Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

IT'S THE FANS CLUB SO THE BUCK STOPS WITH YOU!

I am fed up with reading all the lilly livered excuses for season ticket renewals despite wanting Worthington out.

You all criticise Dicky and Squit but at least they have views and are prepared to stand up for them.

All this nonsense about protest, a meeting in a church with no one to argue against and squabbles over singing Worthy Out based upon short termism situations such as results.

Norwich City supporters lack conviction, this is reflected in the atmosphere at the ground and is why Clubs have their individual characters. Worthington is a strong minded man and walks all over the fans. Even Adams on the phone ins consistently shoots callers down in flames. Listen to other fans on 606 and hear them stand up for themselves. The Board are lining up to have a pop at us, even ones with no charisma.

You don''t have to be aggressive or violent, you don''t have to break the law you just have to say what you mean and bloody well mean what you say. Norwich fans are collectively soft, compliant and maleable. They are naive to media and marketing.

They used to say that the easiest way to lead a group of Norfolk men was to find out which way they were going and to walk in front. What happened to that, sheep! Let''s decide what we want, where we want to go and stick by our decision.

If you want to blame anyone for the current situation then try looking at yourselves. Appeasement doesn''t work!

I understand what you''re saying Rudolph but I think some fans love watching football too much to stay away. Not renewing might mean you can''t get a season ticket next season and would make it much harder to get to see City play for the rest of this season. Also if Worthy is replaced at the end of this season and we start playing well next season then a lot of people could seriously regret not renewing!

I also think a lot of supporters think ''why should I have to miss out being able to watch the team I love and the game I love to prove to the board that Worthy should be sacked''. Surely they can see that anyway! The supporters shouldn''t have to suffer any more!!

p.s. ding bloody dong!! Thought I''d get that in before you did!! Cucumber sarni??? ;-)

agreed rude old, the norfolk temperament owes more to roll over and die than up and at them.  bazzer skipper said the booing of players when city were 1 up against brighton was unlike city fans - it wasn''t surprising given 10 men brighton were playing us off the park at the time. most people were sitting quietly watching that performance like platefuls of jelly - absoultely no backbone, and from the county has spawned nelson.  skippers version of blind loyalty smacks of first world war battle tactics, do your duty to king and country - over the top to certain death. - perhaps the players should come out to the sound of machine gun fire blaring over the PA on saturday!

I am a Norfolk man of long anticedence LGT and I know this County suffers from too much historical forelock tugging.

In addition, there is too small narrow mindedness (if you come from beyond the County boundary you are a foreigner) and far too much ignorence and lack of aspiration.

There is a world of difference between frustrated, pointless protest, aggression, abuse and steadfastness and stoicism.

Somebody once told me the Norfolk Regiment was used to hold taken positions because they would uncomplainingly tolerate atrition. This is an admirable quality but also a negative one without proper leadership and I feel the Norfolk character is currently being abused by the Carrow Road PR machine which will cost them dear in the long run because when things do finally break another aspect of the Norfolk character is a long memory and avoidance.

You''ve hit the proverbial nail straight on the head.

I''d love to commend these people for their loyalty, but in light of the clubs present situation all they''re actually accomplishing is the sustainment of the dire crap being witnessed week in & week out by providing the board financially.

The board will not budge an inch whilst folk are renewing season tickets, pure & simple, so people that are renewing season tickets hoping that Worthington will go regardless of their actions are sadly deluded.

Okay, not renewing next seasons tickets is a gamble, but for the sake of the club it has to be worth it.

I''m a season ticket holder and stopped attending matches halfway through this term and I don''t intend renewing for next season.

I''ve been thoroughly entertained by Cromer Utd for a couple of quid per match since.

I don''t think the 2 things are mutually exclusive, Rudolph. I happen to have 2 more years to run on my season ticket, so I do not have to make a renewal decision right now (although I certainly haven''t extended it any further).  But NCFC is too important to me to walk away from - especially as I don''t think the Board will ''take the hint'' from the few (and it will only be a few, Rudolph) who not to renew.

Rather, renew BUT, at the same time, continue to make your feelings known that we want a change - and we want it NOW!!  Get a ''result'' (in footballing parlance) and you''ll hopefully enjoy next season SOOOOOO much more!!  [:D]