Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Team announced

Just now, unique said:

Dowel’s introduction has certainly turned the game

What is the point of Kizzer - he doesn’t even deserve a nickname!

1 minute ago, unique said:

Dowel’s introduction has certainly turned the game

Yeah, a great cameo... 

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Absolutely has been, we’ve still been consistently better than Reading though throughout the game. Not something I could say about any of our last 6-8 games under Smith.

Yeah exactly. We've created the better chances and largely kept them at arms length at the other end. Poor finishing and a soft pen have cost us.

I'd also say this is a game where the subs have actively hurt us. Dowell is such a passenger most of the time and managed to give the penalty away, while Onel did his usual 'loads of running and step overs but zero end product' thing.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. 😂😂

and in my best LYB impression, 

HAVE YOU ALL GOT WHAT YOU WANTED NOW? YOU HOUNDED OUT THE MANAGER WITH YOUR RIDICULOUS VENDETTA AND WE'RE NO BETTER THAN WE WERE A FEW DAYS AGO!!!! WHO IS GOING TO STAND UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS!! YOUR TYPES ARE WHATS WRONG HERE!!! WITHOUT YOUR IDIOTIC IMPUT DEANO WOULD OF WON THAT!!!!!  WE..... WERE ...... 5TH!!!!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😉😉😉😉

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I've kept quiet all night but your post has summed it up for me. Average. That is what we are.

With an average league position to match

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

With an average league position to match

Yes very average all round. Won't trouble the promotion stakes.

Reading commentary saying challenge by Hendrick on Puulkki had more contact than the Dowell pen, though he also said neither were pens

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Smith may not have been the greatest manager but it's slowly becoming clear our team in geneal isnt that great ether.

Come on that was much better, and if not for a cretin of a ref we'd have won. Finishing and final ball has to be better I agree though. 

• Like 1

We've been better than Reading who have been mildly woeful.  What that says about us is less certain.

Sargent still not a right winger.  Idah not a left winger despite his goal.  Dowell still not part of a midfield 3 (although he had some nice touches when he came on he needs to be played further up if at all). The formation oddly demonstrated exactly what they had stated that they were trying to avoid in shoehorning round pegs into square holes.

Some of the interplay did look slightly better in general at least until a typically massively overhit final ball though.  We should have scored more than we did and the pen looked very soft to me on first viewing.

Edited by Barham Blitz

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

We have let PLM, Tzolis and Rashica go and replaced them with Sara, Nunez and Hayden. In a division lower. You do the maths.

They have looked like this all season. Nowhere near what we expected. There's always a mistake in them and it was painful waiting for it to happen

1 minute ago, Barham Blitz said:

We've been better than Reading who have been mildly woeful.  What that says about us is less certain.

Sargent still not a right winger.  Idah not a left winger despite his goal.  Dowell still not part of a midfield 3 (although he had some nice touches when he came on he needs to be played further up if at all). The formation oddly demonstrated exactly what they had stated that they were trying to avoid in shoehorning round legs into square holes.

Some of the interplay did look slightly better in general at least until a typically massively overhit final ball though.  We should have scored more than we did and the pen looked very soft to me on first viewing.

Reading fans gushing about how this is a fantastc draw and celebrating it like they won while we are annoyed by the result says all you need to know

• Like 1

I dont know if I'm totally lost as I cannot join all the misery talk this time. I think it was excellent improvement in the quality of our game with real attitude to get the job done. Just no luck this time, but after a long time our players seemed like quality individuals. Also, gotta admit that today it was easy to see why managers keep on selecting McLean as he was outstanding.

Unlucky to lose points, but otherwise really entertaining stuff!

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Come on that was much better, and if not for a cretin of a ref we'd have won. Finishing and final ball has to be better I agree though. 

Ken Hairy = new Lakey 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Smith may not have been the greatest manager but it's slowly becoming clear our team in geneal isnt that great ether.

‘Slowly’ becoming clear, after 90 minutes of football since the previous regime, and with no new leadership even through the door yet? I don’t think that meets the definition of ‘slowly’... Maybe wait to the new manager is in plus 10 league games?

Regardless we’ve already shown how good we can be during those 20/25 spells under Smith where we look like we could tear anyone apart. If we can find a coach to unlock that for even 50% of the time we’d be pushing the top 2 (albeit too late for us now this season). It’s not unreasonable to think there is a higher gear to come from our players, we’ve all witnessed it plenty this season, just not consistently or regularly enough!

Honestly don’t get this ‘players aren’t good enough’ angle. We’ve got one of the best 2-3 squads in the division. 

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Ken Hairy = new Lakey 😉

It's a worrying time if I'm suddenly The Pink Un voice of positivity 😂

Just now, Nuff Said said:
3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Ken Hairy = new Lakey 😉

Yeah, well I thought although we were brighter tonight, way too many misplaced passes or overhit crosses. Aarons still prone to cutting back rather than play an early cross, Sargent unable to pass simple passes to play someone in, Sara and Nunez not quite fulfilling their potential yet.

Better than Smithball though, but still lacking in that little extra quality.

• Like 2

I thought we at least played with a bit of intent and passion which was totally missing under Smith. The formation was wanting but I think that was just naievity of coaching team tryng to go for it. Gives me hope that IF we get the right manager we could still achieve something this seaason.

The right manager can certainlly work with the likes of Nunez, Sara, Sargent, Gibbs and Hayden to create players who can impact a game in this league. At the same time I think we should move on from the likes of Hernandez , Dowell, Mclean etc who might be no worse but will now not get any better