Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The world Cup final- France V Argentina

As much as I hate Argies they did deserve it.

Fantastic tournament will really miss it.

All we have to look forward to now is Smithball 😭😭

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Why is the Arg keeper allowed to get away with throwing the ball away and constant ****housery?  

Krul would be proud

• Like 1

As an entertaining spectacle it was nowhere as  good as last night's Strictly Final.....but as football games go, it was mildly enjoyable I suppose....

• Haha 1

Weird game, for 75 minutes it was so one sided it was almost dull, then suddenly bang the best world cup final in modern times

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Argentina are nothing without Emi

If only they had Bale, still they will be celebrating in Patagonia 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

172 goals in the entire tournament, a record!. Argentina almost made it a situation where they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, but Messi now has a World Cup and the Messi/Ronaldo debate is over as far as I’m concerned.

What a match, and the best team won.

• Like 2

Terrific match. Had everything bar a sending off or punch up. Messi has the full set now and he deserves it. And now Sir Geoff can say he scored a hat trick and won.

I fear the post mortem on this tournament won't be anything to do with football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still think a fully fit French squad without a sickness bug reeking havoc would have made a better game of it, and probably won. Sadly wasn't to be. Mbappe Vs Haaland could well be the next Ronaldo Vs Messi.

Messi finishes off in style inspiring his international side to victory, something he'd struggled to do until now. In fact, in previous tournaments people generally felt underwhelmed by him, especially in the side he is in.

Did not like their gamesmanship, they were lucky not to see red for a couple of tackles. I for one hope this approach to the physicality is retained for domestic leagues, along with the added time. 

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Terrific match. Had everything bar a sending off or punch up. Messi has the full set now and he deserves it. And now Sir Geoff can say he scored a hat trick and won.

I fear the post mortem on this tournament won't be anything to do with football.

Now thats what ️ football is all about. What a great final. 👍.  Well done 👏  Messi , I'm chuffed to bits for you. The best player of modern day has finally won the world cup. Enjoy 😉 

• Thanks 1