Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Is Allan Russell in the frame?

Is Russell in the frame to be manager, perhaps to the end of the season? He's already here, he's got plenty of coaching experience, talks a good game, likes attacking football.

Maybe better than someone from outside the club?

If Webber cannot attract his preferred targets then I can see Russell staying in the role longer than we thought.

Early days yet 'Smith's body is still warm', we don't want another panic appointment just because Webber's no.1 choice doesn't fancy it.

He will be cheap so probably the only one being considered 😀

.  Second fav with the bookies, altho they pay out if he is in charge for 10 games so hopefully that explains the betting

I would say probably not, it depends if the club want to give themselves more time or think there isn’t the right man around at the moment. 

they played better last night than they have under smith in some time. Will be interesting to see how they go against Watford and to see if there’s another level of improvement 

"Well again we scoured the whole of the footballing universe for a suitable Dean Smith replacement....'Eureka and Lo an' Behold! We truly have the answer, he is here....right on our doorstep"....

"Oink Oink Whoosh!".....

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Webber cannot attract his preferred targets then I can see Russell staying in the role longer than we thought.

Early days yet 'Smith's body is still warm', we don't want another panic appointment just because Webber's no.1 choice doesn't fancy it.

I mean, I don't want him, but completely moronic to judge him on 1 game a few days after appointed. You can't radically change a teams style in days, try months.

• Like 1

Just now, NeymarSmith said:

Would just about kill off CR. We would probably get under 18k at home games. What a dreadful appointment 

Just now, NeymarSmith said:

Would just about kill off CR. We would probably get under 18k at home games. What a dreadful appointment 

Just to add this, I mean if he was to get the gig full time (I don't even care if he had a run of results a la Gary O'Neil at Bournemouth) this man getting it full time would be just ridiculous.

Obv on the caretaker role, handy you've stepped in.

Don’t really know enough about him but seems unfair to judge him on one game with few days to coach team.

Has got international experience with England though which is more than many

If yo watched his post match interview you'll see a huge difference in attitude from Smith. Really bigged up our players; said they'd gone from 4s 5s & 6s to 8s 9s & 10s !!! He also thought the crowd were fantastic. Certainly looks like the sort of leader who believes in belief, leads from the front, up-and-at-'em style. 

Could be fun. My biggest concern is I got a whiff of narcissism about him. That doesn't usually end well.

Edit:  just seen another interview (above was pinkun one) where he's perhaps a bit more measured. Overall I'm impressed.

Edited by ron obvious
  • Like 1

If Webber(s) Smith and Jones are off are off in the summer then might be the time to appoint someone on a normal 2/3 year contact. Wilder given the rest of the season with a juicy bonus if promoted? He knows this league well and has promotions on his CV. 

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Is Russell in the frame to be manager, perhaps to the end of the season? He's already here, he's got plenty of coaching experience, talks a good game, likes attacking football.

Maybe better than someone from outside the club?

Yes second favourite, but hope not after his subs last night.

He should stay as interim head coach. Still has to earn the upgrade. As other posts say above, making Russell the "default" is lazy, even for NCFC. Actually, scratch that - specially for us. Same for the players too, complacency is a curse. 

we should not judge him on one game after smith sacking, it's easy to manage a team after a sacking, not so easy after a few loses. remember B Gunn his first game was fantastic and then quickly went south. Why didn't Webber have options, because it was clear Smith was dead man walking a while ago.