Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Idah

8 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

I love this type of totally ridiculous reactionary threads. 

A year ago Idah was frightening good premier league defences. Since then he basically been injured for a year let’s write him off 60 minutes ish into his comeback.

A better question would be why when we are struggling to link midfield and attack do we not bring on either Nunez or Dowell

50 appearances for us and 4 goals, 13 appearances for the republic and no goals suggests he isn’t good enough.

he should have gone out on loan 

7 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

To be fair to him this thread is a disgrace but anyone is fair game right now..

Why is it a disgrace? The guy has plainly got a certain arrogance about him. Plus.he's just simply not a very good footballer.Certainly not at this level.

I've said it before he's shown me nothing to suggest he's nothing more than a league 1/2 player, just not Championship level at all.  That free kick last night was horrendous. 

8 hours ago, Petriix said:

To be fair to him, by the time he hit the ball a Luton player was within 5 yards of him so there was minimal goal to aim for. It should have been retaken. There was (initially) a reasonable gap to aim for and it would have totally caught the keeper out. 

To be fair to him the Luton free kick in the first half with the same wall/ GK set up was the bench mark. A good save from Gunn. Idahs effort was poor . That’s it . A poor free kick. End of . 

It’s pointless Defending players at the moment.

He’s scored more than 4 goals for us. The FA Cup hat trick against Preston.

There was a large why did we let Carlton Morris go who is a very similar player to Idah……you can’t say we were wrong to release Morris then say Idah is useless.

I was a thinking more his performance against West Ham than Everton where he was singled out by MOTD pundits.

9 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

It’s pointless Defending players at the moment.

He’s scored more than 4 goals for us. The FA Cup hat trick against Preston.

There was a large why did we let Carlton Morris go who is a very similar player to Idah……you can’t say we were wrong to release Morris then say Idah is useless.

I was a thinking more his performance against West Ham than Everton where he was singled out by MOTD pundits.

I league goal ( v Everton) in 49 appearances.

2 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

I league goal ( v Everton) in 49 appearances.

I am no statto but he definitely scored the first and last goals of 2rd Farke promotion season.

4 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I am no statto but he definitely scored the first and last goals of 2rd Farke promotion season.

And was injured for the entire time in between. 

What a shocker. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

And in-between them?

Adam is a talented lad, he should have played 150 games by now, and scored 50 odd goals.  

I hate to think where we would be this season without Teemu, but if I was tackling the next phase of the NCFC story, it would be built around Adam, and Josh.

if either scored 25 goals, two seasons in a row they would be worth 30 to 40 Million.

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

To be fair to him this thread is a disgrace but anyone is fair game right now..

Yeah, it is what it is but a youth product just back from injury getting pelters on here doesn't sit right.

• Like 2

I had high hopes for Idah but injury and lack o' football etc, have created setbacks for his career....As someone earlier intimated, a long loan out then see if he's worth keeping.....

49 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

you can’t say we were wrong to release Morris then say Idah is useless.

Yes you can.

Carlton Morris very evidently always possessed a high degree of footballing intelligence and was technical ability, and Adam Idah displays neither.

There is absolutely no comparison, the difference between the two is like night and day. This has not just suddenly become apparent after Carlton Morris was let go, it was apparent when he was in the U18s, U23s, and when out on loan. Carlton Morris has always been the real deal like Chris Martin was, and Adam Idah has always been very limited, like Drew Broughton or Adrian Coote.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes you can.

Carlton Morris very evidently always possessed a high degree of footballing intelligence and was technical ability, and Adam Idah displays neither.

There is absolutely no comparison, the difference between the two is like night and day. This has not just suddenly become apparent after Carlton Morris was let go, it was apparent when he was in the U18s, U23s, and when out on loan. Carlton Morris has always been the real deal like Chris Martin was, and Adam Idah has always been very limited, like Drew Broughton or Adrian Coote.

People at the time said Ade Akinbiyi was limited, and Idah looks a better player than him.  With Carlton it was always his pace which meant he looked like he would not make it.

Idah clearly has something about him - but anyone expecting him to be a goal machine (as he maybe fooled us with that Preston hat-trick - as much an outlier as an Ian Culverhouse goal) is going to be disappointed. 

The most effective I’ve seen him used was in the West Ham & Everton games last season - a different role, being a nuisance, doing the dirty work, bringing others into play. The timing of his injury was terrible and he was unable to get a run of games in that role. Maybe in the wake of subsequent injuries, he’s not up to doing that role again. 

I don’t tend to like the knocking of youth system products (I still shake my head at how Hendo was treated) - but that free kick and general bumbling around last night reminded me more of Ali Dia than Adam Idah. 

Edited by mrdi

13 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

I love this type of totally ridiculous reactionary threads. 

A year ago Idah was frightening good premier league defences. Since then he basically been injured for a year let’s write him off 60 minutes ish into his comeback.

A better question would be why when we are struggling to link midfield and attack do we not bring on either Nunez or Dowell

Indeed. Also funny how Morris has become the new Ronaldo when he was still on our books at 24 and virtually everyone was saying "why the hell are we still paying his wages?". Morris is actually a good example of players needing patience, an injury free run and regularly playing in a team which suits their style. All things which can be applied to Idah.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Indeed. Also funny how Morris has become the new Ronaldo when he was still on our books at 24 and virtually everyone was saying "why the hell are we still paying his wages?". Morris is actually a good example of players needing patience, an injury free run and regularly playing in a team which suits their style. All things which can be applied to Idah.

Nailed it. Pukki has been a magnificent servant to us and will be undoubtedly a club legend when he goes. However, he was so effective and so highly available - and to cap it off was largely in a formation with just one striker up top - that it inevitably meant development opportunities for other strikers were very few and far between.

All players really need a run of games to get their eye in, get fully sharp, get their confidence up, and indeed get match fit. If you have a striker constantly banging goals in, why switch him unless he's carrying a knock, looking a little jaded, or indeed suspended? You don't. And here's the crux with Pukki - he hit the ground running and pretty much started scoring at a decent lick from his first matches, so he grabbed the shirt in the process and never let go of it.

The likes of Idah, Morris, Srbeny, Hugill etc. don't have/didn't really have the opportunity to get into gear because Pukki's been that consistently solid and available for us. At the same time, we can't not have a back-up. Idah's had terrible luck with serious injury, and also that Pukki's been such a reliable player. If Pukki hadn't been so good, Idah would surely have had more of a run if he'd been fit.

1 hour ago, Newtopia said:

Adam is a talented lad, he should have played 150 games by now, and scored 50 odd goals.  

I hate to think where we would be this season without Teemu, but if I was tackling the next phase of the NCFC story, it would be built around Adam, and Josh.

if either scored 25 goals, two seasons in a row they would be worth 30 to 40 Million.

If you truly believe that Idah or Sargent will ever score 25 goals a season in the championship I admire your optimism but I feel its seriously delusional.

12 hours ago, Canaries north said:

I live a long way away so don't get to see youth games like I did many years ago. A friend who I used to go with still attends and has always said he looked great but a lot was to do with his build at a young age. He could hold other kids off the ball with ease. Now he is in a man's game things don't look so easy. Not my opinion but one from someone who I trust. 

I think it's true that this type of player find the transition from youth football difficult as they come up against physical centre backs. Many don't really fulfill potential until they are mid-twenties. You could say the same about Carlton Morris. He's 27 now  and looking like a decent championship striker. Grant Holt was 28 when joined us.

Adam Idah is 21. What sets him apart is that he has pace. What could hold him back is that he's now described as a 'joint compromised athlete'. 

I think we should be a little more patient before we go after him.

Should be on loan, he’s been an obvious candidate for a loan and regular run of games since he broke through.

He is never going to fulfil his potential as a irregular sub.

He’s only 21, people writing him off are being ridiculously harsh.

• Like 1

On the subject of the freekick I think McLean should have taken it. It was better suited for a left footer to put his foot through it. Kenny relinquished responsibility there imo.

20 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

On the subject of the freekick I think McLean should have taken it. It was better suited for a left footer to put his foot through it. Kenny relinquished responsibility there imo.

I assume they will have practiced in training and Idah was the best on the pitch.  It seemed a pretty tame attempt to me, but he is a clean striker of the ball.

16 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He also managed to tackle Pukki who was about to try and make space for himself to have a go from the edge of the 18 yard box.

Difference in quality between Idah and Morris is probably about 3 divisions with Morris being in the right one and Idah needing to be in the National League.

...and we let Morris go !!!!!