Sign in to follow this  
kenfoggo

“Fortunately our next game is away”

What is he saying? He would rather there were no Norwich Supporters at a game? THEN the team will perform well? The squad can ONLY perform without the horrid fans ? The absolute rubbish we saw on the pitch is a result of the poor support and not the poor coaching? I would rather Dean Smith coached and prepared a team that can play football and stop treating the Supporters , the Owners and the Club with such contempt.

2 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

What is he saying? He would rather there were no Norwich Supporters at a game? THEN the team will perform well? The squad can ONLY perform without the horrid fans ? The absolute rubbish we saw on the pitch is a result of the poor support and not the poor coaching? I would rather Dean Smith coached and prepared a team that can play football and stop treating the Supporters , the Owners and the Club with such contempt.

He can say that because he knows his boss and de facto leader of our club has the same attitude

• Like 2

The biggest insult toward the fans was when he used the word "narrative".

As if thousands of football fans cant see what is front of their eyes. 

Football fans aren't fools . They can see when something isnt right.

He can reel off all the bo1locks he likes about stats and XG ...but the (dropped) points tally , the recent home defeats , the style of football doesnt lie

• Like 7

…and unfortunately  for him, the two after are at home, and with comments like he made after the game, the tolerance level of the home fans will now be exceedingly less. It sounds to me that he wants the golden handshake. Good riddance you utter, beige mercenary. 

Edited by astro
  • Like 1

To be honest, I don't care much any more about the results for the rest of this season. I'm happy to write this season off as long as at the end of it we have a club which no longer treats its fans like dogsh*t on their shoes.

16 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Maybe it's a giveaway that the squad has started to fear playing at Carrow Road because of the atmosphere; most of the time, Carrow Road's a library, but that 'Dean Smith, your football is sh*t' chant had to be the most enthusiastic and positive thing the crowd has done this season, but it wasn't going to do lift the players. The way our players were losing the plot and their tempers towards the end showed the only effect it would have was bad.

Trouble is, if we get a replacement manager, then what? What if they don't bounce with an immediate win with a new manager? TvB and co have already set the wheels in motion to call for the heads of all and sundry no matter what.

We're in a weird place where we're in the playoff slots and the club's near to mid term future looks hopeless.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

To be honest, I don't care much any more about the results for the rest of this season. I'm happy to write this season off as long as at the end of it we have a club which no longer treats its fans like dogsh*t on their shoes.

It’s been that way for the last couple of seasons thanks to Webber mainly, so until he goes along with Smith nothing will change

• Like 1

The more I think about this, the more I'm believing he's looking for the sack, no manager who wants to keep their job comes out and says things like this. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Didn’t Glen Roeder do the same? And we all know what happened to him!

13 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

The more I think about this, the more I'm believing he's looking for the sack, no manager who wants to keep their job comes out and says things like this. 

I wonder if there's a particular reason for wanting to be sacked now. Maybe there's some kind of clause which would allow us to sack him if we're outside the playoffs? 

18 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I wonder if there's a particular reason for wanting to be sacked now. Maybe there's some kind of clause which would allow us to sack him if we're outside the playoffs? 

Christmas is coming up 

The idiot Smith has lost it. Attacking the fans shows what a poor fit  he is. 
probably thinks it is ok as Webber doesnt care about the Customers either. 

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

I am kind of expecting a statement from the club condemning the fans conduct last night. I genuinely am 😂

'would everyone who swore and joined in with the clear category 2 violating chants please come forward' 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

'would everyone who swore and joined in with the clear category 2 violating chants please come forward' 

Here’s another bold Buh prediction, the slating of the fans is nowhere near done

”We gave you a big Duncan Forbes poster and you repay us with effin and Jeffin?”

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Here’s another bold Buh prediction, the slaying of the fans is nowhere near done

”We have you a big Duncan Forbes poster and you repay us with effin and Jeffin?”

Genuinely wouldn't surprise me one bit. 

We are in a weird position. We're in the playoff positions, but it doesn't feel like we've earnt it, our performances aren't dominant, and it also feels, the way we do seem to be playing, that we won't be in the playoffs come the end of the season.

Berating the fans is a desperate and dangerous play. You want them on your side, but after these comments he's his own worst enemy and fans will make their feelings known even more strongly at every next home game.

He may have personal frustrations, but he's now public enemy No.1 one at every home game & is an idiot for saying these things. He's now lost any support he still had

59 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

And those who continue to do so 🤣

I think it's literally just Mick Dennis at this point, isn't it?

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Can't get booed if you've banned everyone from the ground.

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.rsquare.w700.jpg

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

I would think there is something along those lines. The contracts must be so complicated.

2 hours ago, kenfoggo said:

What is he saying? He would rather there were no Norwich Supporters at a game?

Be fair, 4 percent of Norwich fans are still supporting him.

There were probably 20000 home fans at the game.

4 percent of that is 1000.

He'd still want the 1000 members of the Dean Smith fan club in attendance. 

“Fortunately the next game is away” is probably one of the funniest thing a manager has ever said 😂😂😂😂 Dean Smith is such a meme

Smith shouldn't have said it. But he's not wrong.

Booing the players after 15 minutes for passing it around the back (which was the only way we actually created space to set Max or Sam on an attack) must make it near impossible for the players.

But with the fans having that mindset he has to go. There's not really a workable alternative.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Smith shouldn't have said it. But he's not wrong.

Booing the players after 15 minutes for passing it around the back (which was the only way we actually created space to set Max or Sam on an attack) must make it near impossible for the players.

But with the fans having that mindset he has to go. There's not really a workable alternative.

It was the lack of a third option in between defence and centre field I found exasperating. Gibbs seemed to fill this space at times in the second half. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

It was the lack of a third option in between defence and centre field I found exasperating. Gibbs seemed to fill this space at times in the second half. 

Hayden seems pretty rubbish at it, in all honesty. Like you say, Gibbs was considerably better at it.

23 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Be fair, 4 percent of Norwich fans are still supporting him.

I think you're misinterpreting the poll results. I voted 'no' to sacking him in the morning not to sacking him at all. He should have been sacked last night, in the dressing room. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think it's literally just Mick Dennis at this point, isn't it?

Only one thing more certain than Dennis' defence of all things at the club (which he has been doing on twitter) is his unsweving reluctance to ever criticise a poor refereeing performance

• Like 1