Sign in to follow this  
Terminally Yellow

Let's do some wild speculation

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Sherlock Holmes andĀ Professor Moriarty fight for the job at the Reichenbach FallsĀ 

Maybe we should lock all the candidates in an escape room and see who gets out first šŸ˜‚

This thread underlines how much Webber has lost a connection with the City faithful. He has to pull a proverbial rabbit out of the hat with this appointment! A Wagner won't do.Ā 

10 hours ago, ricardo said:

Pearl and Dean

Marks and Spencer

Morcambe and Wise

Lennon and McCartney.

Ā 

Love Pearl and Dean. Ages us both, Ricardo.

One name that hasnā€™t come up is Craig Fleming believe he was assistant manager at Southampton. Has obvious ties to NorwichĀ 

Would be nothing short of remarkable if Wagner doesnā€™t get it and secondly that the head coachĀ ends up being someone totally left field off this list

might as well throw big Grant Holt into the mixĀ 

14 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Webber says two on his list don't appear on the bookies lists.

So who have we missed? Who might these two mystery men be?

One name that strikes me is Steven Gerrard.Ā 

But Steven Gerrard has constantly been on the bookies lists with odds of 8/1 offered a week ago, so clearly notĀ šŸ™„

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

14 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Hey that's a really good shout. Didn't he do well one year as Spurs caretaker?

He did and is now 1st team coach.

Narrows the field down when you say no real money to build a team and a lot of players out of contract soon

also you have to work with WebberĀ 

that leaves WagnerĀ 

Ā 

Webber's keen to delay the announcement until late this week, one reason could be to allow time to agree compensation with the ceding club.Ā 

If it is indeed Wagner why the delay?

I still have hope Attanasio will influence and perhaps finance some or all of it.

Edited by Capt. Pants

OK, so my two wild speculationsĀ are Paul Warne (recently joined Derby but might just be tempted away because of the local connection) and Emma Hayes (which would be a landmark appointment for obvious reasons)

Interviews being held in London so perhaps an airport Hotel. The fact they've gone to London suggests either someone is flying in from abroad or they don't want us nosy lot reporting who has booked into Dunston Hall. Or both.Ā 

The possible reason for the delay is perhaps that the Americans have insisted on being involved. If I'd spent as much as they have I would expect to have a say. That might mean Webber won't get his own way.Ā 

• Thanks 1

Roberto Martinez, failed to get the most out of arguably the best bunch of players in the world over the last few years. Looks like our kind of man.

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Interviews being held in London so perhaps an airport Hotel. The fact they've gone to London suggests either someone is flying in from abroad or they don't want us nosy lot reporting who has booked into Dunston Hall. Or both.Ā 

The possible reason for the delay is perhaps that the Americans have insisted on being involved. If I'd spent as much as they have I would expect to have a say. That might mean Webber won't get his own way.Ā 

Interesting update - where have you heard all this knowledge, especially that the Attanasio gang have insisted on being involved?

If the interviews are in London, there is no easy way of knowing that Gallardo has flown in for them, so feeling more optimistic.Ā Ā 

If we're going to go for former players that aren't on the bookies marketsĀ shall we go full Scandi and mention ƅgeĀ Hareide?

I know the 'little old norwich' comes up a lot but, we are a relatively big club with a decent history, so Webber needs a decent appointment I think. Farke was left field but it worked. Wagner......maybe the easy option but not loving the feeling of him. Someone younger who can build with the club (and new investment). A KK, or Ryan mason, Barry........

• Like 1