Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4eva

HOPES!!!

Why is it every game my hopes are up? You would think given the current situation and how we are playing i would expect us to lose every game but i just dont feel like that?!

Is is because i KNOW that there is quality in this team?! Or am i just wishfully thinking that one of these days we are going to turn up and just batter a team! Its certainly long overdue!!! ...Example. Todays game at Palace. Any normal person would expect us to lose, but i thought no. We can win this! Cmon boys! 7 minutes in.......bang. 1-0 down.
Half time 2.0.

Im constantly frustrated the same as you must be.
Now the worthy out situation...recently ive been very much on the fench. Swaying between OUT and IN. But the more i think about it, the more i want the guy to leave.
Its simple things such as team selections, substitutions, tactics, players weve bought.....and sold. I have nothing against Hughes. His comitment, determination, heart on his sleve attiutude is second to none and i respect that 100%. But i do not think he is good enough to play for Norwich City. On the other hand, Paul Mcveigh. The guy has undoubted class. And is up there with the most skillfull players in the squad. I could understand if McVeigh wasnt playing because hes been playing badly but he just hasnt been? this i cannot understand.

Earnshaw. Played his whole career scoring hatfuls of goals due to service, defence splitting passes etc. What do we do...lets lump it up to him!! Earnshaw surely great in the air?!?!?...No Nigel. Im afraid he isnt. But thats where i get confused...were the players told to do this???? If there were then you know what i would say. If they werent then why arnt the players doing as they are told?

A big thing was made when Adams on canary call was reported saying that its not down to Nigel to get the players motivated. Well i happen to think its a bit of both.
If the manager cant motivate the players in the dressing room at all then the players running onto the pitch will obviously not be as up for it as they could be.
I play football and not at a bad standard, and if anyone will get me motivated its myself.

Anyway...(3.0 btw.)..  I love this club. And thats why i have shown faith in the Manager etc, but now a change must be made. I dont feel that the players respect the manager enough.
I dont think they believe enough. and we have too many runners in the starting line up and not enough players who can put there foot on the ball and play.I know its only been once bad season, but i do believe that without worthington we would have stayed up  last season!
And i know its a distant memory now, but the play off final. I still stand by that he should have brought on libbra to run the clock down for us. He would have caused havoc!

EVERYBODY knows what Darren Huckerby is and does. He creates, he dances with the ball etc etc. 2.0 up. Huckerby tries a cheeky Maradona turn. CONFIDENCE.
''''DARREN GET BACK AND F*CKING DEFEND!
Hang on??? How long has darren played football, he cant defend. he can try! but hes just no good at it. the same as Earnshaw isnt. Now im all for players working hard and i accept that every player has to do there bit for the team, but for Nigel to come out and have a go at Huckerby for being the player he is and always has been?? sorry, but thats not fair. if you dont like what Darren does Nigel...dont play him!

Theres more issues and i could go on and on. but my fingers hurt.
i just had to express how i felt on here rather than have to fork out for another bedroom door.

oh!...4-0....But theres still time isnt there????

Having read your post ncfc4eva I can share what you feel and must congratulate you on the point about lots of runners, but not players who can put their foot on the ball and pass.  Exactly.

Until we have someone who can return us to being a technically good side, with the ten outfield players all capable on the ball, all eager to receive the ball and when not in possession able to find a space to receive it, we are going to carry on in the same old way.....

I echo your pain and can''t say I feel any better, but there will be a time when all this does come to an end.  It''s just the waiting for the penny to drop where it matters (ie with the Skippers of this world).  I can almost take being patronised by people like him if at the end of it all they start watching a game first and thinking about another cosy dinner party second....

[quote user="ncfc4eva"]

Earnshaw. Played his whole career scoring hatfuls of goals due to service, defence splitting passes etc. What do we do...lets lump it up to him!! Earnshaw surely great in the air?!?!?...No Nigel. Im afraid he isnt. But thats where i get confused...were the players told to do this???? If there were then you know what i would say. If they werent then why arnt the players doing as they are told?

[/quote]

Hit the nail on the head here . . .

Why would any manager tell his players to play the ball in the air to a very short striker? Answer: They Wouldn''t.

Yet Norwich players still seem to do so on a regular basis to Earnshaw, despite the fact that Worthington would NEVER tell them to. Before every game thay do drills in short, one-touch passing, and then proceed to aimlessly hoof the ball upfield during the match. In my opinion, there is little more Worthington can do to promote ''attractive'' football. Therefore surely the blame for this style of football should be placed at the feet (or hooves) of the players rather than the manager?

What a post.

Did you steal my brain there and email it on the board?

Are we twins? That''s exactly what I think to the letter. I think he has to go now.

Yeah, definitely a fair point - any player with half a brain would think to his-self "a five foot four striker isnt going to win much in the air". But yet it still gets punted up in the air.

This stems from two things in my opinion. First, that there is a distinct lack of leadership out there (if Worthy has instructed that, you would try something different at least). No one grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and starts playing the ball. What leadership there is (Hughes) is probably clapping all the way through the pre match team talk, hence the permanent selection.

Second, the players Worthy has bought to the club that are out on the pitch (save for Earnie, Hucks and Safri) are Bobby dog poo.

Sorry,

The Players are Worthy''s choices and have been changed and rotated, the tactics and training are his, the poor play has been a consistent feature. Of course it is down to the Manager, do you think the players want to look bad? I wonder how Michael Schumacher would fare in a ''reasonably priced car?'' in a grand Prix.

quite simply all managers carry the can thats their job because their

in charge.if the players insist on hoofing the ball despite worthys

promotion of  attractive football then he obviously isnt doing his

job very well.personally ive never liked him and feel all hes sver done

to promote attractive football is to put out a team that so often gets

a good old thumping away from home it must be very attractive for the

home fans to watch