Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

If its on TV we lose

I have three golden rules when expecting NCFC results. They are that we always lose when:

1. The game is on TV (when did we last win a live game?)
2. We take a larger than usual following
3. The opposition has been on a long losing run

Any of these spell disaster to me, but I''ve no idea why!!!

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]I have three golden rules when expecting NCFC results. They are that we always lose when:

1. The game is on TV (when did we last win a live game?)
2. We take a larger than usual following
3. The opposition has been on a long losing run

Any of these spell disaster to me, but I''ve no idea why!!![/quote]

Is this still true three years later?

I sincererly hope notZip it! [:#]

1. I can only remember the ones from our championship season 2 1/2 years ago, someone prove me wrong please!2. Yes it does seem that whenever I hear "We''ve got a large away following this weekend" a loss seems to happen3. Highly typical of Norwich, remeber millwall away last season....Another point is when several players come out saying "We''re up for the fight", "This one is for the fans", etc....that usually spells disaster ahead

We have had some truly awful results when on the box...But to be fair, our home game against Manure was on tv. And that is one of our best results of recent years. Also the rather unmemorable home win over Plymouth last season was televised.

16 televised games in the last 3 seasons,  winning just two (Plymouth and Manure), none away, 9 pointsout of 48, 35 goals conceeded and just 14 goals scored does not bode well (yes - i know that most of these were in the prem; of the 4 in champs we have won one, lost 3, scoring just 4 goals, conceeding 8, hardly better is it?)

Hopefully with a new manager we will have a new trend starting[^o)]    

Thanks for the facts Zipper,

really does not look good on paper does it

and a season without winning away in the premiership, surely that must be a record?

trends are there to be broken.

Also, treat every game as a unique occassion, that''s what the manager will be saying.

We also have a new manager who has won 2 out of 3 away games where as previously we had won 0 in about 6.  As said above these trends are there to be broken, remember Brian Robson I repeat Brian Robson kept WBA up when bottom at Xmas, anything is possible in football!

[quote user="AJ"]

and a season without winning away in the premiership, surely that must be a record?

[/quote]We''re not the only ones with that record, I believe there are 5 other clubs with that honour, one of them even being Leeds! Can''t remember the others but I think they''re mostly lower-league clubs these days.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

16 televised games in the last 3 seasons,  winning just two (Plymouth and Manure), none away, 9 pointsout of 48, 35 goals conceeded and just 14 goals scored does not bode well (yes - i know that most of these were in the prem; of the 4 in champs we have won one, lost 3, scoring just 4 goals, conceeding 8, hardly better is it?)

Hopefully with a new manager we will have a new trend starting[^o)]    

[/quote]

So its our recent TV failures against our much longer derby successes [:)]

4 wins and 1 draw in the last 8 seasons at portaloo road. 7 goals scored and only 1 (dodgy scrappy offside after saved penalty) conceded. Not sure how many were on TV though!

Hopefully the new manager can carry on the old trend [^o)]

yeah but how many since 98 have been on TV - probably not a lot which explains the victories - get us live on SKY and that''s it we buckle and with Ipswich losing their last game (at home also) 2-0 to Shef Wed I don''t see us getting a lot there - they will be up for it more than us to avenge their last defeat and it is not often you get a team losing two consecutive games at home.  

I can remember us playing non league teams in the FA Cup 3 times. We won 3-0 at Yeovil, 8-0 against Sutton but really struggled to beat Dagenham 1-0 a few seasons ago. So one trend has to be broken and lets hope its the TV one!