Sign in to follow this  
stratton canary

Carrow Road in lights

They often seem to have the lights on when there is something going on in Top of the Terrace but it does seem extravagant with the current cost of electricity.

37 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

They often seem to have the lights on when there is something going on in Top of the Terrace but it does seem extravagant with the current cost of electricity.

They looked to be on full at 5pm before the Reading game, blazing away bright enough to be seen in Space.

If it’s for some corporate jolly fair enough otherwise please don’t say “ We’re skint “when the ordinary supporter asks why money isn’t being spent on the pitch 

They will be on again tomorrow night as Delia is hosting a dinner for 8 including our new head coach in an executive box in the South Stand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

They will be on again tomorrow night as Delia is hosting a dinner for 8 including our new head coach in an executive box in the South Stand.

Are you and Ricardo  going?

On 04/01/2023 at 18:04, Myra Hawtree said:

The new LEDs will be a tiny fraction of the cost of the big old things we used to have up there

• Like 2

I've just driven past & I can report the floodlights are still on, what I can't report is that Wagner is there.

3 hours ago, AJ said:

The new LEDs will be a tiny fraction of the cost of the big old things we used to have up there

I've seen quotes that the cost per game (or per night) of having the floodlights on all night as a result of the recent Ukrainian war driven utility increases was from £20 to £80 - yes a huge percentage increase, but no major cash drain given the circumstances. Sure a huge hit if this was what happened domestically, but given the other challenges at the Carra' I think there are more impactful savings that could be made. 

40 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I've seen quotes that the cost per game (or per night) of having the floodlights on all night as a result of the recent Ukrainian war driven utility increases was from £20 to £80 - yes a huge percentage increase, but no major cash drain given the circumstances. Sure a huge hit if this was what happened domestically, but given the other challenges at the Carra' I think there are more impactful savings that could be made. 

I am sure I can think of at least 1 or 2 salaries I would put higher up the target list.

Edited by essex canary

On 04/01/2023 at 18:01, stratton canary said:

Just left off work & Carrow Road is in full blaze tonight, Foodlights & City Stand shinny brightly, Welcoming our new coach or is there a reserve game lol? 

This looks like the full answer.

• Like 3