Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Will The Flags Be Out Friday ?

A couple of hours ago City Elite on their Facebook page have stated they have exciting news to announce shortly so i expect the club in an attempt to repair relations with fans and improve the atmosphere may well be letting the drum in the ground.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

A couple of hours ago City Elite on their Facebook page have stated they have exciting news to announce shortly so i expect the club in an attempt to repair relations with fans and improve the atmosphere may well be letting the drum in the ground.

......great.

• Sad 1

If they want to improve the atmosphere and repair relations with the fans, surely a lifetime ban for the drum is a more effective option

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Contact Along Come Norwich.

I'm sure they'd appreciate the help.

There was an interview on Pinkun Podcast I think (I've had to do 4 hours driving today), and whoever was interviewed said the flags had stopped because of a lack of volunteers to help support it and general apathy around it, but there'd already been an uptick in interest since Smith was sacked so they're hoping to get the atmosphere etc back. I really hope it pans out.

Edited by kick it off

Know one of the “Elite” members pretty well and he was pretty sure they’ll be bringing it in starting Friday.

Edited by TESCO
Grammar mistake!

Scarves for away games needs to start back up again too. Now Smith is gone, we all need to coalesce together and bring back the magic that made those Farke days so special. Obviously this starts with the players and performances on the pitch improving.... BUT it was more than just Farke, and we had a huge part in a really special time for the club....

This is a real crossroads for the club, and we, as fans, have chance to seize the narrative and change the dynamics. Easier for the players to play better if they can mentally demarcate what has gone before and the present and all they see for the rest of the season is a cacophonous support that is fully behind them. A total sea change in our attitude as fans to kick the apathy away and really get behind the lads will certainly not have any negative impact. It's time for a call to arms from ACN etc to really get the mojo back.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 3

Bring on the Flags

Bring on the Drum

Bring on a new rendition of a pissed Delia of Lets be aving yer

Guaranteed 3 points and Premiership football for another season 

39 minutes ago, TESCO said:

Know one of the “Elite” members pretty well and he was pretty sure they’ll be bringing it in starting Friday.

I went to Crown Meadow to watch the mighty Trawlerboys take on Gorleston and win 5-2. There was a drum there. It was an embarrassment and failed to generate any atmosphere aside from some annoying booms now and then. I’m really not a fan of the drum as you can tell, but as long as it’s nowhere near me I’m fine. You really would have to allocate them a zone and inform other fans in that zone that a tin pot drum was incoming and would they like to switch seats. Maybe offer ST holders that voted for the f**king thing that they can have prime seats right next to their eardrums if they want? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I went to Crown Meadow to watch the mighty Trawlerboys take on Gorleston and win 5-2. There was a drum there. It was an embarrassment and failed to generate any atmosphere aside from some annoying booms now and then. I’m really not a fan of the drum as you can tell, but as long as it’s nowhere near me I’m fine. You really would have to allocate them a zone and inform other fans in that zone that a tin pot drum was incoming and would they like to switch seats. Maybe offer ST holders that voted for the f**king thing that they can have prime seats right next to their eardrums if they want? 

I remember the team Wroxham played in the semi final of the FA trophy ( think that’s what it was ) were huge and loved nothing better than corners to bomb the opposition penalty area. They subsequently had an air raid siren and it went off every time they had a corner.

Edited by Well b back
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Drum gets my vote....but only if the drummer is for the duration of the game sat next to Stu Webber in the Director's Box....

"BOOM BOOM BOOM!"...."You alright there Stu?"...."BOOM BOOM BOOM!".....

• Haha 2

Yes, they will be. Should have enough volunteers for now, but if anyone wants to help with putting them out for future matches just email alongcomenorwich @ gmail.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Van wink said:

Bring back the cardboard clappers!!! 

Got a couple for sale £20 a pop if interested 

3 hours ago, Puntino said:

Yes, they will be. Should have enough volunteers for now, but if anyone wants to help with putting them out for future matches just email alongcomenorwich @ gmail.com

Well this is bloody good news. Look forward to a great atmosphere on Friday night!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

That's King Street after the match.

Maybe we should give the clappers a miss

15 hours ago, Well b back said:

I remember the team Wroxham played in the semi final of the FA trophy ( think that’s what it was ) were huge and loved nothing better than corners to bomb the opposition penalty area. They subsequently had an air raid siren and it went off every time they had a corner.

I doubt that Wroxham ever played Lincoln City but they have an air raid siren that they sound whenever they have a corner.  As a club they generate really good support from their 617 Sqn supporters group.

Edited by Naturalcynic
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

I doubt that Wroxham ever played Lincoln City but they have an air raid siren that they sound whenever they have a corner.  As a club they generate really good support from their 617 Sqn supporters group.

Definitely wasn’t Lincoln, but I am hearing this is not as uncommon as I thought it was.