Sign in to follow this  
By Hook or Ian crook

Luton Away

I can get behind this. A proper 3-5-2 with wingbacks, Dimi given a start, Gibbs in for Hayden, and Pukki and Sargent properly up front together.

I dont mind this too much....as long as aarons and giannoulis can get forward

The crux is that Smith simply HAD to get our 9 goal top scorer down the middle by hook or by crook

My first choice would gave been a mid diamond with 2 up front ...but this is better than what we had been doing

Wonder what prompted this change in formation, oh yes, the fans telling Smith how bored we are!!

That extra centre back will ensure passing stability across the back.

Pukki and Serg sat up top with no service.

Let's hope we lose again keep up the momentum on the boring Brummie.

(Of course I don't want to lose but I want Smith gone so I can actually get behind my team again)

Edited by Nexus_Canary

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

That extra centre back will ensure passing stability across the back.

Pukki and Serg sat up top with no service.

Let's hope we lose again keep up the momentum on the boring Brummie.

It really is an issue isnt it? We get Pukki and Sargent attacking which should result in goals galore but then we go and not play any wingers and leave them alone with no support

In theory a decent lineup although I'm not sure the midfield is creative enough. We'll launch it a lot and get down the sides though so it'll probably be enough if we are up for it mentally.

One of those games where I'm torn and hoping we get smashed though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

That's a meh from me. A 3-5-2 without flair.

Unless Sara has been freed to put on a Brazilian samba show. He hasn't shown signs to date. Que Sara, Sara?

At least he’s finally found a formation to play Pukki and Sargent up top. Pretty sure this is all too little too late though.

Edited by Monty13

5 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

In theory a decent lineup although I'm not sure the midfield is creative enough. We'll launch it a lot and get down the sides though so it'll probably be enough if we are up for it mentally.

One of those games where I'm torn and hoping we get smashed though.

Very interesting that if we are a little empty in the middle with this new formation that Smith would decide that Hayden is not up for it..

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It really is an issue isnt it? We get Pukki and Sargent attacking which should result in goals galore but then we go and not play any wingers and leave them alone with no support

Erm! what do you think the wingbacks will be doing?

• Like 1

I'm willing to give it a little time given that it's an actual change and not just mixing different players in the same shape.

Particularly interested to see if this gives us the ability to hold territory in midfield which is one of our biggest issues. 

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Quite.  This formation ‘ought’ to be pretty decent - I think it was one of the problems when we played them at CR.  Kenny certainly owes them one.

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Probably standing around watching Hanley and Gibson hoof it if we play as we normally do.

Interesting way to plug the holes in midfield... By basically bypassing the midfield. Probably better than the 4-3-3 because we should have enough defensive cover but we're absolutely dependent on the width of the wingbacks which could be pretty one-dimensional.

Still tinkering with the formation and tactics. It smacks of desperation, like Farke's last few games. Could well be the end. 

On the bright side it can’t be any worse than the last game. Really it’s a win win game. If we win Norwich have won and my Boxing Day gets better. If we lose highly likely smith will go and I’ll be happy then too 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

Interesting way to plug the holes in midfield... By basically bypassing the midfield. Probably better than the 4-3-3 because we should have enough defensive cover but we're absolutely dependent on the width of the wingbacks which could be pretty one-dimensional.

Still tinkering with the formation and tactics. It smacks of desperation, like Farke's last few games. Could well be the end. 

Tells you all you need to know about the manager when you’re half way into the season and he still doesn’t know his best side. 

On paper it looks good and I'm so pleased Gibbs has replaced Hayden!

Bit harsh on McCallum who received some quite chronic passes off Gibson last game.

Just now, Petriix said:

This formation at least makes sense - be it 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 - the formation that DF went with in the game v Leeds was a total mess, as Hucks commented on at h-t.

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

On the bright side it can’t be any worse than the last game. Really it’s a win win game. If we win Norwich have won and my Boxing Day gets better. If we lose highly likely smith will go and I’ll be happy then too 🤷‍♂️

To be replaced by????

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can't bealive the club would unironicly post this and ignore how depressed and sad the players look 🙃

I would be too if I was in Luton

• Haha 1