Sign in to follow this  
By Hook or Ian crook

Will you renew..

13 hours ago, Well b back said:

I must say we travel from Birmingham, and in the past would never miss a home game. However it used to cost £50 in petrol to get there and back now it’s nearer £80. We would never give up our season tickets, but in the current climate often don’t bother now rushing down for a midweek game as we can watch on Tele and keeping our season ticket is probably cheaper than travelling down for 10 games and paying as a casual. 

Maybe the cunning plan by the club is to go on an amazing run at the end of the season and go up through the playoffs meaning most will renew at the much higher £ meaning much more revenue for the club.

Agree with that. Travel from Corby and it's a crap journey at the best of times. With the cost of fuel food and tickets it's becoming more and more unfeasible 

• Like 1

Yup I will because I like my seat and the people around me.

Will I sell back my seat more often than normal?

Yes probably.

Money not really an issue for me before someone thinks I'm pissing money up the wall there.

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Of course . I’m a Norwich fan. I’ll always renew whilst I am lucky enough to be able to get there and afford it. Dean Smith isn’t Norwich . Nor is Webber. It’s the shirt I support and always will. 

Precisely. My connection to Norwich City is lifelong, and no manager or playing style will change that. However I do hope, even expect, for some positive return on that emotional and financial investment. Lambert provided it, Farke provided it. Smith is just the latest manager of the club who has given no sign that he can. 

The bigger problem than immediate on-pitch success for me is what’s happening to the feeder teams - under Farke, every age group was being coached to play in the 1st teams style, heaven forbid we have thrown that away to play whatever this style of Smith’s is now. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

If Dean Smith is still the manager at the end of the season then I'd imagine we've gotten to the playoffs at least.

I applaud your imagination 

14 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I think almost everyone would agree that charging the 13th highest season ticket price in the county is unjustifiable given the current output. 

Is the really true though, when not even the most expensive in the Champs?

I understood the club do monitor the amount of times you attend, however are not allowed to punish you in any way. I do understand also that if you do not attend 5 games they write to you to encourage you to use buy back. If however you give your ticket to somebody else you would be deemed as attending. 

Yep, I live outside Bath and I'll renew but it will be for personal reasons and not for watching last nights abject performance and listening to DS's post match justifications. The drive back home today does question my sanity.

23 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I understood the club do monitor the amount of times you attend, however are not allowed to punish you in any way. I do understand also that if you do not attend 5 games they write to you to encourage you to use buy back. If however you give your ticket to somebody else you would be deemed as attending. 

I missed more than 5 matches last season and didn't receive a letter. Buyback, i had no takers in the Premiership so a cat in hells chance at the moment.

33 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Not enjoying it, last night was a bit of a final straw, but hey ho, there is always another day

Yep, drove 165 miles there positively thinking a 3:0 win, drove 165 miles back a miserable b******, woke up this morning planning our night out in Luton, thinking should we have bought the tickets.

Football hey VW

21 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Yep, drove 165 miles there positively thinking a 3:0 win, drove 165 miles back a miserable b******, woke up this morning planning our night out in Luton, thinking should we have bought the tickets.

Football hey VW

You certainly know how to burn the candle at both ends 😉

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

You certainly know how to burn the candle at both ends 😉

I can honestly say I have Never woken up planning a night out in Luton 😀

If I only watched football when things were going well I'd have chosen to support one of the big 4 In the country. Of course I'd renew.

2 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I believe we sat 13th here’s the list of Prem prices. Think we would sit just below Man Utd 4B02DC68-54FF-45EF-8D94-88070B80EF2F.thumb.jpeg.c547f7456b48880a111bf4bdf51db706.jpeg

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

What are they the prices for?

Good question NN, for top prices both QPR and Bristol City appear higher.

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city/championships-most-expensive-season-tickets-for-202223-3716750?page=6

Yes, not because I am a fan of Dean Smith or Stuart Webber but because I place huge importance on the social aspect of attending games. Only poor health or worse will prevent me from going to games and as disgruntled as I am at the moment if a poor football performances are the only thing I have to worry about then life aint all that bad.............

6 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

That’s the list of the cheapest season ticket on offer at each club. 

It's not very representative though. Our cheapest season tickets are lower and upper tiers behind both goals, the three corners and the wings of the City and South stands. 

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

If I only watched football when things were going well I'd have chosen to support one of the big 4 In the country. Of course I'd renew.

For me personally it’s a cost v benefit equation. I used to get paid a very comfortable wage for around here so I could afford to be rather frivolous with renewing the ticket regardless of what league we were in or who the manager was. 

over the last 10 years I’ve had years with no pay increase, I’ve had some with 1% and some with 2%. My wages from when I started with my current employer have gone got nowhere near the rises in the cost of living and especially with how ridiculous things have gotten in the past year I would find it hard to justify spending money on something that, of late brings nothing but misery. My monthly outgoing have increased probably by £400 in a year with fuel rises, tax rises, engergy costs, raise in interest rates ect. £50 a month has gone from being something I’d barely notice coming out of my bank to thinking does this cost justify the reward I get out of attending. Not to mention on top of that you have parking fee, food, drink, fuel. It’s easily turning into £75 a game to attend all in. I love the club but I’m certainly not in love with the way it’s run at the moment. I don’t think it’s my time to give it up just yet but if smith is still in a job in a month I may change that tune. 

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's not very representative though. Our cheapest season tickets are lower and upper tiers behind both goals, the three corners and the wings of the City and South stands. 

It’s just numbers, interpret them how you want. I just posted the list of lowest prices to compare how expensive ours are in relation. My ticket in the Barclay is a bit more than the cheapest ticket at Man Utd which is one of the largest clubs in the world. Personally I’m not sure on then justification of that. 

6 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

It’s just numbers, interpret them how you want. I just posted the list of lowest prices to compare how expensive ours are in relation. My ticket in the Barclay is a bit more than the cheapest ticket at Man Utd which is one of the largest clubs in the world. Personally I’m not sure on then justification of that. 

It's context. Numbers in a good way. Because thousands of season ticket holders get the cheapest price. Numbers in a bad way would be to reduce some of the least popular seats by a hundred quid and add a bit on the centre seats behind the goals. 

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's context. Numbers in a good way. Because thousands of season ticket holders get the cheapest price. Numbers in a bad way would be to reduce some of the least popular seats by a hundred quid and add a bit on the centre seats behind the goals. 

Agreed 

I wouldn't worry about season ticket renewals. It won't be long until we are back to the 13000-14000 gates we had in the late 80's early 90's. Only it will be without the success that we had at those times, more akin to the success Red Star Belgrade have nowadays. 

Go communism!!!! 

It's been a success every where

Edited by Iwans Big Toe