talking of pillows/cushions, can anyone remember what game and date it was when the main stand demonstrated by throwing lots of their cushions onto the pitch?

This was very funny to see for the well behaved kids watching their elders throw, not a few but loads onto the pitch, near or at the end of a match, sometime in the late 60’s early 70’s?

It would have been the 70s, I was a Barclay Boy. Cushions used to be slung on the pitch fairly often. 

1 hour ago, Sheva said:

I remember that happening quite a few times in the 70's and early 80's. Usually aimed at the ref's, not the opposition or the manager. 

17 hours ago, shefcanary said:

I remember that happening quite a few times in the 70's and early 80's. Usually aimed at the ref's, not the opposition or the manager. 

Usually aimed at the linesman, I got a direct hit once

• Like 1

23 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Geoffrey Watling copped for a few in the 60s. The Directors Box was a dangerous place to sit in those days🙃

Cushions is a poor description really. They were actually  like square Frisbees with sharp corners.

I think it was after a game against Charlton that the FA threatened ground closure and posters were put up accordingly😮