Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The world Cup final- France V Argentina

So in order to try and distract us all at least we got this a world cup final featuring two of the worst and most hated teams in the entire tournament. 

However being serious for a second who would you like to see win and why?

I will watch the final, but I am really underwhelmed by the two sides.  It is like choosing between pineapple or anchovy on a pizza - uninspiring

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Don't really mind who wins. Quite like the idea of England losing to the eventual winners: would confirm the progress they've made that some people are finding so difficult to see. On the other hand, it would be great to see Messi win the WC. Really hope CR12 is in the crowd. 

Hadn't even crossed my radar this was on today, couldn't give a flying fig who wins.  Media will turn it into a Messi/Mbappe glory fest and treat the rest of the players as bystanders and as the op says, these are two of the most unpopular teams in the tournament. Meh!

27 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

2-1 Argentina... Messi Penalty to seal it because it's been paid for already 😉

You’re probably right there - astonishing level of leeway given to him by refs.  Could/should be booked loads more than he is, and is happy to get others booked for next to nothing.  Great player, but I’m not a fan of that cynical side.

After hearing unnecessary anti-British songs and chants about the Falklands in the dressing room… and their behaviour against the Dutch… Vive la France!

• Like 1

France all the way for me, we share so much more in common with them, and despite the sometimes more than banter between esch nation, we cannot deny our longstanding relationship.

As for Argentina, I have nothing but contempt. Bunch of latter day, pseudo fascist colonialist w4nkers.

Argentina for me. Mainly because the other side are the surrender monkeys over the Channel.

Hope Argentina win it, it would be nice to see Messi come away with a trophy he's not won.

This is a no win final. 

Argentine win, will be Messi has finally won a world cup and Ronaldo hasn't. Plus the anti English chants after the semi final. Only positive is that the smug smile will be wiped off Mbappes face. 

French win, well its the frogs and can't stand them in general

3 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

2-1 Argentina... Messi Penalty to seal it because it's been paid for already 😉

Argentina win 100%. If I were a betting man.. I would be betting them. It's already written, the refs have been acquired, job done. The scripts are written... 

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The best team I hope.

Viva la footy. I want a good game, if we cant have that then i want to watch a dirty game, full of cynical shoitehousery and niggly fouls, punch ups and sendings off. I suspect we'll get the latter. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So in order to try and distract us all at least we got this a world cup final featuring two of the worst and most hated teams in the entire tournament. 

However being serious for a second who would you like to see win and why?

I thought England had been knocked out already?😍

• Haha 2

Only a minute and half in and the commentator is banging on about "Messi's moment" Seriously fck off

I don't particularly want Messi to win it. The saccharin, adoring way he's viewed doesn't sit right with me; I feel like the only real difference in perception between him and Ronaldo comes from one speaking English 

As for the French, I'm not particularly English so have no real problem with them. If anything I admire the way they used the absolute basket-case of a decade or so ago to springboard into a dominant power.

• Like 1